/Germanic/- Mockery Edition

Get the fuck in here, kinsmen.

Invited: Afrikaners, Austrians, Danes, Dutch, English, Flemish, Frisians, Germans, Icelanders, Lowland Scots, Norwegians, Swedes and others (including diaspora populations, such as European Americans)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsHZmxyNejA
a.uguu.se/kMd2kNaWqAo5.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=sI78Bqp6z6g
youtube.com/watch?v=u-dkZO1S1qc
youtube.com/watch?v=FNZVSbQcpCI
youtube.com/watch?v=OeC1yAaWG34
fotomarathon.at/Wien
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>americans
>germanic

Uralics not allowed

>Americans
>Germanic

We're Germanic

>Americans
>Germanic

>Germanic unity
>Non-Alemannics
>Human

If we're speaking truth here, finns are more "germanic" than murrilards will ever be.

Moin, wu gaiht ji dat?

*wie gaiht jo dat.
Ik heff mi verschrieven.

Was isn das für Spastholländisch?

>Spastholländisch
>he kan keen plattdüütsch verstahn
youtube.com/watch?v=AsHZmxyNejA
Du Dösbattel.

Oh come on guys

How so?

The language isn't even Indo-European

Would you guys say Anglos are mostly Germanic, Romance, Celtic or nonhuman?

Also doch Spastholländisch. Gott sei Dank, bin i koi Halbdaggl und kan richtig schwätze

>English
>genetics are mostly Celtic
>language is halfly Romance with very few Germanic words
>even plural is like it is in French
>still Germanic

omg. is it how European logic works?

Anglo-saxon:
Angles - from Schleswig-Holstein
Saxons - from Saxony

Seems pretty germanic

English people are not germanic.

>USA flag makes the thread
>Blacks are germanic now

The base of the language is entirely Germanic and developed from the same language as modern German. The lexicon was muddied with French mostly during Norman rule. That was long enough ago, though, that nobody thinks they're loan words. We've also gotten rid of all those pesky cases and genders and conjugations (mostly).

Actually, when you care about the core vocabulary, it was barely touched by Old Norman. AFAIK only Danish managed to mess with it.

And I find funny that English got rid of all cases but Genitive... and German is getting rid of Genitive but keeping the others.

reporting in

>Americans
>Germanic

Nigger, you don't even speak a Germanic language.

Say that in your romance language frog

>That was long enough ago, though, that nobody thinks they're loan words.
Which actually means they are Germanic no more. And the fact that their genetics are mostly Celtic really makes you think too.

It's just like American niggers who speak English language, but it doesn't make them English.

Hallo, Isländer.

as a semitic i find it my duty to once again ruin everything

Halló, Þjóðverji.

hej

>language is halfly Romance with very few Germanic words
It's 25% Germanic according to the pic however note that the Germanic words are the most used ones in English.

a.uguu.se/kMd2kNaWqAo5.ogg
Rate my Old Norse please.

So is this like /cuck-general/ or something?

>all this hate for fellow white people
this is exactly why the muslims are taking over

solid performance, the few mistakes you make are when you put a bit too much emphasis on the f's in some words (stafni, hafna), plus "og" is usually pronounced ogh

you're not invited, mongolian faggot

it's "ok" though.
I'm reciting Old Norse, not Icelandic, to be honest.
Þat mælti mín móðir,
at mér skyldi kaupa
fley ok fagrar árar,
fara á brott með víkingum,
standa upp í stafni,
stýra dýrum knerri,
halda svá til hafnar
höggva mann ok annan.

This I did recite.

sorry but murrilards aren't white

Dutch winners of the songfestival reporting in.

youtube.com/watch?v=sI78Bqp6z6g

>I'm reciting Old Norse, not Icelandic, to be honest.
my bad, i saw that you said you wanted my opinion of your Old Norse but it sounded so remarkably similar to Icelandic that I thought you were joking calling Icelandic Old Norse

in that case, i wouldn't be all too surprised if "ok" is pronounced exactly as you pronounced it; most of the famous nordic/icelandic poems i learned during my college courses had really weird pronunciation

>Americoons
>Germanic
Get out of our thread, šlampa.

this tb h
alemannics are the only good germanics

Well, in Low German "auch" is "ook" or "ok". I pronounced the Old Norse version like it.
For reference, the root word is "auk", if I remember correctly. Old Norse fascinates me, and I tried recording me reciting the Völuspá but I struggled with the second and third stanza, so I won't post links here. I suck at it, to be honest.
I like your Umlauts though "au" and "á" are interesting.

Dat is ook in het Nederlands zo.

I know, Nederlands is similar to plattdüütsch or "Nedersassisch" as you call it.

Uralics mentioned

>Well, in Low German "auch" is "ook" or "ok". I pronounced the Old Norse version like it.
should make sense in that case
>Old Norse fascinates me, and I tried recording me reciting the Völuspá
oof, Völuspá is maybe a bit heavy to start off with, but then again i can't really think of anything that's good to start off with, since almost all of these sorts of books are really difficult to chow through, even for a native Icelander

nice to see someone taking an interest in our convoluted prose, though

It's not prose though, it's poetry.
Well, I can't learn Icelandic as I don't have the time, but I have long since gone full circle and have become a Norseboo.
You know how much of a Norseboo the Nips are?
They use nordic names for everything in their chinese cartoons. I have become such a weeaboo, that I am now a Norseboo, just like them.

hello my fellow Germanic brethren

Norwegian Old Norse speakers pronounced "og" as "ok". They also said "Ek" to "Eg"

youtube.com/watch?v=u-dkZO1S1qc

6'3 215 lb Germanic god reporting in

Well "Ek" is of course the right choice, considering "Ik" in Dutch and Low German".
What I find interesting is, that both "Ek" and "Ik" became something similar, "Ek" became "ég" and "Ik" became "Ich".

If the Icelandic lad is still here, listen to the first person in this clip
He speaks in a dialect which is probably dialect to Old Norse.
Since Icelandic is the closest language today to old Norse, can you understand what he's saying when he's speaking in his dialect and not standard English?
youtube.com/watch?v=FNZVSbQcpCI

>It's not prose though, it's poetry.
getting my definitions mixed up, my bad
>You know how much of a Norseboo the Nips are?
oh yes, i have in fact noticed how obsessed they are with nordic mythology and all the associated terminology
one thing that bugs me to no end is that they keep calling a singular mech in their shows "Einherjar", which makes no sense because Einherjar is the plural form of Einherji.
i don't see why they can't be subtle about their references to nordic mythology like Starcraft or something
i can understand a fair bit, but like in the clip posted, Old Norse seems to alternate between speaking a carbon-copy of Icelandic and speaking words which i'm unable to discern the meaning of

>Invited: Afrikaners, Austrians, Danes, Dutch, English, Flemish, Frisians, Germans, Icelanders, Lowland Scots, Norwegians, Swedes

Look at list of sad faggots. If Romans were still around, the emperor would hire Slavs for bodyguards instead of those cucks.

Well, I kind of get your feeling on that one, whenever they try to speak German in Anime my hair starts to stand on end.

scots are all celts

According to wikipedia, the Norse dialect that old Yorkshire dialect comes from is Old East Norse, and apparently Icelandic is Old West Norse

Still super interesting that you were able to understand some of it though

>and speaking words which i'm unable to discern the meaning of

I think it's because in Icelandic, the letter "ǫ" changed into "ö" and "á" in different words, depending on context and situation.

So the words that he says in that video that are pronounced with a deep O sound, probably are words that are either very rarely used in modern Iceland, or perhaps the word has the sound "ö" today for example.

Lowland Scots aren't

Also, I forgot to mention that Icelandic has epenthesis, which Old Norse doesn't.

Compare Old West Norse "aptr" with Icelandic "aftur".

In case anyone didn't know
Frisian is the closest language to Old English, so there is some mutual intelligibility
youtube.com/watch?v=OeC1yAaWG34

Yes they are the Saxons were just the south east and they got BTFO when took Midlothian from the northumbrians

Yes they are the Saxons were just the south east and they got BTFO when we took Midlothian from the northumbrians

Crimea/Krim er/is/är/ist Norse/Noorse!

I'm sorry but you forgot about Poles (aka Wends aka Vandals) who are Eastern Germanics.

>Americans
>Germanic

In what way are Poles Germanic if they don't speak a Germanic language?

>Frisian is the closest language to Old English
Who gives a shit. Old English in incomprehensible and Frisian women look like dumpy ogres.

never seen that happen before; do share, if you would
mostly just a few words that were reminiscent of Icelandic, like how he calls to teem: to empty, when emptying something in Icelandic is called to tæma, not to mention that he calls the cow "kú", among other things
>So the words that he says in that video that are pronounced with a deep O sound, probably are words that are either very rarely used in modern Iceland
seems like it, since to the best of my knowledge a few Icelandic words underwent a phonetic change in the form of O being replaced by Y or something else
the only thing i can reinforce this with is my vague recollection of linguistics classes and because one of the words mentioned in the video (ovver) is "yfir" in the modern icelandic language

Blood, culture and ethics

>I'm reciting Old Norse, not Icelandic, to be honest.
no you're not
that was modern Icelandic with an old sounding accent with an unmistakely modern version of most of the vowels which were slightly different in ON

for example á, stýra, dýrum and höggva are all mispronounced due to them being too modern

There is a German girl in Highschool fleet, she and her captain talk in German in some of the episodes.
Don't have a link on me though.
And of course there is Tetsuya Kakihara, a Seiyuu born in Düsseldorf, who speaks German, Japanese and English fluently. He spoke a few (correct) lines in Nanoha, but I have never seen this.
Well, I was reciting Old Norse in a modern kind of way then.

>Well, I was reciting Old Norse in a modern kind of way then.
trust me when I say this pronunciation be probably close to incomprehensible to Leifr Eiríksson and Snorri Sturluson while it's hard to distinguish from modern Icelandic

Japan is obsessed with Britain, not Nordic countries. You only see Nordic mythology because it's cheap reference material for games and TV shows.

Fuck off fat burgeroid manlet
195 true master race here

this is pretty easy to understand but like so many others they make mistakes in the vowels that are more reminiscent of modern Icelandic than Old Norse but not everywhere
doesn't seem very consistent but this is probably a good representation of the language overall

Well he is a professor of Old Norse at the University of Oslo, so I think he has done enough research, but even I can hear the modern Norwegian accent in there, so yeah there's probably a lot of mistakes.

>Blood
Pure slavic
>culture
Catholics with "sarmatism"-bullshit consider their culture to be "germanic"?
>and ethics
Wuuuuut?

hehe, looking back on the video the mistake was mine
the yðar in the beginning sounded a bit too icelandic for my taste but the vowel is clearly different

the second guy (the dad) has a lot less of a Norwegian accent though

Are any of you guys /nordfront/ in here?
Is it a meme group?

please consider suicide
they are traitors who want to put Iceland back into Scandinavian hands and should be executed for treason the lot of them

>but the vowel is clearly different

Yeah the vowel is actually how modern Norwegians pronounce it. Y and I are pretty different in Norwegian, though it probably doesn't sound different at all to someone outside of Norway.

That's what I'm thinking, bróðir. Also look at that pic, the front page of nordfront Iceland. It literally represents Haraldur Hárfagri, the tyrant king that is the reason people settles this nation.

Sjálfstæði eða ekkert.

Haraldr is leagues better than Ólafur Tryggvason or Hákon Gamli, the latter of which doomed the Icelandic nation to centuries of Scandinavian rule

Britain and Japan are practically the same country.

hello meme country

Achmed pls I'm more germanic than you or your kids ever will be no matter how white your rape victim is going to be.

>they are traitors who want to put Iceland back into Scandinavian hands

Remember to vote Fylkisflokkurin!

Being irrelevant is great. You should try it.

Do you get hard from reading the old sagas? Jeez.

No, but I sometimes ejaculate.

Look at me I am the G*rmanic now

>our

Wait just a minute now

ït wasn't written or preserved in Norway, nor can modern Norwegians read any of it

Anglos are a separate group now, they're no longer Germanic. It's like Slavs and Balts.

>Fraternal grandparents are children of German immigrants
>Maternal grandparents are Norwegian immigrants
>Mother speaks Norwegian [spoiler](Although I never bothered to learn the useless language myself)[/spoiler]
Am I /germanic/ now?

fotomarathon.at/Wien

Only in your fantasies, Cai-Göran. Finns only have 1.5% Germanic Y-DNA. Most I1 is pre-Germanic and of Mesolithic origin.

>I never bothered to learn the language
Nope, not Germanic.