/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>>old thread
>> 63383894

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/
gen.lib.rus.ec/
reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/7di5uu/mtv_3rd_birthday/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is shit

old thread

Does being a dev for a tracker make you a target for LE?

Good job otherwise, cunt.

opentrackers.org

What plugins or whatever do you guys use to download all the small sized torrents when gaming BP systems?

What did you do faggot?

Any (recruitment) way to join Pedro or exigo? Not uploader program...

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/

>This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox.

maybe that user quit ptg he didnt post more

So write your own scraping script you fucking scrub.

How do I do that?

could it be an invite tree ban?
and do all the banned accounts
belong to one user?

Every fucking thing I download from MAM is terribly formatted, Jesus Christ. Is the tracker just shit or is there a problem with my reader?

MAM has the worst quality control, user.

>complainin about free shit
I will never understand that

mam is sort of like upload whatever you got. i think the main draw is for music materials and audiobooks if you're into those.

for just books though i don't think i've ever found anything on bib that wasn't on libgen, except i had to download a bunch of versions on libgen to see which one was good

ebook trackers are a strange idea

You're scum and should be banned

What to do then, for building a dedicated archive of books? I know of BiB but I don't think I could get in or survive on it...

Why are you even here then?

Libgen? Please elaborate.

But I am helping to secure longterm seeding. There is little to no BP gain difference between large files and small files in most BP systems unless you have a bunch of small files with a low number of seeders.

except on jps

I am not on JPS, do they just do it by torrents seeding?

yep

NICE

> can't get on BiB,
> doesn't know what libgen is
> complains about muh format?
eat shit user, you should ask yourself the same question

>What to do then, for building a dedicated archive of books? I know of BiB but I don't think I could get in or survive on it...
I don't know, user.
BIB would probably be what you want.
If you have an overdrive library, BIB is easy. Just put in some work uploading books.
Baconbits has the same quality control as BIB. BIB lets you upload books from there. I'm not personally on baconbits, though.
There are countless other sources for books.

>Libgen
gen.lib.rus.ec/

I dunno, I've personally got some garbage from MAM. I'm pretty sure I got epub to pdf to epub. Other stuff with complete file paths on every page and misaligned text. Pictures soo shit that you can't read them when you need to.

Why hasn't anyone ressurected WCD yet?
All they have to do is use the DB they gave.
What gives?

I'm asking questions so I can improve my situation and improve the quality of content that's available to me. That's the opposite of 'eating shit', i.e., like you, stomaching whatever ass-scrapings are thrown in your direction because '''it's free'''. Fuck off.

I don't have an overdrive library and my connection is terrible, sadly (though I guess it matters less for books) - but, if it's as you say and everything I'd conceivably want can be found on Libgen? Then I'll probably just use that, honestly, and work my way into BiB if the opportunity comes my way. Thanks a lot.

do you want me to search something for you user?

The DB is only metadata, the actual content is gone

>the actual content is gone
It's on people's hard drives.
If there were some place I could seed it to, I would.

No thanks

just try libgen dude!!!! unless you're looking for online course materials or whatever, but the paid ones aren't much better than the free ones offered by actual academic institutions....

>i don't think i've ever found anything on bib that wasn't on libgen, except i had to download a bunch of versions on libgen to see which one was good
you miss the point of private trackers desu. bib has quality control so you don't need to sift thru five shitty copies to find what you're looking for. and if you don't find what you want, you can make a request.
libgen is a great resource, but ebook trackers like bib still make complete sense.

>tfw to intelligent for PTP

What are you going to do when you find out PTP is a better source for Anime movies than AB or Nyaa

>anime
>movies
Nothing of value

i do find private trackers valuable, but for things that are easier to curate. eg for music you can have the flac, the lossess 20 and v0. you can have these for a bunch of the different album releases.

but for ebooks - i've found that anything rare bib will only have what's on libgen. for anything even remotely popular or something like a textbook, libgen will have the 'definitive version' without a lot of crappy releases surrounding it

maybe it's just what i'm looking for. if it's literature it's just text so it's really hard to fuck up a release. if it has diagrams or pictures it's probably a textbook or reference, and the clean pdf seems to always be available on libgen

but who knows maybe one day libgen will implode...

Both libgen and bib complete each other imo. Libgen has so much more stuff, but it sometimes lacks newer releases. Also sometimes the links are dead or there's no epub or something like that.
Easiest way to search stuff not abailable elsewhere is just to look at recent filled requests. Often those are only on BiB.

MTV is /comfy/
reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/7di5uu/mtv_3rd_birthday/

Why does this place like reddit so much?

perhaps best way to communicate with the shit called "respactable community"

?

>has to steal from a better tracker with a script to be relevant
>thanks ptg
disgusting

>shouting out /ptg/
Based

mtv also has spaghetti as a member
confirmed /ourtracker/

>has to steal from TV to stay relevant

Today is the 1year anniversary of What.cd's death.

How likely do you guys think there's some FL events on RED?

Is HDT worth joining if I have AHD/PTP?

Nah

Very

I've passed over this shit countless times. I don't like books. I do want the vault for their group buys tho

>I don't like books
Bush? That you?

>no ratio
>hit n runs
what could they possibly give but content and retention. I'm actually gonna click ur link

ebooks I mean. I hate reading off a screen

It didn't happen already, and some guy already got warned for asking.

already had the halloween event

what are the most relevant sites you can join by getting access to reds invite section

RED -> PTP
RED -> AHD -> PTP/KG/BTN/ and HDB if you're up for it

I don't think they'll do anything so close to the first birthday celebrations.

path to ttg?

> he doesn't own a kindle
life is hard my dear poorfag

RED/GGN > PTP > TTG

MTV > BTN

RED -> PTP
RED -> AHD -> BTN -> KG
RED -> BIB -> HDB

Adding to the previous ones, GGn has fairly good recruitment every now and then and has alternative ways to rank up.
AB if you like animé.

how to level up in GGN?

Shitpost and snatch retro games.

Not be retarded.

Seriously if you can't figure out how to get points on ggn you should just give up now user.

hello ESL-kun

>ESL
Are you sure you are not ESL user? Not be retarded is a perfectly valid answer. Maybe you misread them, I dunno.

HDB ON PTP ELITE
HDB ON PTP ELITE
HDB ON PTP ELITE
HDB ON PTP ELITE
HDB ON PTP ELITE

>reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/7di5uu/mtv_3rd_birthday/

MTV CABAL 2020

Fake news

PMd myr 4 days ago and haven't gotten an invite, profile says she last caught up on Nov 6. When do you anons think she will send the next wave of invites?

she made that post to mark you all

She invites one day of invites per week.
So if you sent a message 3 days after recruitment began, three weeks will myr take to invite you.

> she

That's oddly specific

I wanna get on jpopsuki

>finally made it to PTP BTN HDB
>don't feel like watching movies or tv shows anymore

I lied about the days ;)

>be on all the music trackers
>only download music to increase buffer and dont listen to any of it

>get on AoM
>still a muggle

Same, I got 4TB buffer on RED and don't download anything. I just autosnatch all day evereyday with my andybox.

STOP
JEWING
THE
SYSTEM

and this makes you happy?

Where is HDB recruiting besides ETM on red?

I don't feel anything anymore

>Where is HDB recruiting besides ETM on red?
They aren'h recruiting at RED... They are definitely not in the invite forums.

They recruit at BiB. PU+150 weeks OR Elite. So basically find a way to make elite.

Do you have a 10gbit or 1gbit from him? What filters are you using?

Not revealing any details, don't want to get marked.

Fair enough.

> paying a cuck from reddit for pirating free stuff
how low a human being can go

>tfw finally on AB
>already seen all the complex anime

recommend me some complex anime

tatami galaxy

not who asked but i've tried to watch this and just couldn't keep up with the subs. and found the story quite boring.
why everyone like it so much?