Pcbg/ get in here and bant edt

Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g[Open]
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs i5 8600k if your CHAD
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Consider Vega if you have a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/kVmmYr
pcpartpicker.com/list/Pq3GKZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/6pV93F
pcpartpicker.com/list/6w2wNN
amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GL2760H-inch-Monitor-1920/dp/B00IZBIMLK
pcpartpicker.com/list/xTbHwV
asus.com/us/Monitors/VG245HE/
asus.com/us/Monitors/VG245H/
eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/g2460vq6
m.umart.com.au/goods.php?id=10980&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2tHGg4nH1wIVAh4rCh31hA9jEAQYASABEgLg__D_BwE
youtu.be/ibpV69puA5s
pcpartpicker.com/list/NQd7zM
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1311574-REG/acer_um_hx1aa_a01_27_xb271hu_tn_wqhd.html
amazon.com/dp/B0149QBOF0/?tag=pcpapi-20&th=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/q3nVJV
pcpartpicker.com/list/DbZmYr
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6fgf3F
pcpartpicker.com/list/2mZmYr
pcpartpicker.com/list/PKLN3F
pcpartpicker.com/list/bhpvTH
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rate my.build first time builder

pcpartpicker.com/list/kVmmYr

Also should I try Channeling like gif related? Heard you get 20C changes

>install ram in slots specified by mobo manual
>16GB detected 7.9 usable
should I try other slots?

why?

Yes follow manual for mobo something isn't right

I'd spend less on the mobo/case fans and maybe go 1440p at that price point

looks like bad stick of ram

are you sure you aren't using 8 gigs already

considering the computer fails to boot with this DIMM and boots fine with just the other I think this is the prime suspect

pcpartpicker.com/list/Pq3GKZ

>I know what went wrong here
you forgot to fill the middle

pcpartpicker.com/list/6pV93F

>>G4560/G4600

pcpartpicker.com/list/6w2wNN
R8, any tips before killing my wallet

amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GL2760H-inch-Monitor-1920/dp/B00IZBIMLK

Is this a good deal in the amazon black friday sale?

amd btfo

how would you fix this? Isopropyl on a paintbrush? The static wouldn't be too bad for it would it be?

Thinking about going with ref vega 64 for a gaming build. Heard it reaches high temps. How high are we talking about in games and are those temps dangerous in the long term?

The factory temp limit is 85ºC, at that point it starts throttling/ramping up the fans and getting really loud.
You can set a more aggressive fan curve and keep your card below 80ºC under load at the cost of more noise.
85ºC is not a dangerous temperature of operation and will not damage your silicon.

My ref vega 64 idles at about 40 to 50ºC and under load quickly climbs up to 80ºC, I don't mind the noise so I have a fan curve that keeps the card around 80ºC to avoid any throttling.

Also reminder to not buy blower cards.

what advantage do modular psus have over traditional ones other than less cables? do they use less energy?

Is there that much difference between GPU manufacturers? Like let's say ASUS vs ZOTAC? Or is enterely dependent on the GPU?

>Also reminder to not buy blower cards.
I don't have enough money for a liquid one. And I don't feel like buying nvidia's 2 year old card in the wake of its gimping with next gen release.
I don't really mind the noise. But will high temps affect my gameplay?

No they won't, as I said the card will ramp up the fans or start throttling depending on what you set it to, but if it starts throttling it's not gonna be a 20fps decrease in performance. Just download OverdriveNTool and set your temp limits and fan speed limits and you're set.

I'm trying to do a white meme build.
R8 or roast me
pcpartpicker.com/list/xTbHwV
Budget is $650 max.

R5 1600 or i58400? Gonna use it as Gaming / dev machine?

Are you satisfied with it in general? Any plans to mod the cooler?

I got the Limited Edition one so I got no plans on modding the cooler, and yes I'm very satisfied with it, massive upgrade from my old 380X, but as I said it's hot and loud. If you really care about noise, reference Vega (or any other reference card for that matter) is not for you.

I also plan on buying limited edition. Noise is not such a big deal for me.
Also, did you undervolt it? Are those the temps you are getting after undervolting?

i5

yes

That PSU is overkill, you'll be fine with 550W, also i5-8400 is more worth it if all you do is game and plan not to overclock.

I did undervolt it, even with an undervolt it reaches 85ºC.
Undervolting won't solve your temperature issues.
Temps I get under load are of course between 75 and 85ºC, depending on the fan curve I have set.

It might be a retarded thing but could you maybe make a video on how loud it is? Upload it to youtube or something?
I would appreciate it a lot.

Sure could, been meaning to do it because a few friends have asked.
Gonna do it right now.

Then you need something as a reference

Thanks, man. Waiting for it.

Have used a TV as a monitor for a very long time and I decided it was time for a real monitor. Problem is, I don't have that much money and since I live in Europe, prices are higher.

asus.com/us/Monitors/VG245HE/
asus.com/us/Monitors/VG245H/
eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/g2460vq6

I found these 3 at a discount and was wondering which of these I should pick?

m.umart.com.au/goods.php?id=10980&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2tHGg4nH1wIVAh4rCh31hA9jEAQYASABEgLg__D_BwE

Is this comparable with an MSI GTX1060 OC?

Plan on buying this on Black Friday. Was planning on getting the i3-8100 but I need to do some video encoding here and there.

Alright, here you go.
youtu.be/ibpV69puA5s

Longer than I thought I'd be rambling for, but I hope it helps illustrate the noise levels.
As I said the factory cap on fan rpm is about 2600 or so, so it's not really that loud. You're really not gonna be putting the fans beyond 3000 rpm under normal load.

>450W
panic! apparently it's fucking shite too, avoid
>paying 110$ for 8gb 2400 instead of 160 for 16gb 3200
come on user-chan
>40$ mini itx case
might have a lack of fans, did you check about that?
>no GPU

Thanks. Will check it in half in hour, when I am home.

What's a good website to get parts that ships in Europe ?

Are 2.5 inch hard drives as good/reliable as 3.5 inch ones?

Has 4.5 rating with 3000+ reviews on Amazon. Will be $12 on Black Friday.

DESU with the ram I'm thinking of just getting 4GB. I'm not a retard that runs 30 programs at a time.

Mostly use my pc for shitposting. Don't need a dedicated gpu for that. Also thinking of getting a modular PSU to have better airflow on such a small case. But I can't find any cheap ones.

pcpartpicker.com/list/NQd7zM

Rate my first build. For gaming and some video editing. Sucks that there are no h370 mobo yet

>that many i5-8400.

Why? You hate ryzen now?

Due to era of bulldozer and intel's rain people began to associate intel with good cpus and amds with cheap alternative. Even though the situation has changed, it takes much more time to change public opinion.

>now

Just finished my build
Asus maximus x hero mobo
i7 8700k
16gb Corsair Vengence rbg RAM
Corsair H100i v2 aio
Evga 1080ti ftw3
Coraair Rm750x psu

>1 GPU
>presumably no soundcard or other pcie gear
why not get a matx or itx motherboard and possibly case too?

I forget to mention:
Corsair 570x white (case)
500GB SSD
2X 1TB WD Blue HDD's
And shinobu

Looks great though I'd recommend having the top fans exhaust.

get 8600k
get ripjaws for higher frequency and save like 20$
get 1060 6gb, 1060 3gb is a fucking waste of money
>130$ 75hz 1080p monitor
just pick up a cheapo second hand 20$ one you idiot

>I'd recommend having the top fans exhaust.
Why though

FTW3 Hybrid would be much quieter.

Name of case?

Has anyone tried building with the Deepcool Kendomen? I'm trying to remove the I/O covers so I can put the GPU in, but there's an overhang on the case that's preventing me from getting my screwdriver in to take off the uppermost one. Is there some other way to take it out?

So as to not add more heat inside the case as well as exhaust more heat outside from the GPU.

Yes it would but I don't care about the sound since I always wear a headset

Hm. I'll do some stress tests and see how temps look on both configurations and report back

Corsair 570x (white)

My i5-6600K overclock is Prime95 levels of stable. It never ever crashes Windows. However, I occasionally get a failure to boot message from BIOS, telling me to restore default settings. It seems to be more frequent when restarting, rather than just starting the computer. The weirdest part is that after the failure, I can just go into BIOS, load my OC settings again and the computer will work just fine until after a few days/a week/a month it fails again. Which setting could be at fault here?

What gpu is likely to give me the least coil whine?

America 57% (White)

Is it normal for i7 7700k (not OC) with Noctua Nh D15 to get in stress test 65-75C

Either low airflow in the case or badly applied thermal paste (I suppose you used the NT-H1)

So, whats the best thermal paste to apply on it?

What are some good 16:10 monitors with decent input lag and response time?

NT-H1 is great, I use it myself (and the D15 too), just make sure you put neither too much nor too little. The dot in the center pattern works well.

I can't decide on a monitor. What are your thoughts?

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1311574-REG/acer_um_hx1aa_a01_27_xb271hu_tn_wqhd.html

amazon.com/dp/B0149QBOF0/?tag=pcpapi-20&th=1

Yes absolutely. Sky/Kaby Lake run hot. Plain and simple. At least without de-lidding.

pcpartpicker.com/list/q3nVJV

this system would be specifically for gaming. I have a Ryzen 1700X, full ATX board, and 32GB of DDR4-2400mhz I would be turning into a server. I'd be gaming at 1440p 60hz. I'm undecided on case though. I have a Fractal Node 304 mITX case. Space for a cooler is limited so I'd probably have to rely on a 120mm AiO. Advisable? Or should I go and get a different mITX case? The entire point is I'm trying to reduce the gaming PC's footprint. So fuckhuge mITX cases are trash.

pcpartpicker.com/list/DbZmYr

Never done this before so looking for heavy criticism. My goal is to just play modern games. No recording/video editing or any of that shit. I also like to mod the shit out of my games sometimes. I also want to game a lot of games on SSD so I'd prefer around 500gb on that along with an HDD.

what resolution are you intending to play at? What refresh rate? That i5 is definitely not recommended. 4 cores isn't enough these days if you're looking to completely max out a game. The recommended is a 6 core.

Now which 6 core depends on budget, and again desired refresh rate. 60-85 HZ gaming? Get the R5-1600 Ryzen. 12 compute threads, low power consumption, good stock cooler. Plus cheaper as is the motherboard. 120-144hz gaming? The i5-8400 or i5-8600k. Keep in mind you're going to need a good cooler to keep the 8600k under control.

>Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities. (See details.)
user come on
ge t1600 instead of 1600x

7*** is outdated.
get 8350k
pay the extra for 850 evo ssd
get a 2x4gb or 2x8gb kit on 4 slot mobos
zotac is not as trustworthy as a big name, still better option than the nonames though. I had issues with them personally in the past but recently I've only seen good shit about them

rest should be good

I want to play at 1080p 60 fps

If you read what I posted, i said I know I need a cooler. I'm willing to buy one, I just don't which to get. Low profile air cooler? Or 120mm AiO? And I prefer the 1600X vs the 1600 because they're only $20 apart at Microcenter. I'd rather the higher clock ceiling.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6fgf3F

Ive got barely $800 and i want to play overwatch, pubg and dota. I know its a cheapo build but it sucks because of monitor cost and keyboard cost.

then any CPU would do the trick. Ryzen 1600, i5-8400, i5-8600k. They'll all do 60fps at 1080p easy.

Yes. I love how absolutely molten they get. My r7 1700 oc @ 3.8ghz gets up to 55 under prime 95 and a d15. Really its a great cooler. You should delid

I haven't done this in years, so I'm probably all wrong. I just want to play 1080p 60fps, but want it to last a few years being able to play new games at that level. Thanks!
pcpartpicker.com/list/2mZmYr

the included cooler with 1600 looks nice and has the performance of a ~30-40$ cooler.
If it doesn't fit in your case

>2core
>1030
>spends 155 on a monitor
>buys windows

pick up a second hand monitor for 20$
get a 1200
get a 1050ti
possibly drop wifi and cd reader

drop the cooler
get a 2x4 or 2x8 kit (I'd recommend 2x8 so you're safe)
just get cavar blue 2tb
upgrade ssd to 850 evo

pcpartpicker.com/list/PKLN3F

This build any good for 1080 res with 60 fps?

thanks!

Here. changed a few things. My version costs $0.21 more.

pcpartpicker.com/list/bhpvTH

>pcpartpicker.com/list/bhpvTH
thank you!

You're better off just getting a 2nd hand OEM machine from ebay and throwing in a $150 GTX 1050ti 4GB. Pic related. You woulnd't even need to get a new PSU as the 1050ti is power efficient enough to run off pcie power alone.

>$20 monitor
Do show me where. A 1200 is $70 or so more and the boards are $10 more. I have to buy windows, pirating has too many problems

team dark is out of stock
you can get pro4 for less which is also better
upgrade to 850 evo
stay away from 3tb drives

>Still having 1600X

see You can get a legit .ISO of windows 10 from Microsoft themselves and buy a key from eBay for $10-$15. Or honestly, most OEM computers will still have their windows license right on the case.

>pirating has too many problems
literally all you have to do is run a program, click one button, restart your pc

Interesting route. Ill shop around for a shitbox. I see some 3rd gen ones for around $400, scary cheap

Well thr oem ones make sense

is there no real difference between 1600 and 1600x?

or. Hear me out for a second. Or. user can just purchase windows and not have to worry about windows fucking up at a later date. Or de-activating. Or potential for key loggers.
>Still having 1600X
Nothing wrong with that at all. The 1600 is only good if you don't intend to OC. The price difference between the 1600 and 1600X is minimal. The 1600X is worth it just for the higher clock capability.

I'll take a 1600X clocked to 3.9ghz easily with a larger, quieter cooler, than the 1600 struggling to reach 3.8ghz with a loud as fuck stock cooler.

>>$20 monitor
>Do show me where.
check local schools
check local bargain bin stores
check garage sale things
check craigslist/ebay/whatever you have

I checked a local site for a minute, found three for 15$, one for 10, one for 20 and one for 1

you underestimate how many people get rid of shitty 1080p 60hz monitors

Binning. 1600x will reach 4.0 GHz much more likely than 1600. If you don't care about OC'ing, go for 1600.

The 1600X has a higher base and boost clock out of the box and a much higher change of hitting a 4.0ghz OC on all 6 cores compared to the non X 1600.

Why do you want a bluray drive? Bluray support on PC is complete shit.

See I'm stupid and don't know these things