The Horrors of the Danish Language

So recently I was talking to a Danish friend of mine about his language and he came to the realisation that it had no concept of the future tense.

Was he just bullshitting me or is this actually true? Can any Danish posters confirm? If so what do you have instead?

what's future tense? i fucking hate linguistics.

Well basically future tense is saying something that you are going to do.
Past= Did/Done/Have done
Presant= Doing/Completing
Future= Will do/Will complete/ Going to

Yes, it's a bit tricky to express the future.

How to I say "I will cuck you" in Danish?

*do

But surely isn't future tense a commonly used thing? How is it 'tricky'?

we don't have it either

It's the same in Japanese.

English doesn't have future tense either.

>will
There, we have future tense now.

No it's bullshit.

It's a bit tricky, I believe there's no real verb for being cucked. The closest I can think of is "I will make you a cuckold"

>Jeg gor dig til en hanrej

du vil altid være en idiot

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

i'm getting headaches

Works the same way as in English.

> du vil
"You want to". But it may not explicitly be a wish.

>Jeg gor dig til en hanrej
Present tense

Danish, like a other scandinavian languages, does not lack a way to express events in the future. "Ska" or "Skall" is the most common auxialliary verb to express this in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.

I will have to learn danish in a year and all i have read makes it seem like hardest language in europe kinda nervous

In Norwegian that would be "Jeg kommer til å hanreie deg", and I can't imagine it being much different in Danish lest it really doesn't have future tense for some reason.

same here

>it had no concept of the future tense.
Maybe it's like in English with "will + verb", which isn't technically a tense, but a auxiliary construction.

"You will" as in an unavoidable event

>Present tense

present or future

This kind of shit is why Anglos can't learn other languages. Shit seems so damn complicated.

>Jeg kommer til å hanreie deg
But doesn't this mean something more along the lines of "I am going to.."?

I guess, it's going to be easy to learn Danish if I speak swedish. I can understand it a little bit but reading and pronouncation...

English doesn't have a future tense either

Danish grammar is comparativley simple, pronunciation is hard to learn i would think, at least compared to Swedish and norwegian

In this context those two basically mean the same thing, lad

Not a specific verbal tense, but you do have (multiple) grammar constructions for it.

Portuguese only has one future tense and is a lot less flexible than English because of that.

We cant have things like "will have been cucked", for example. We'd use "by that time it has been cucked", and it's future implied, but it's conjugated in a present-past tense, instead of a future-past one.