Why do Germans love compound words so much?

Why do Germans love compound words so much?

Maybe they prefer originality to stealing everything from latin

>In finnish, there is theoretically no limit to the length of compound words

Nigga they ain't got nothing on us over compound words, we could in theory write a book just using a single compound word.

My cat loves to do that too. Seems to be a cat thing.

Why wouldn't you like compund words, user? There are lots of them in English too.

It's nice for writing literature and poetry, just like with Japanese.

I don't hate them, just curious as to why Germans have a compound word for everything you could think of.

It saves time on communication and all communication between humans is always towards saving time.

It's just how the language works. There are different ways of coing the words and phrases. German likes to borrow from other languages a lot too.

Because German doesn't have many basic words when compared to languages like Arabic.

The Dutch word for cheap is:

goodbuy

Implying Anglophones don't borrow words from everyone and then completely make others up.

> German likes to borrow from other languages a lot too.
But not as much as English or Russian.

Hit me with one, family

Not OP but my German Professor in college was from Berlin and said pretty much this except with English instead of Arabic.

>my cat wasn't the only cat that did this

Makes sense because English borrowed a lot of words from local Celtic languages and later French. I just know that Arabic has a lot of different basic words for everything.

Because that's how our language works. You have them too, but you are inconsistent as fuck

Hospital?

Don't you mean the sickhouse?

It's actually easier and makes more sense than learning new unique words for everything. Also, many languages have this.

Latin based languages have tons of compound words but latin is so old noboy can notice them easily. Also most of greek borrowed words.

Eläköitymisenestämisvarastotarkastusaliupseerioppilas

As far as I know English is the only germanic language that doesn't have compound words as a general rule.

You know what, let's take this sentence and make it more germanic
>As far as I know English is the only germanlanguage that doesn't have compoundwords as a generalrule.

Probably because it's the most natural and intuitive way to construct new words. (e. g. airplane)

In Dutch that wouldn't work. I mean, all those three compound words would be wrong.

>kumarreksituteskenteleentuvaisehkollaismaisekkuudellisenneskenteluttelemattomammuuksissansakaankopahan

Although in general words this length become unintelligible.