Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1318532
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-coin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing.
Muh marketing meme terms.

Quicker load times, terrible UI.

It runs a quantumsecond faster.
but none of your addons work anymore, including sadpanda.

>sadpanda
People realize that this is a totally pointless thing, right?

so is your lives

It's probably twice as fast, the difference is insane.

I am using Chrome.
Why should I switch?

Several years ago I have switched from FF to Chrome, because FF was getting slower constantly.
Chrome is super stable.

I had my Firefox set up to NOT install updates without notifying me for permission first. And when I get up I find they fucking force-updated to this shit and ruined my layout in the process.

And none of the extensions from before it work with it.

I am so pissed right now. "Don't update without permission" should mean exactly that.

Quicker load times because every extension you had is now disabled, and icons and tab fonts are smaller and thus using slightly-less capacity

FF is a botnet, then.

The speed difference is noticeable. However, I really miss my addons for key shortcuts.

At least uBlock works.

Trying out 58 dev edition right now, coming from iridium/chrome. I haven't used ff since like 5 years ago, thus I really don't care about legacy addons and looks, so your experiences may vary.
All in all it looks ok, feels fast, maybe not chrome fast but still good. Animations stutter, which may be a beta problem, dev tools are great. If you come from chrome/ium don't waste your time, otherwise a nice browser with potential.

You're not the only one. Trying to figureout if I should get another browser or just ween myself of the internet altogether.

Now try opening a 4chin thread on a new tab.

MY COMPUTER WAS OFF!

I used it last night, and turned it off while everything was what it was.

Then when I get up, it didn't do the "Firefox is installing updates" you normally get when they update on the next reboot/turning it on. It was just straight-up already done the second I brought it up.

I don't like that shit one bit.

When i tried to save pic related in quantum the fucking browser wanted me to log in to fucking save a pic!

honestly wtf! so i had to start Internet Explorer to even save the pic in this post. the rage is real...
What browser should i use and why?

I'm updating to quantum just because I want to see this trainwreck from the front seat

You actually have a choice? Well damn. You're lucky then.

but can pics be saved without logging in and puting the pic on some cloud service where it is saved for ever?

i don't want to have all pics i save connected to my google account...

pic related

>Quicker load times because every extension you had is now disabled

Not true, all my addons work.

Only adblock is still working on mine. Everything else is simply gone.

I don't understand where is the problem with this. Yes they changed some things in the UI, I was a little annoyed too at the beginning but in time you get used to it. No major changes. Only nerds get angry for stupid things like tab fonts or the size of them... And you can change the size of the tab by the way.

Seems like the changes to the mobile version is only aesthetic.

how about not being able to save picture to your computer?

>terrible UI.
understatement desu

What a piece of sjw shit browser. I feel like shit for being a fanboy the last 10 years. What should I use instead?

no its not

Some people got angry over the addoncalypse, others dislike change. Nothing that makes ff unusable, but there's no valid reason to migrate from chrome, and some more or less valid reasons to migrate to chrome, so all in all I'd say the update is a minor fuck up.

teall me how I save pics by right clicking on them while a the same time not beeing logged on on a google account

they imply a quantum leap improvement

>addons for sadpanda

rofl. Glad i'm not a brainlet

Then you need to get better addons :^)

>chrome

aaaand, now all of a sudden i can save pics without being prompted to a login screen... wtf

just downgrade, user
save yourself

Who here sticking with 56? if it becomes a security issue I might just go to waterfox.

>security issue

Buzzword they use to force you to "upgrade"
Literally nothing wrong with 56

I can do it, what are you taking about?

It's made to just fuck my shit up.

i couldn't, because i was sent to google account login screen. repetedly. but 15 minutes later i could save pics... it was wierd

>It's probably twice as fast, the difference is insane.
It's hardly any achievement if Firefow was slow af in the first place.
2 * 0 = 0

I'm just curious, what's the purpose of the sadpanda add-on? I mean, what does it even do? I've never used it myself, I just log in to normie e-hentai and type exhentai.org into the address bar and that's it. Why do some people need an add-on for that? I don't get it.

How to fix this shit?
did a clean install but still fucked up

people use addons to access panda, instead of just registering in the forum?
damn some people are 10/10 tier retarded

>Quicker load times because every extension you had is now disabled, and icons and tab fonts are smaller and thus using slightly-less capacity
Also most of processes split and moved to background, so it looks like it uses less memory, if you don't take a closer look.
I'm so fed up wit this shit. What is their end game? Making everyone to join google botnet?

Not him but I usually open sadpanda links I find on Sup Forums in a private window because chances are that it's some stupid tasteless shit that I don't want in my history.
This means that I'm not logged and I have to visit another domain to log in.
The addon adds a log in form below the sad panda.

>keeping a history

>her firefox doesn't suggest the exact site she wants to visit after just a few keystrokes in the url bar

I bookmark everything, every single page i've visited. For the historians from the future.

Chrome has no NoScript. And neither does Firefox now...

Sorry, chrome/ium or any other browser.

Why bookmark anything when you can just visit it?

They messed up FF so badly Tile Tabs can't be even made to work the way it did. Ppl who used that add-on are on suicide watch.

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1318532
Mozilla approved the required functionality but it's P5 which means that they don't care but they will add it if someone else implements it.

Like this? I don't even have a G account.

>bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1318532
It just proves they make Firefox just for themselves, and don't give a shit about end user. Now I'm gonna have to go to Sup Forums and make pajeet hate thread to vent my feels.

There are much more pressing issues to attend to than reimplementing a tiling window manager in Firefox.

It's a godsend for me, I have a very shitty laptop that suffers from opening even the smallest of programs, but Firefox Quantum opens almost instantly without the breaking slightest sweat, and browsing has never felt better

I know those chameleons.

I just realized there is an actual addon for sadpanda, tho I have no idea what it does.

I meant that none of the addons work, and sadpanda also doesn't work. As in I can't logon anymore.

I do better. I print every single page I visit.

Is there any way to use an isolated 58 version while still keeping my 56 for the addons I need for work? I want to try things with the new firefox.

And what would that be? half made "new features" no one was asking for, that are now bugs being exploited by hackers?
I remember first Firefox, it was supposed to be fast, simple and lightweight, and support add-ons, so everyone can make it to his liking. After it gain traction anc became popular, they started bloating it by adding """features""" which in fact were just more popular addons getting hardcoded into firefox, FORCING everyone to use them. And it keeps going like that ever since. It's just getting worse, and worse, slower and slower, bore bloated every update. No one needs those """features""" they shoving down our throats.

Those features were supposed to be in a form of addon in the first place.

>And what would that be?
Refactoring and cleaning up layers upon layers of compatibility shim mess caused by the old addon model.

exhentai easy v.2 is a login page instead of a sad panda

I doubt it, all they do is mess with UI so that after update I am wondering where is firefox, and who installed google chrome on my computer?

Does anyone else have the FF processes in task manager sometimes continuously alternate between 1 CPU use even when nothing is being done, even on a blank tab? It doesn't happen every time, usually it stays at 0 CPU use when idle. This is really starting to bug me.

why? because you think they are monitoring your use or something?

big if true

>he thought Firefox wasn't a botnet
Goyims say the darnest things!

ok, the firefox quantum is out, what can i use to replace self-destructing cookies and random agent spoofer?
self destroying cookies and user agent switcher are good options?

I'd just like to know what it is that causes the 1-2% consistent CPU usage and if other people have experienced it too. For example I just restarted firefox and now it stays at 0% CPU use again. I never consciously notices this in FF56 so I have no idea if this is a bug or a "feature" in 57 that is causing it. The only addon I have currently running is uBlock as well, so that can't really be it.

>implying the botnet will allow you to do that
user pls

>I've been forever just loading the sadpanda cookies thorough the console
>It just works™
>It will never be deprecated
Is it just me?

It is making your CPu going really slow? why do you care?

I'm getting some severe memory leaks with the new Firefox... it gets so slow after a few hours its basically unusable. I'm aware it could be certain plugins (maybe Tampermonkey?) or poorly designed websites causing this, but I'm back to Pale Moon for now.

>no more plugin breakage due to a stable api
>faster js and rendering engine
>still like a hundred times as configurable as chrome
chromelets btfo

>It is making your CPu going really slow?
No, not at all. in fact it isn't even noticable unless I look in task manager. I just want to know if this is normal that FF sometimes continuously uses 1-2 CPU for prolongued periods of time for apparently no reason even when you are idling on a blank tab and what is causing it and if other people have it happen too.

What did all my synced bookmarks and favorites go?

This

NSA

I actually like the compact theme. Just hide he hideous icons

I've noticed this with with other browsers too

dude maybe is some thing the browser is doing in the background, just like all the sowtware these days

52 ESR, 56, palemoon or waterfox? Which option for better security, long-term? (at least a few months until most add-ons get released for quantum)

So you have it too from time to time that FF uses 1-2 CPU constantly without you doing anything? I'm not trying to be paranoid here and imply FF is doing something malicious. I just want to know if this is normal and other people have this happen too, or if I have a fucking coin miner running that is bypassing uBO or some shit.

>a fucking coin miner
do you mean bitcoin? that's something I haven't heard yet

don't give a shit my friend

pic related is what I have from FF in the CPU

It is better than Firefox 56. People who are mad are either butthurt about the loss of legacy addons (which they had MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME TO ADAPT FOR) or because they are either Chrome or Edge shills.

>Customizable UI
>Faster than Chrome at this point
>Significantly less resource usage
I had switched from Chrome to Firefox mostly on the basis that Chrome was constantly crashing for me.

He's saying someone might have sent you a coin miner executed in javascript that Firefox is executing in the background. This can happen on any browser. Restart Firefox and see if this CPU usage occurs after/during visiting any particular sites.

Also consider installing this: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-coin/

>Quicker load times because every extension you had is now disabled
How much of an idiot do you have to be to use exclusively legacy addons that don't have any active development? Whose fault is it if the addon wasn't updated to work on 57? Certainly not Mozilla's fault that manbabies on Sup Forums cannot handle something as basic as UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE.

how they send you the coin miner?

I never really cared about addons but 4chanX half the time complains that there's too many copies of it activated even though there's only one and there's noticeable lag switching between tabs. I'm really frustrated with it, honestly, and will probably switch back to Vivaldi if things don't get better.

I tried to post this like 30 goddamn minutes ago yet it never worked. Yeah, fuck Quantum.

>Whose fault is it if the addon wasn't updated to work on 57?
in some cases Mozilla because the necessary API isn't finished yet

Sup Forums-x version 1.13.14.8
Greasemonkey 4.1 Beta 3

Working fine for me. Make sure everything is up to date. With this configuration, you might find that when you hit "back" it will reload Sup Forums-x resulting in the multiple copies error. Simply hit Ctrl+F5 to rectify. It'll get better.

Is it normal for coin miners to use as little as 1-2 CPU? I thought coin miner CPU usage was significantly higher and more noticeable. Also, no Firefox randomly starts doing that 1% CPU usage. It just started again after about 40 minutes of 0 CPU usage and the only site I've visited was Sup Forums.

mozzarella fixed so much stuff that they celebrated it with giving last firefox update a cool name. it's like internet explorer to microsoft edge, taking opportunity to make new first impression in order to make up for mistakes of the past.

recent firefox updates were fucking everything up, so now i wonder if it's faster than it was or is it just a rollback to older version

It's broken as fuck

Depends on how it's configured. As often as not they'll set it to 50% in order to avoid detection of the miner, shit like that.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM SO GOOD
NOTHING WORKS BUT IT'S ALRIGHT WE SO FAST NOW
I totally needed those 60fps in my browser.