How the fuck to stay motivated when learning a new language

How do I stay motivated when learning Spanish?

I'm under time pressure which is why I can't really allow myself to slack off - needless to say that that isn't going to well.

Any tips?

>how to stay motivated while learning anything
eyes on the goal, if you ever had goals that is

Simply drown your problems in alcohol. Works like a charm every time.

>studying while drunk
never tried this but a colleague of mine had. works wonders

get a native gf

I don't drink sadly, but I do appreciate the input.

The best way to stay motivated is applying the things you`ve learned in concrete situations, try reading news, posts or listen to vids and songs in spanish and translate them.
When we do wee realise that our efforts aregoing somewhere and having the sense of progress, even though it may be slow paced, is the best way to keep going imo

>studying while drunk
You're not drinking enough. rink until you don't care about studying. Problem solved.

>Spanish
Why? Isn't Arabic the future of Germany?

In any case, a sense of accomplishment and a goal (e.g. I want a latina qt) is the best way to get motivated. Read a newspaper, feel proud when you can understand everything or almost.

Have a quote
>If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.

Have you tried Duolingo? It's like a video game and keeps me motivated. It's free too.

iktf
I left my course because I didn't find a reason to keep learning it and because I feel awkward in groups

Yeah I'm doing duolingo (alongside taking an intensive Spanish Course at University rn).

Oh I actually quite enjoy the course.
Because of my prior knowledge (as little as that may be) the teacher and other students see me as some genius which is why they always ask me when they have questions.

Also qts in the fucking class that I want to ask out eventually

>Oh I actually quite enjoy the course.
I did it too, I actually was very good and I found it pretty easy, but my social retardation won this time I guess

Depends on your goals. If you want to become literate quick:
Pick the spanish versions of your favourite books and slowly go through them.
And cram flashcards when reading is not an option
If you want to become a fluent speaker, there's no quick fix, you won't speak new language well until your brain 'settles' into it. Practice a lot.

The thing is that I need to reach B1 by the end of November.

I find learning a language under pressure to be rather disadvantageous, unfortunately. Once you've got the basic grammar down it's no longer a straightforward process - unless you're studying for a vocab test, which I am tempted to say doesn't even count.
So for motivation I'd say it's important to get a feel for the language as early as possible. Gaining access to the associated culture will then ideally result in a feedback loop.
So try varying forms of media and don't be afraid of something above your level. And add to your studies things that don't feel like it but help regardless - be it watching a subtitled movie in Spanish or shitposting in /luso/.

I need to learn German but I keep losing motivation. I have no one to speak to and learning lists gets boring after a while.

Mehmet my son?

Schedule things.

Write down what you're going to do, when you're going to do it and how long you're going to do it, and stick with your plans. If you lack willpower, not planning things often leads to "I'll just do it tomorrow"-mentality, and you'll never get anything done.

No, I'm South African. Meemaw and Gramps are from Germany.

Kannst du keinen Kurs machen? Da hättest du Leute zum Reden.
Sprichst du Afrikaans? Wenn ja sollte dir Deutsch eigentlich nicht allzu schwer fallen.
blink twice if u can read this