The reason why custom roms are getting worse and why less people are willing to sacrifice their free time making them...

The reason why custom roms are getting worse and why less people are willing to sacrifice their free time making them is because the community is ungrateful.

Android phones are made obsolete years before their hardware is obsolete due to no software updates.

iPhones are better because people understand that you pay more for better quality software that will be supported for many years.

It's because pajeets are lazy and stupid actually

I thought it was because half the shit barely worked with custom roms

Second post best post

No, it's because Android has caught up. Custom ROMS used to be packed with features that Android didn't have. Nowadays a custom rom offers little over a stock rom. Sure you might be able to tinker with it more, but at what cost? A huge hit in camera quality? Spotty calling? GPS not working? Forced closes? It's just not worth it anymore.

If anyone is wondering that girl's name is Sofia Tesfu, unfortunately I don't think she has any active social media accounts. She's fucking beautiful. Inb4 she's dead or in hiding because she didn't want all this fame.

Oh shut up. Shes quite nice and nothing more.

This guy gets it

i don't get why you're angry, lol. You're mad because I think she's beautiful, not "quite nice"? To be fair i'd probably think she was annoying as fuck because the one person I found connected to her twitter account (meaning I found her tweets to Sofia through google) is one of the #blacklivesmatter types of people.

I just found out my Moto G4+ is not eligible for Android 8. Will I still get security updates? Is it time to finally pull the trigger and install a ROM? I'm new to this shit.

you buy the phone with the roms, not find the roms for your phone

>I don't think she has any active social media accounts

hot

Fucking Ethiopians making my dick HARD!!!

>hack my galaxy note.
>custom rom is go
>S pen is not fully functional, no context wheel when I click button, and I lose out on free copy of Autodesk Sketchbook for Android
>reinstall stock rom and forget xda exists
>profit

the point isn't "more features" anymore, the point is "removes Google" and "receives security updates". But that means there isn't much cause anymore to have ten different versions of a ROM for the same phone, one ordinary LineageOS image is enough.

i don't understand how the copy of cyanogenmod i had on my galaxy s3 back in 2012 was better than any android rom, stock or custom, that ships today. mobile OSes actually seem to be devolving in front of our eyes.

Cyanogenmod probably has fewer backdoors.

in 2012 there were several roms that had zero bloat and unlocked the full potential of your phone, plus had regular updates. now its like open roms are dead. i wonder if google put a stop to it?

If she didn't want the fame why is she showing me her chocolate milkers?

Unpatched vulns.

>zero bloat
they run java you mong
>now its like open roms are dead
Nah, they have just stabalized with less meme forks. There are more than just lineago, you are just bad at web surfing.

What are you on about, iToddler? Lineage OS takes 5 minutes to install and it's the best software experience you can get on a mobile phone. Lineage OS also already fixed the WPA2 exploit while Jewgle hasn't even pushed out an official fix yet. Why would I ever want a locked down fruity toy that runs like shit when I can have a better phone for half the price that runs a fully open source implementation of Android?

>inb4 Lineage OS isn't open source
Yes it is. Only a few device drivers are non-free, as well as the bootloader, but these aren't actually a part of the Lineage OS project. The entire kernel, userland, UI, and everything else that the devs put out is free software. Meanwhile iOS is all closed source except for the base kernel and a few libraries.

The government loves easy to access phones that's why Android is everywhere

Someone needs to run her pics through makeapp or whatever the fuck that shit is called.

>Lineage OS takes 5 minutes to install

It doesn't work on 99% of Android devices

This is a lie

white makeup playface and hours of hair bullshit

still love black girls though

t. dated jamaican girl

eh. loading a buggy and insecure custom ROM isn't even worth my time when a new phone with the latest OS is $50 (without a contract).

Gtfo with your outdated memespeak. You'll never be a true autist

There are "people" that buy androids that don't have official LineageOS builds. Let that sink in for a moment.

iPhones are also easy to access. The gov't doesn't even need to ask for access. Apple readily gives the information of anyone to the gov't.