Is Alsace-Lorraine righftful German clay?

Is Alsace-Lorraine righftful German clay?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lorraine#House_of_Habsburg-Lorraine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It is rightfully French

Hmmmmmm

>Upper german
>Central german
>transition to central german

what is the difference?

Germany is rightful French clay

It's goes without saying but your Franceaboo trash
I think Alsac Lorrane should be independent because because their too french to be German & to Germanic to be french

>not being a franceboo

Give Texas and Aztlan back to Mexico.

desu

>No Germany present in map
Noic-
>France is bigger
Delet This

Don't forget he's kiwi & he liks's France too much so it makes him Franceaboo trash, however if you say the same thing. I won't give a fuck

Elsass-Lothringen you fucking leaf. Kill yourself.

Finland belongs to Russia.

kahvinkeitin

a lot, surprised how much german seems to vary from standarte germant

No, they belong to their own culture distinct from Germans and Frogs

Is it distinct at all? Both sides of my dad's family came from there in the late 1800s. Not like it makes any difference. The family certainly wasn't distinct. They just drank a lot, got into fights, and had depression.

I've talked to a few of them here, and they said they wanted to be different from Germans though

yes it is
Reichsland Elsaß-Lothringen

no it's not

Lorraine doesn't sound German at all

Silence, "H" "R" "E"

France "open borders" wrecked
>captcha is hell

It's french

>hell

True that

The Region is called "Lorraine" in French, in German it's called "Lothringen".

Give our rightful Clays back!

First post best post. Good lad

I think we should give Alsace-Lorraine to Luxembourg, to prevent escalation.

>The Region is called "Lorraine" in French, in German it's called "Lothringen".

why you lads like making names of gentitive form

in the past it was "lutringa"

It should have been split along the language border.
Everybody who disagrees is an imperialistic bastard.

>France and Germany are culturally monolithic without any regional differences at all

That's what you get from being cucked by the French for so long plus post WWII guilt.

And Luxemburg should be German as well. And Austria and South Tyrol.

>The Germans ruined TWO(2) empires over a small sliver of French territory.

Who cares about it tbqh, it just depends on which side you want to stand on
Stettin however should be German based on absolutely everything

>welche

la boiléré du coafféee :DD
france and hermany your coffee sucks ass disgusting poland had better taste

>Stettin however should be German based on absolutely everything
Based on German history, not even Berlin should be German tbqhfamalam. Though Merkel seems to be working on that as we speak.

Habsburgs are from house of Lorraine no?

Following this logic even Warsaw should be German, since there were Germanic tribes in that region long before Slavs came

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lorraine#House_of_Habsburg-Lorraine

>Because Germans destroy everything they touch, Warsaw should be Polish
Does not follow
>"Germanic" tribes
>Implying Germanic isn't a passe-partout term the Romans used for anyone across the Rhine
We have no counterevidence that all the Germanics weren't a homogenous cultural group because, much like niggers, they barely left any archeological evidence behind and wrote nothing down. We only have (biased) Roman accounts to go by.

Those who settled in what is nowadays Eastern Germany and Western Poland weren't Poles either. They were just random East Slavic tribes. Poland doesn't have much more consistent right to the region than Germany

>East Slavic tribes
nope

I meant West Slavic, my bad

Vandals weren't germans.

Alsace is German, Lorraine is French

Not that difficult famalam

"germany" is an artificial construct anyway

>Godigisel
>Gunderic
>Genseric
>Huneric
ah yes very slavic names

They weren't german you stupid fuck.

Germans exist since 1871

>surnames ending in ic
>not slav

Germans didn't exist until 1871, literally it is a made up ethnicity because Germany was divided for so long.

>Germans exist since 1871
Is this a serious argument? Are you saying no ethnic Germans existed before 1871 and suddenly millions of peoples changed from their respective ethnic group overnight?

If that happened after WW1 I can imagine a scenario where the soviets invade Europe and "liberate" them, and the many people that were part of the nazi party would be part of a resistance and sabotage the allied war effort against the soviets from inside.

I don't understand why people in Europe get all butthurt about clay.
We are all in the EU, we can easily work and live anyway we want. What does it matter to which adnimistrative sector Alsace-Lorraine belongs?

>this is what modern day """"""""""""""""""""""germans""""""""""""""""""""""" think
Germans are responsible for the most failures of any germanic people. Germanics could have been the dominant people but no G*rmany just had to ruin it all.

letting g*ermany exist post-ww2 was a mistake

sorry, we fucked it up
but we will make up for it.
European Empire will be a dominant power once again

Don't you care that they lost their language though?

I think rather than lose their language, most people will be bilingual in the future.
Here in Germany, most educated people speak very good English.
Scandiavian have an even better English, but they still keep their language, and I think thats the future.

Except that most people in Alsace don't speak their German dialect anymore, or do they?

because it was activly supressed by the French after WW2.
I dont such a thing would happen nowadays

No because Germany is an artificial nation and country.

Since the 13th cenrury Alsace always spoke more french than german desu.
In France Alsacien (Germanic dialect) is now the most spoken regional language, and it is growing in number of speakers. Also nearly everybody has German as a second or third language there. Same for the northern part of Lorainne.
Culturally I'd agree that Alsace is very close to Germany, lot of recycling for example and food is nearly identical.
But eh, Texas is extremely close culturally to mexico and it used to belong to us, but it would be ridiculous to claim it's rightful beaner clay.

Yes, just like Yugoslavs, and americans too.

Lot of anglo speaking like experts, whereas they never put a foot out of they shitty land.
Alsace-Lorraine is french and will remain. Anyway, nobody speaks alsacien or lorrain anymore over there

It's permanently lost, the USA, GB and Russia made sure that France can the region they annexed.
To be honest, a people that repeatedly votes for Merkel does not deserve better anyways.

I strongly agree with that. Europe's future resides in multilinguism.
Strong focus on foreign languages in school so everybody speak English German and French would seem one of the best solution to build a cross border identity while preserving local specificities and culture.

its ELSASS LOTHRINGEN

>Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia, the Netherlands, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Belgium, and Poland are written in their respective languages
>Austria is not Österreich
Explain this shit

That's actually not right.
Alsaciena has declined for several years after wwII but it has known a bump of popularity lately. It is more spoken than Breton for example.
Lorrain is a shitty romance dialect, it has nearly disappeared and that's for the best.

I'm from Lorraine. I live in Metz, in Moselle. We speak the german dialect here too. (Moselfränkisch, lothrénger deitsch) Especially the senior.
We learn german before english at school, & we kept the Concordat, like Alsace.

>But eh, Texas is extremely close culturally to mexico and it used to belong to us, but it would be ridiculous to claim it's rightful beaner clay.
Because there's a big difference between Texas and Alsace. There wasn't a huge influx of Frenchmen into Alsace.

Nationality is not the same as ethnicity.

>Especially the senior.
This is problematic.

>This is problematic.
Yes, i agree. Its sad.

i take a wild guess and say that you are a bit younger than 60 years, arent you?
Of couse, nowadays, the relations between France and Germany are far better then in the post-war peroid, so german minorities in france arent supressed anymore

> more spoken than breton

Yeah right, not difficult since no one speaks breton any more too. Only the old ones speak these dialects, but these dialects will soon be extinct with their locutors. The number of young people actually speaking these dialiects is very low.
We have another "maps" expert here.

>There wasn't a huge influx of Frenchmen into Alsace.
If you keep the Texas metaphor it would be German coming to Alsace, and they sure did from 1871 to 1914.
But of course there will never be a perfect parallel.

Also it's pretty stupid to talk about rightful clay and border disputes when these countries are so close and there is no border between them.other than administrative. Especially knowing they are seriously considering a strong political union of the federal type and already share a lot.of soveteignity and the same currency.

While, apparently, you are a "dialect" expert.

What? Alsacians are Germanics just like Texans were Hispanic mestizos.

You don't know your country that well.
There is a strong interest for regional.language in several regions, lots of young people are learning them in some strongly identitary regions.
In Alsace it started around a dozen years ago and in Bretagne things have been like that for a few years. Educated elite and liberal parents put their kids into Breton schools so they grow bilingual, there are more of them opening in Rennes every year. Heard talk about one of them in Nantes too.

Basque, Breton ans Alsacien are seeing growing number of speakers or at least a reverse trend from the 80-90's where only old people spoke it and slowly died.

Aahaha indeed

dumb shit

Stunning counter argument filled with logic and fact.

And then you complain when people say French are arrogant and ignorant.

kek