How long before all these RGB builds become dated looking and tacky like the PCs of old?

How long before all these RGB builds become dated looking and tacky like the PCs of old?

Other urls found in this thread:

mooni.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=pT8fYn6LgOM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dated looking and tacky
The PCs of old were dated looking and tacky when they were made.

I'd rather have OP's than some rgb glass thing.

It's just for showoffs. I hide all of the nonsense I can't turn off by using a case without a side panel window.

>ye olde PC from olden times
>2010

I don't think of a 2010 PC as vintage, but it technically is, and PC cases have become really sleek in recent years, so to see something like gaudy ass RGB shit being built onto every fucking component is kinda ass backwards.

>mfw i actually like the RGB meme
Why make a thread to shitpost on how much you here RGB? you should find better ways to spend your time user

>Inb4 i should find better taste

opinions bb, i like mine and you like yours, I'm not saying yours is wrong, i just wanna know where the seething hate you guys have comes from, if you don't like it don't buy it

Especially because they all come with their own piece of retarded software that doesn't have a Linux version or a handy api. They should just all have a 4 pin header that you could plug anything in.

>PC cases have become really sleek in recent years

Pic related is from 2007 and is more "sleek" than anything on the market today. If anything, PC cases have gotten MORE gaudy and tacky in the past ten years, not less. You underage queers have no idea what you're talking about.

hipsters hipster everywhere

Mines from around the same time period, and RV02. The "gamer" version of the FT02.
Rotated motherboard
Tons of space for expansion
Fucking three 180mm fans

RGB is nothing compared to the cringy hardware names these days.
>GAYMING
>KILLER
>DOMINATOR
>CONQUEROR
>PREDATOR

Fucking this, I put my guts in a nice 300R case to not be a complete fag, but i bought an MSI 990FXA GAYMING board, thing performs well but is kinda cheesy with the played out red and black, I love the UEFI bios on that bitch, though.

I like that case though

The hate comes from the fact that we're forced to pay +20% for a childish looking piece of shit that requires more software than anyone should ever have to use. RGB fags need to grow the fuck up

My dad bought a new car this year and even Mercedes-Benz put RGB meme leds on it (but they call it "Ambient lighting" and costs a shit ton)

That is so lame but I bet the bitches love it when they get in, just doesn't work that way with PCs.

there are still good models around, try the corsair 400q blew my mind

>rbg builds
>not dated and tacky

everytime you put a led where it doesnt belong and angel loses its wings

>That is so lame but I bet the bitches love it when they get in, just doesn't work that way with PCs.

Fucking middle aged Chads and they RGB luxury sedans.

They already are

Those cases literally look like the insides of a 70s discotheques.

>Asus Gentoo 3000
Wut

Considering that machine has a 4xxx series ati card? A couple years ago.

Why do PCs lag behind in terms of trends?

Thats pretty subdued for a gaymer board.

That's basically what all this RGB/side window nonsense is, it's funny when I saw low end shit machines with gaming cases, with less power than my crappy pc in a modest case.

Maybe it's just because i'm almost 30 now but custom pc builds from like 2005 even don't look too tacky too me. The only thing that has actually turned that way are those big colorful old Mac's, but even those had their charm back when i used them.

>RGB builds
>become tacky
bruh they're already tacky
le gayming pcs look fucking ridiculous.

imo i like tempered glass on the sidepannel of a sleek black case because it is more rigid than polycarb and even more scratch resistant

dont care much for RGB desu

Yo, but does it have a cold air intake, bro!?

Mark my words, kids will start slapping this shit on their RGB cases.

Unironically planning to buy that case.

Tempered glass is actually some good shit, way better than that plastic that plastic garbage that scratches when you wipe the dust off, and you gotta drop it way high to shatter.

>tempered glass
>a huge slab of aluminum hanging from the MB
>poo fans

This is just as bad a meme as RGB, desu

>MSI
>good bios

990fxa gaming board as well as other MSI 990fxa boards like the GD65 and GD80 have horrible bios for FX chips. You can't even overclock decently using bus on those and the RAM OC is just awful. Heck, it's so full of bugs that the cpu-nb frequency is stuck at 2200mhz no matter what multiplier you set it in. Never buy MSI if you plan going the red team. Their BIOS is just awful.

agreed
i remember modding my cheap cases when i was but a wee bab with tempered glass
made some money doing it for friends too

Jinkies! what a groovy case OP!

>You can't even overclock decently using bus on those
Idk user, mine does pretty good at 1.384V and 220 bus speed 4.4Ghz with ram running at 2052MHz at 1.5V

I still roll with 4.2GHz at 1.384 on the daily because that's what the boards built in OC Genie uses and it's prime stable.

Rainbows and RGB are pure autism. I bet you niggers watch MLP unironically, too.

>Windows on your case
You must be 18 to post.

Choose your words carefully, big guy.

>stanced cases soon

>soon
You were saying, user?

I'd rather have that case than reading some hipster faggot's posts.

>220 bus
>decent

That's the point. It can never go above those. So you're either stuck with awful cpu-nb frequencies or go all out on multiplier alone. All I've ever managed on my 990fxa-gd65 was 215 on bus with 1.32v. Above that and the cpu would be unstable. It boots but is unstable. MSI motherboards for AMD are wonky at best. I'm planning to buy a Gigabyte 990fxa board but it would be pretty pointless considering Ryzen is here. The only thing to consider for buying FX parts would be for overclocking fun. Other than that, it's pretty much a dead investment.

I got 4.6ghz at 1.445v using multiplier though so it's not totally useless. But if you want to tinker with your toy like me, multiplier OC alone isn't satisfying. This is where MSI boards are found wanting. They're just wonky and full of bugs.

my case is pretty edgy (DUDE RED AND BLACK LMAO) but it was at the right price level and it isn't completely over the top, served me well so far

If you think that's bad then you better clench your butt tight because things are far worse in China/Taiwan and it's only a matter of time before that shit comes over here.

[spoiler]You got any more user?[/spoiler]

takes up way too much desk real estate. put that obelisk on the floor.

the carpet in my room gets really dusty and there isn't much airflow under there, I've moved it around to the other side since then though

RGB already looks like shit.

I don't want to hang christmas lights in my fucking PC.

Red lights I can somewhat tolerate so long as they're not overdone, as red is the dimmest color.

Nice lighting (no really).

comfy as fuck

I got it as a christmas present last year, it even does strobe effects if you're into that

mooni.com/

they make all kinds of interesting lighting

I have the Fractal R5 windowed, but no leds, is it bad or childish?

the future of computing is gaming laptops, screencap this

considering i still see streetglow (™) on cars imma assume RGB adult legos will never get old

bruh i got that case in my closet

you think rgb is bad?
youtube.com/watch?v=pT8fYn6LgOM
think again

Old school cases rock. No bullshit frills or bells and whistles. Easy to mod for extra fans and shit. How is it young fags say these days? A E S T H E T I C AS F U C K

>tfw bought a quad core laptop in 2010
>tfw have been living the future for 7 years already
I got my DV7t Quad when they came out and haven't upgraded since. It still blazes like it did when I first got it. When I want a desktop experience I set the laptop up with a monitor and USB hub for peripherals. When I eventually replace the beast it will be another laptop workstation. Simply no need for a PC anymore.

>PRAETOR
>NAVIGATOR
>CONQUISTADOR
>TOREADOR
>HYPERX FURRY

Probably, as long as they don't make them the size of a slab of concrete or make them look like kid's toys
Until then a egpu solution is the way to go

I bought the windowless Define Mini when it came out and it's probably the last fucking case i'll ever buy.

>no lelds
>factory sound-insulated
>good cable management
>small enough to fit anywhere
>big enough to fit anything

I filled it with bequiet fans and just let them run at 80% since the computer is in the next room anyway. Full load temps are ~50° (i7 and a 970)

Am I doin it rite?

Id buy one if they named it TORQUEMADA