/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing:
youtu.be/9rBM7uwE2Bw

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

breguet.com/en/history/inventions/magnetic-pivot
damaskowatchtechnology.com/technology-ballbearing.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for fuck off swatch males, it's a Seiko thread now.

Can we have a good thread for once?

Kill yourself

>He rather pays the swiss tax than for quality.
kys.

First for Soyko numales should hang

>t.Archie Luxury
HELLO, FUCKER, POST CHINK SHITTERS

Shitposting aside, how many people here actually own watches that cost a couple grand?

Can we PLEASE STOP THE SHITPOSTING

LETS DISCUSS THIS
breguet.com/en/history/inventions/magnetic-pivot

and this

damaskowatchtechnology.com/technology-ballbearing.php

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK

We have multiple people with various Rolex Oysters here, a handful of Grand Seikos, a Vacheron or two, and then that rich lawyer who owns everything.

Post collections.

Said rich lawyer also has a couple of wonderful 8110A chronographs which i would love to have.

What's the top right one in the right case?

>8110A chronograph
ORIENT STAR

That magnetic pivot is wild, it's too bad we'll probably never get any independent testing of its behavior because I'd be very interested to see how it really behaves under shocks.

Define "everything"? pics?

i own a GS snowflake and tudor BB. other than that just a few beaters like orient and tissot and a no branding chink shitter.
>inb4 hours hand.
i fucked it by tripping and need to take it in :(
also this Lawyer user is amazing. i miss him.
Canadian user owns a rolex from his dad, Goodstuffs user owns a GS and nice omegas.
Someone around here also owns onw of those new thermocompensated omegas

Meant to write Citizen 8110A bullhead chronographs, but the entire line based around this movement is a great thing to have.

Though as far as my collection goes i'm working on selling the pieces from the left watchbox and either get a Seiko 5740-8000 Lord marvel is said 8110A Citizen+ servicing if need be.

Except for the Omega Constellation Pie Pan, the Grand Lange 1 and what looks like a Breuget - the rest seem mediocre.

There's also a collection with a few Lange's, JLC's and some others.

The two JLC Atmos clocks and the Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph are nice.

What would be a soyboy ultimate watch?

BAIT. no one is this stupid
5eiko

this meme isn't funny

can you fucking relax for once and let me shitpost?
What is wrong with you people.

at least make some original shitposts please

its the hottest new meme.
Please let me shitpost in peace.
Thank you.

It would probably be the SOYko 5!!! HAHAHAHHA SOY!!!! ESTROGEN!!!!! WHAT LOSERS

ive circled some of his nicer and more expensive watches so you can pick them out.

>time 1 second apart

Well we know definitively there are muliptle people now. Plus people last thread were accusing me of being in on it too so that's 3.

im this one
just joking because they orher moron wont let up with his stupid "soy" meme. i dont actually think its funny, just annoying shit to try and make fun of seiko.

Just because a watch is expensive does not mean it's nice. Plenty of ugly looking watches there.

Most of them aren't my cup of tea but only a handful are ugly. What don't you like?

i think that zenith is butt ugly and is not to my taste, but its an extremely nice watch and youre insane if you think it isnt nice.

I remember when you were thinking about selling that green cosmotron.

All the skeleton watches do nothing for me. Several Daytona's, boring. There are some I'd kill a relative for though. The Lange being one of them.

JAPAN = QUALITY

stop posting those fucking soykos i want to kill myself

post your watch collection then?

The only think im interest in the special snofrake penis soyko.

Quite a while ago, but there were a lot of better example up for grabs back then.

Oh and some russian stuff.

recommend me good (European) watch

Squalle

I forgot to write, must be self winding

Any "European" watch below that price will be mostly Chinese and only assembled enough in Europe to.skirt under labeling regulations.

some of us have several

>homos
>retarded pepsi dial brother

>retarded pepsi dial brother
What did you mean with this?

Nice. Post full collection friendo.

sorry pajet you have no saying on the matter.

Idk I like Aviator poljot HI-TECH 3133
It's made in Russia and around 700$

But what did you mean by that? I feel like I have missed a meme here because the retard sibling is the explorer II

its nothing. just some asshole trolling. The watches are fine.

>he doesn't know

I have many. Some vintage, some modern.

>I'll pretend I'm in on a joke no one else is

Trilby tipping watchfags go on /fa/

>he actually really is clueless

>it really is a thing everyone here knows even though it's only me

Makes you think huh

>i refer to my watch as a "timepiece"
>i own a pocket watch and unashamedly use it in public

Casio top dog and Rolex bottom bitch detected.

oh shit, I saw a pic of ur monster a while ago and I wanted to ask where you got that nato. Is that a certain type or just a design?

It's just a rather thick 20mm zulu with a couple pieces of fabric on it.

Wanted to use my regimental colors but that would require 5 different colors.

had no idea nato straps we're so thin

I don't know why you call me that - I only have the one whereas there's an user here that owns two vaguer Hauers - the one I own and the moonphase.

>>i own a pocket watch and unashamedly use it in public
You mean a phone?

What is the bottom watch

Luch is looking good as hell bro.

comrades

why is vaguer hauers popular here? aren't they just miyota based shitters

europe is not in china user

European heritage

Yeah they are. I like mine because it has an actually interesting interpretation of a slaved 24 hour hand. The finishing is decent for the price. It's a cheap watch but I was charmed enough to buy it, given the price.

I wouldn't say they're popular here - only two anons own them as far as I know.

ok thankyou user. i've been looking for a modern chinese watch to match my vintage seagull and that might be it

nice fakes

i've been looking at some Seiko 5 watches recently - are these ones worth buying for something relatively cheap but that'll last?

soyko should right up your alley

well memed friend

Reporting in.

Looking for a new dive watch.
Automatic, max 43mm and max 500 euros.
Any suggestions?

No SKX or Orient Ray/Mako please.

Reporting

yes but also look into vostok
seiko 5s are a meme

I want to spin up a custom pcbs for these old watches.
Especially for that Longines one

I think it's pretty funny too, especially since you have a far more interesting and distinctive collection.

As far as I know, avocado user's only Chinese watch is a Celadon Imperial.

I assume you mean the ultra quartz as the ultronic (the esa9162 tuning fork) doesn't really have much in the way of circuitry. Might make the most sense to start with a basic quartz stepper motor, although you could also probably do the luch 3055.

Dang, I forgot to mention that the moonphase one uses a Seagull ST21 (not the ST25 like the ridiculously large Parnis moonphases). They also have some that supposedly use ETA movements, but I have nothing to support whether the ETAs are genuine, from the same factory, or clone movements.

Do you have a picture of the Shi Chen watch in its box? The packaging is pretty spectacular but I don't have a picture of it - I think I remember you do.

Yeah, here is the one I took when it arrived.

that watch is dope as fuck

There's a black huldra on watchuseek at the moment.

What's the best looking quartz watch out there?

Damn that case is crusty

on a side note i gotta get myself a 2809 precision as soon as i can