If the 3.5mm port is truly considered redundant, why is it still on most laptops and mid-range phones...

If the 3.5mm port is truly considered redundant, why is it still on most laptops and mid-range phones? Why does every motherboard still ship with 3.5mm ports? Why are there no good type c headphones that are universal (can be used for laptop, phone, Nintendo switch, etc), why don't they replace the 3.5mm port in phones with a second type c port?

How can we fight the removal of the 3.5mm port in phones? Apple fucked everyone up with their courage bullshit. Last year Google mocked them for removing the headphone port but this year's pixel devices don't have a headphone port.

>How can we fight the removal of the 3.5mm port in phones?
Seriously? DON'T BUY THOSE PHONES.

fuck people are stupid

i want my 1/4 inch headphone jacks back

>People bought pixel because Apple removes headphone port
>Google removes headphone port for pixel 2
>People still buy the pixel 2

I wish it was that simple.

I have a pixel.
Didn't buy a pixel 2.

boom, simple.

But now what? Your choices are going to keep getting limited.

HTC, LeEco, Huawei, Xiaomi, ZTE, and Google have removed the headphone port. Now that Google has removed it how long do you think other brands will keep it?

I bought a Meizu Pro 7 Plus because it was the cheapest phone that gave me everything I wanted but leaks of a new Meizu phone are showing a design with no 3.5mm port which means I'll be forced to keep brand hopping. How many brands will keep it for their 2019/2020 flagships when I upgrade?

why the fuck do you constantly need the newest flagship phone?

>If the 3.5mm port is truly considered redundant
It's not?

It might be simple for you and me user, but normies will still buy the Pixel 2.
The sad truth is, as a couple of Sup Forums autists we can't do shit.

I'm still using an iphone6. I'm due for a new work phone whenever I want but man fuck I do not want to give up my jack. I don't use it that much but when I do I don't want to have to fuck with a dongle, especially on planes.

nobody wears studio headphones with a smartphone

I plan on upgrading in roughly a couple of years if it's worth it. I upgraded from a Nexus 5 to the Meizu if it matters...

it doesn't look particularly good for you then, as far as i can tell the normal plebs are perfectly fine with this development

Do Bluetooth earphones last longer than 3-4 hours per charge or are they still useless?

AirPods last around 6 hours

Anything with silicon tips? If I go Bluetooth I won't settle for anything less than 8 hours...

>why is it still on most laptop
audio applications
>and mid-range phones?
poorfags
>Why does every motherboard still ship with 3.5mm ports?
audio applications and sound systems
>Why are there no good type c headphones that are universal (can be used for laptop, phone, Nintendo switch, etc)
There are, most (good) bluetooth headphones can also be connected via USB, my Audio Technica DSR7BT can be used with anything, even fruit phone lighting connectors (right cable/adapter needed). They just need an internal DAC.

sony is never going to remove it so there is that

Just get bluetooth headphones user. Don't be a scrub.

Just get an OP5T or shell out the wallet for a Samsung. You don't mind wasting a fuckton on flagships after all.

Gonna do that right away when they get the tech to such level that they don't need recharging, have the same audio quality as wired and don't fuck up with the connection every once in a while. t. not OP

Ultimately they want to save costs on both engineering (not figuring out how to fit a DAC + 3.5 mm inside a handset), and then later pass the cost of the DAC onto the consumer when they stop including the 3.5mm adapter with the handset. In fact, HTC is already doing this with the U11 Life. Also not just any USB C to 3.5mm DAC will work either. Only the special one HTC sells will work on the device.

I literally wouldn't be the least bit mad if phones came with two USB C/Lightning connector ports, but they don't. They come with one. So I can't charge and listen to music at the same time, or transfer data and listen to music at the same time. Even worse, the one port wears out twice as fast. I refuse to buy a phone that only has one port. That's fucking dumb.

>buying a pixlel

>So I don't know how to charge and listen to music at the same time, or transfer data and listen to music at the same time.
Time to skill up. Other people can do it. Why not you?

Are you shilling or are you mocking the shills?

Source on pic?

Poe's law is a bitch.

Pixel is such a nice phone still

-opo

the biggest thing about the apple and the headphone jack wasnt just the jack, it was no jack, no apt-x hd !

apple is pushing this wireless courage meme and thinks a decade old lossy codec is completely fine... apple cucked itself real bad because apt-x hd lossless codec is qualcomm patent and hte two companies arent getting along, this means apple wont have lossless bluetooth going into the future

in other massive news that isnt being talked about here sony pushed its hi-res wires wireless codec LDAC to android O which means there is a good chance that LDAC will become mainstream standard in the future

[pic related] is a sony ldac reciever with mmcx connector that can do wireless 24bit ... any android O device will be compatible ... but not your iphone !

I'd rather use my airpods than those ugly ass things desu

>come to thread for OPs pic
>isn't animated
And I'm done here

Stop being a consumerist sheep, you can easily get a flagship and use it for 3+ years, instead of buying one every year.

apples and oranges you douche nozzle !

if you want your lossy shit sounding convenience i aint stopping you, good for you, go for gold.

for other people who chase really good sound and try to use highest standards possible this is what it looks like. This is wireless lossless 24bit and there is a good chance you will never get it on your iphone !

I only listen to music on my phone between classes and AirPods are the most convenient Bluetooth buds I’ve ever used
I don’t know why you’re so mad and desperate but it’s really sad, fat boy

I upgrade every 2-4 years.
>iPhone 4S
>HTC One M8
>OnePlus 3T (start of this year)

Really like the 3T so probably won't upgrade for some time.

>I'd rather have mediocre sound quality than using an slightly less attractive piece of tech!

You sound like the average applefag.

>an slightly
Esl please leave and the AirPods have over 98% consumer satisfaction. They’re pretty great desu

Why do you feel the need to spread consumerist bullshit all over this board?

nailed it man.

just the mediocrity coming out of these soyboys lately is making me angry

its like its ok to push resolution and framerates if your a gaymer fag, but dare do that to fucking music and you get pigeon holes as a creaky old audiophile with orgonite taped to your cables that are neatly elevated off the floor..... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I’m just expressing my personal experience, calm down foreigner

>tech illiterate normies buy airpods
>oh it got good reviews!?!

Should I get the Moto X4 over a Pixel 2? Has a headphone jack and a microSD slot.

Have you ever even tried the AirPods yet? Pathetic post!

if you cant tell me the bluetooth codec and bitrate your airpods are using you really dont belong on this board

I don’t really care about those things, go back to rebbit with the tryhard gatekeeping, underage. If you use windows you’re not welcome on this board

>average sound quality compared to similarly priced earbuds
>muh "instant" connection
>fall out of my ears easily
>can get lost easily
>not worth the price

I have some Bluetooth headphones and after the first connection, they connect within 2-4 seconds.

>fall out of years
I use them daily at the gym and they’ve never slipped out. Even if I shake my head as hard as possible they don’t come out
>easily lost
I’ve had mine since March, haven’t misplaced once. Kind of childish to lose things.

Is it better quality? Does it make my life better? Or are you just trying to stick it up my ass? Fuck you Apple and all you other fucking companies fucking with my mode.

>they don't need recharging
I know the rest of what you said is possible, but how about this? How would it even work, solar panels? The vibrations? A small nuclear reactor in them?