WHY IS EVERYTHING DIFFERENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY IS EVERYTHING DIFFERENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

does not feel any different.

Change is scary it'll be ok

I did not ask for the needful

FT DeepDark doesnt work anymore. worst update ever

way better designed

Smaller window borders, faster search bar autocomplete (it was slow as fuck). What is the matter with you?

This

you can change the color using userCrome and userContent css.

If I close my current session of Firefox will It be upgraded to the next version next time I launch it?

because it is a new version
?

How can using an alternative search engine on selected text?

That was the best feature of Firefox and now it's......gone?

Are you too fucking retarded to disable updates?

Now, now. Where would be the fun in that?

>waterfox

It's still not that fast. nuOpera is faster

anyone have a tree tabs replacement?

Dark theme does the job fine faggot. Also ft deep dark slowed my Firefox down for some reason

- Vimperator doesn't work anymore due to webextensions change
- Midlle click to paste url & launch its loading doesn't work anymore
- UI is okay but not my taste. Gonna have to rice again.. pffrrrrrrr
+ Things got faster
I miss the 2 first points too hard to stay on 57

They changed the new tap page
i had all my fav sites laid out on that page so i could quickly access them, when they fucked up opera that was the main reason i went with firefox, and now they fucked it up

looks ugly but it runs better on my laptop. desktops wont see a difference though in performance IMO.

>carefully crafted firefox config completely destroyed
>90% of the addons I use are out of development and have nothing similar in the store
>no noscript
Downgraded back to the previous version and disabled auto update. I'm a Luddite now.

just get the updated version. You'll have to write your own css to remove the original one.

This is why you never try to customize shit. Unless you are in full control.

>using noscript
shady extension that disabled adblock for financial gain in the past, use umatrix instead.

>update to check it out
>update a few addons
>57 takes up over 700,000Kb of memory at startup
>try to switch back to 55
>no place to download 55 addons
Fuck this

completely wrong.
My ryzen build runs firefox much better now.
It used to take several seconds to load large sessions of 200+ tabs, now it's almost instant.
They outright said Quantum is supposed to take advantage of modern hardware and it shows, it's much more scalable to what you have.

>old firefox
>addons can download to any folder
>new firefox
>can only download to the downloads folder
good job pajeet!

>all userscripts deleted
wtf mozilla

you can literally find old addons on the store still and if they were updated to 57 you click "other downloads" on their page and scroll down to the one that was made for your version of Firefox.

>noscript
>instead of umatrix
???

I FUCKIN HAD IT SET NOT DO IT AND NOW IT JUST UPDATED

This. I pity you fools who autistically arrange your icons and shit.

>host my own new tab page
>completely unchanged

>my car doesn't run like it used to, its shit now!
>well user, you could just take the engine apart and rebuild it how you like! its easy!

You are a mongoloid.

>have dark theme installed
>everything is grey
EXPLAIN

hand it over

well shit, back I go then

>Dark theme does the job fine faggot.
No it doesn't, you fucking retarded inbred raj.

Here's my review. Please make sure you like, comment, and subscribe to my channel.

Also, since 4chanx broke, this is my first time using native Sup Forums since like 2010. It's quite an experience. "Reply Posted!" heh.

yes dont do it , download waterfox while you can as backup reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

not bad.... I like it

>forgot image
>message is actually "Post Submitted!"
Oh well. Time to spam F5.

I've been meaning to play around with this, couldn't you just use the old customize and move some shit around?

Yes, pocket can be removed, the spaces can be removed, his other complaints are devoid of reason, this dude is a fucking retard.

>Oh well. Time to spam F5.
You need any more proof?

How do I remove this stupid coloured border?

>waterfox

Just got that. It's effing faaaaaaast and it has my addons! OHYEAH! :) :) :)

The biggest plus is they are starting to integrate their new multithreaded rendering stuff from servo into firefox so it runs less ass.

The biggest downside is now the old plugin system is dead, so it's basically chrome-type addons now. The UI changes are annoying, but I'll get used to them in a day or two.

Customize doesn't move shit around anymore. It's a hide features for certain things. You can't change the options on the right. Also, dragging Zoom or Edit options into "Drag here to keep them within reach but out of your toolbar" does not remove them from the toolbar. The pocket thing and favorite button on the address bar can be hidden, but the "Page Actions" IE options part cannot be.

There is literally 0 reason for Downloads to be nestled in menus, while "Click here to Ctrl+C and Ctrl+F" buttons aren't.

>the spaces can be removed
Neat, thanks.

>Just got that. It's effing faaaaaaast and it has my addons! OHYEAH! :) :) :)
Go back to reddt please.

>There is literally 0 reason for Downloads to be nestled in menus
It isn't when things are actually downloading. It only disappears when you clear the list

I don't post on reddit. I do post on some fetish forums, doe! ha

It's really fucking suspicious that there's already new extensions out that replace every single extension that currently doesn't work with the new firefox. Things are getting too scammy for my liking.

I like it better especially bc i know less white males had a part in making the current version

>e-hentai image grabber script is broken
might go back just for that

Sad. Sad bad sad.

The most annoying part is the 'new tab' screen.
Even after taking all of the new and faggoty improvements away my pinned sites menu is small as fuck, very inconvenient.
I don't even care that they messed with the tabs at the top of the screen because I normally have too many open to read or navigate well enough

Am I, dare I say it, on the wrong side of history?

I never asked for this

I care. The tabs used to have a minimum size so that even with thirty open you could still tell which was which and you would just scroll through them. Now it's chrome bullshit where each is shrunk to ant size and it is impossible to tell which is which.

>my wiper fluid is empty, time to get a new car!
>well user, you could just learn to open up the hood of your car and fix it. Its actually very easy.
innacurate car analogies are always the best way to make a cogent point.

this is my biggest beef tbqh

Its almost as if the move to the new addons framework was announced years ago and it uses some kind of industry standard to develop the extensions, it really makes you think.

hey, op, it's always good to switch to opera.

>i used to just press a button for the wiper fluid to magically replace itself
>oh but you could just replace it yourself by doing something you have no idea how to do! its literally the same thing!

Stop moving the goalposts.

And as i said before, YOU.ARE.A.MONGOLOID.

>choosing a less supported chrome fork aka Chropera instead of Chromefox.

You have to understand that as a person on a technology board you should most definatley understand basic css and have the capability to use google. If you dont wanna use firefox thats fine, but stop being a whiny bitch when given 5 mins and a text editor you should be able to style the browser however you’d like. Regardless only mongoloids care that much about muh dark theme.

>fucks up Sup Forums X
>update doesn't fix it

FUCK YOU MOZILLA

You are going to get tired of moving those goalposts.

The beta seems to be working.

>>fucks up Sup Forums X

14.7 was a fucking mess, 14.8 is slightly better but still janky as fuck.
inb4 works on my machine

works on my machine

tell me how to move my bookmark toolbar to where tabs are in chrome and i'll switch from firefox

the issue seems to be greasemonkey, not the extension

>Always resisted upgrading from noscript to umatrix because I thought I was 2dumb for it
>kept getting some kind of nasty memory leak or something that made firefox laggy as shit after 30 minutes or so of browsing

>Update kills noscript, forced to switch to umatrix. It's actually way easier to use than I thought it was and much better.
>Don't have the lag problem anymore

Thanks Mozilla!

Yeah switch to violentmonkey. Fixed 4chanx right up for me.

Holy fuck Sup Forums is retarded.

Memory is there to be used you stupid cunt. If it’s not being used it’s being wasted.

If programs don't use memory the OS can use it for caching. Just because programs are holding memory doesn't mean they are utilizing it.

Dumb fuck.

This update literally made me switch to waterfox

Fucking hell

This?

Enjoy your unsecure software being run by a kid.

>shady extension
>use umatrix instead
Keksimus Maximus

Enjoy your down syndrome.

Your feelings are not important when we are discussing facts.

@63408967
*yawn*

Anyone else get this shit forced upon them?

der fuk

umatrix has clickjacking protection now? no? then fuck off, shill

If the extent of your user capabilites is clicking buttons, then for you I’d say its more like a childrens soccer net then real goal posts, so have fun trying to find a browser that perfectly fits your special needs life style instead of just adapting to incredibly simple inconveiniences. On the other hand ill just keep on happily styling firefox via css like a normal human should be plenty capable of.

does anybody know how to get rid of the close "X" button on a tab when you only have a single tab open in firefox? i had an addon which allowed me to do so but now its gone.

>downloading updates for anything ever
mem dal

What do my feelings have to do with the fact that you have down syndrome?

got a tutorial?

Are you fucking stupid? Don’t answer that we know already

are you fucking stupid you dumb dumb fucking moron idiot stupid head cock sucker! fuck face peice of fuc ing mongoloiud fuck fuck face fucker holy fuck you're a fucking mental patient

>Don’t answer that we know already
Then your previous post makes no sense. The memory IS being used, just not by firefox.

Is it Aussie hours already?

go to about:config, change middle mouse paste url to true

It crashed again this fucking fireshit,

muh revolution! it's fucking trash as always

not working for me. pls help