/BST/ Battlestation thread

The other one seems full and will die soon.

Post your /bst/ as it is now.

This really sucks... 3G is fast but has problems, it always disconnects, LTE shows only two bars and delivers 6/0.5 Mbit. I have my new router but can't use it, it won't be activated until next monday and the current SIM doesn't work in it.

Little blurry, love the crabs though! 7/10
uhh, nice laptops user.. 6ish/10

DTelekom user here and I have to say
Hehehe he fell for the LTE MEME

Yes... Do I have a choice? I paid 35 € for this shit so far. I actually got between 2.3 and 2.8 MBit Download and 1.45 Up. The new router syncs but I can't use it so far.

In the end, I will pay 35 € for the new connection with the hope for more speed. I'll probably need to invest and buy me an antenna.

Also for anyone who wondered about what is in the box.

Why does Telekom build 100 MBits VDSL in the neighboring village while they already have 16-25 MBits but my villages average is 1-2 Mbit? They are about the same size, remote and shitty.

I never noticed how empty my wall feels

>6/10
Thanks.

My command center.

if you give me your Onkz i can tell you when it will be better

This new MFG shit is going hard, right now I'm working in Sauerland and we are almost done with upgrading Lüdenscheid for the new fast Internet Connection and there are people who have already given up on ever havin a good subscribtion line. They were used to get like 0.5 Mbit/s because they live somewhat far out of town and now they can get anything up to 100 Mbit/s.
I know that most people don't trust us anymore and for good reason but let me tell you that it will get better eventually, atleast in the next 2 to 5 years.

We've got to start somewhere and where we start and where we finish is mostly up to your local gouvernment because we don't finance this whole thing alone but get supported by your local tax money. The faster your gouverment can come up with the money the faster we get to work.
Funny side note, we literally bought up the whole undergound building market in germany.
No company left whatsoever for months on end. Made everything more expensive too but like i said before, we don't pay for that shit alone so we don't really care.

Hahaha, im in Altena. Not the city itself. If you really work for them you will know. I think this is the lowest internet speed shithole in north rhine Westphalia. I live in a street off the village.

They initially promised me "up to 16 Mbits", I thought I would get around 10, then it took two months until they told me it would be only "up to 6". Im synced with a 3500 profile, but get even less. At first, I thought this will only be for the first days. My previous VDSL also had only 20 MBit in the first days, then 52/10. It was a huge downgrade.

I'm generally willing to pay up to 50 € a month for the fastest internet I get. I know this is a village but also its 2018 and they call this a "rich industrial country". But I get less connection speed than a 3rd worlder and pay inhuman prices for it.

I was pretty convinced of Vodafone, this is a rented Telekom connection, but I didn't wanted to pay 70 € for the connection. And no rent for a shitty Speedport 723. I needed my money for other things when I moved here, and I paid 75 € for Alditalk sticks because I didn't had any internet at all when I went here. I was glad when I got my 2M connection so I could at least open websites in under five minutes.

Assuming someone lives in the outskirts of "Dahle", where does the LTE tower stand? I only get 1-2 bars here with a Speedstick I, 0 bars with my Xperia Z2. I can't test the Speedport because it doesn't access my SIM.

Also, is there anything planned, even with LTE, can I order 50 MBit/s? They said I can't order before the setup date but they also said that sometimes one can't order a SpeedOption if there is too much traffic on the tower. The online map shows "up to 50 MBit/s" LTE, I get around 10 with LTE, 20 Mbit with HSPA+.

I've been searching for those crabs for a year now, where did you get them????

Ebay and a German baby shop
You can't buy them regularily, they are rare
Also I've never seen any of these outside of Germany, but they are from China
The Importer is named "Van Dillen", at least its one of them

I just bought a few servers really cheap locally, so im working on swapping my rack around.
>tfw your switch keeps forgetting VLAN settings so you have to dig up an old 10/100 switch to run your new testing subnet.

That table looks horrible, why would you trap yourself in a cage like that

nothing's changed since I took this picture

Its like a womb user. So warm and cozy. Some understand it, some dont.

>2017
>still no VR .hack// game

fuck this earth

Good thing I just finished all of my lights and decoration.

Need to make another collage.

/BST/ is probably the best type of thread here on Sup Forums.

How do you do these lights? This looks inspiring. I have black light under my desk but I never turned it on again because its just to expensive. This with LEDs would be a dream.
Sure. These threads always give new ideas how to improve comfyness.

i can't doubt

neat. lifx?

It's LIFX, yeah.

I was about to go philips hue until an user recommended them.

I got 2 bulbs and 3x led strips(total of 7m).
Really nice to switch to wifi controlled lights.

While it is pricey, it's worth it for an LED whore like me.
Was also lucky that they were on 30% sale when I found out about them too.

Photos doesn't to them justice.

Oogy boogy
CRAB/10, please send me one
Productive laptops 5/10
Comfy but I fucking hate that raised desktop table, what's the purpose? 3/10
Comfy, what's the monitor and what are you drinking? 7/10
ASMR shitstation, clean bathroom 1/10
sexy sexy a7x's /HD800, I won't ask what the helium tank is for 6/10
What's the police scanner for naughty boy getting into trouble? 5/10
Productive comfy station, nice server rack too 6/10
Nice setup, nice obese cat, 6/10
.Hack sexy sexy, do you sit that close to your TV though? 6/10
tidy room, do you have drip trays for those plants? Feels like the room echos 7/10

>helium tank
not that user, but the beretta case next to it makes me think it's probably compressed air for a sports gun

I hate this fucking tv

>
California boy

Close up of da pc

You are welcome for the LifX recommendation user

"Clean your dishes you goob"/10

Lemme think about it

What lights do you use?

Do you have Hybrid or only LTE ? 2.3 MBit should be your DSL line alone.
I had Hybrid for 2 years now, with less than a combined hour of downtime.

I was able to order 3-4 months after the site showed that it was available. The other part of my village got 100MBit/s at the beginning of 2017, so they're still working on it, I guess.

It's not helium, it's just compressed air which I use to refil my pcp air rifle

That's good to know, stay safe user
dirty dishes 5/10 corner station facing inwards
ayy lmao please don't abduct me ayylien bro, sleek yet cold aesthetic, wish it was a bit more cozy 8/10
why does it look like your desk is sagging? Clean station though 5/10
How's that wall-mounted TV going for you? About to order a cheap VESA mount and chuck mine above my desk, not sure if it will become distracting though/awkward position 7/10
Tell you dog it's a good boy

Holy shit is this you?

>why does it look like your desk is sagging
It quite clearly is not.

>Nice setup, nice obese cat, 6/10
She's not obese, just long haired.

Any monitor recommendations?

this is cool

why do you have a fan on the router?

>pietro beretta case
What's inside?

Fuckin gorgeous.

>2017
>isaac still posts

Have fun with cancer using that CRT.

>Rx tonic

fuck yeah man

DT11

My dorm is a 10 on the comfy scale

early merry christmas user

I dig the writing, also love the commodore :D
I have a sx64, keyboard isn't working though

HET

No, no holes. But I have those porous marbles at the bottom. I mainly spray them with water rather than pour in too much water.

Next upgrade is a big rug, it echoes just slightly.

Thanks, babe!

Same to you user :>

comfy

nice hemorroids user

Currently only LTE/3G, "Datenvolumen Kulanz" for the time without internet. Otherwise I would have to buy expensive Alditalk sticks which costs 15 € for 5.5 GB (Probably the best prepaid data option in Germany and still expensive).

My DSL is incredibly stable, it never fails, but its slow as fuck. Streaming doesn't work with it, images load infinitely and websites need 10-20 seconds if you freshly open them. Imagine the feel to open 2017s bloated 3 MB+ websites with a connection of 280 KB/s max.

I would prefer VDSL or cable but it will never be avaiable. And if, I would probably keep the router for improved speeds, otherwise I'll somewhen get a M or L package 50/100 LTE. LTE uploads are by far superior to any normal DSL or cable ones.

Wtf dude

Don't fall for the cable meme. I've been with Kabel Deutschland for close to two years now, and ever since they got acquired by Vodafone I've been getting my 200/12 connection throttled to 1/12 every single day between 19:00 and 23:00.

In the UK internet is fucking shit (unless you are one of lucky few who live virgin fibre area). Its slow and overpriced, unstable and the whole system/BT monopoly fucking sucks. 3g/4g is overpriced and capped but there is one provider (Three) who offer unlimited 4g on mobile (and even used to offer unlimited tethering), and I thank g-d everyday for that, I have downloaded hundreds of gigs every month and never had any complain from them.

Are you just hiding in the rafters of some guys house and piggy-backing off his power supply?

He is just a slav

That much? My friend has 450/20 (Unitymedia Fly) and doesn't notice when he misses 70 MBit sometimes. I wouldn't even care because this only costs 45 €.
In Germany it is too. The problem is, you pay for "up to 16 Mbits", most providers don't even have DSL 2000 or 6000 officially, if this is all you can get you still pay the full price (and suffer...).

Good that you found unlimited 4G, its the only solution for people like us. In Germany the ONLY real unlimited LTE contract costs 200 €/month, otherwise there is only Magenta Hybrid, which requires a DSL connection as well, but the contract itself costs the same as normal ADSL ones, with the router being more expensive. But you get LTE without datacaps, on a geofenced SIM.

In the end this should be much faster than my DSL.

>I wouldn't even care because this only costs 45 €.
I pay 46. Only alternative is a 16/8 connection from Telekom for the same price, and with speeds much closer to 10/6.

a T-42 Thinkpad running XP
an eeePC running Kali
and a Lenovo Y-Series running 8.1

not to mention my trusty CRT and my collection of films on high quality VHS

im truly living the /cyb/ dream

im living in the meme lyf my dudes

How much downstream do you get?

depends on the time of day, I usually get the full 200 mbit until ~7-8pm, then get anywhere between 0.5-7mbit until ~11pm-1am

damn you could exploit your own thinkpad ;)

send pape

Do you have a source on that Marcline pape?

That's the Yamaha HS8's right? i mean i can't tell if this is your setup but might as well ask if it's worth buying?

I love that desk alot.
Looking good man, I like how you have it set up more now than it was.
Come swing by I have a few sitting around I found at resale shops.
Mx master bro

Any high quality monitors will be worth buying
Can't go wrong really, just enjoy what you have
The HS8's sound good but just see if there's more suitable choices for your room type

Post pape pls

is that the lg 43 inch? also what vesa mount are you using?

>Cacodemon plush
DooD/10

Do you guys use IPS or TN ?

best bst ever

repost since anons were very friendly last thread

I just got this brand new computer and I'm excited for you guys to shit all over it. These "butterfly" keys are going to take some getting used to, Anons.

damn hoover your carpet