Can I really call myself portuguese if none of my family is from here?

Can I really call myself portuguese if none of my family is from here?

I was born and raised In Portugal but my dad is south american and my mom is from one of the old soviet block countries.

I cant really say im from either of those countries as i've never spent anytime there

what am I?

You are a cat

i wish

by blood you're a mix of your parents' ethnicity
by culture you're portuguese

easy

never really felt cultularly portuguese. People always saw me as a foreigner and so did I. Never did any traditional portuguese things either

Ur gay

Look how sad that Kot is. This bread is all what he can give to his children for an entire week.

You are from a country called World and the city Human Being

you're Portuguese

Portuguese is a nationality contingent on Portuguese citizenship

All Portuguese citizens are Portuguese

>didn't embrace your nationality's culture
>wonder why you dont feel portuguese
huh

Nope

Hello Яeddit

t. Alberto Ivanovsky da Silva Barbosa

try embracing your nationality when everyone's personality and traditions are so different from yours

Is this a big problem for you?
My children will have the same problem.

I always felt a bit weird but I could never really point at what was wrong until some canadian poster told me to google the world deracinate. It pretty much explains it. I feel like I don't really belong anywhere

Strong family connection will fix this new age nonsense.

>born and raised In Portugal
Portuguese enough for me rapaz

There is nothing wrong with Reddit.

if you were raised in there you're completely Portuguese.
Nationality is more of an attitude/values identity than a racial/ethnic one. Well at least that's how I see it.
And that's also why we hate chicanos and pochos that were raised in shitty Mexican guetos up in US and fly the Mexican flag.

You are Spain best neighbour

the thing is strong family connection is really hard when all your family apart from your parents and siblings live in other countries.

Genuinely curious, when you say this are talking about the traditions/culture of your parents countries that you've learned of second hand?

Do your parents and siblings also feel this feeling of non-belonging?

Have you never visited them or them you?

I meant the culture/tradition of the people here that I've never really experienced. One example that comes to mind is how everyone here has lenghty families with tons of grandparents and cousins and how thighly knit they are with eachother.

As for my parents they made the decision of coming here in the first place so I'd say they knew what they were losing when they left their country

As for visiting family abroad I did when I was very little and don't remember much. I spent more time with my mothers side since they live closer but unfortunetly most of her side of the family is dead. As for my dads side I only visited them once as a kid. As for them visiting us it never happened