How do I make professional music using linux?

How do I make professional music using linux?

LMMS
It's actually quite competent for a free music suite
But keep in mind that a lot of external plugins only work with Windows and Linux is not really known for stellar audio compatibility

Reaper has Linux support

>Most distros have a thousand shits to be fixed in the audio list of errors.
>Can I make music on Linux?

Jesus fuck.

You don't.
/thread

wrong, lmms is useless pice of shit, even ardour is better
you want bitwig, OP

Install jack
Install Ardour (IMO way better than lmms but its a little more bleeding-edge)
If you want to do experimental music or music programming, get one of the many flavors of PD (pure data). I recommend Purr-Data, it includes a better nw.js based GUI and all the improvements that the Linux laptop orchestra added to vanilla pd

They all use PulseAudio, which is Poetterware. JACK is a much better solution for low-latency audio, and it has the added bonus of causing fewer issues imo

>Poetterware
>not using superior software because you don't like the guy who made it
Don't be a bitch. Nobody has ever even heard of JACK.

how do I pirate it with linux?

nobody except people who work with audio
no serious daw would use pulse, it's shit for low-performance audio
you buy it or you call them to get indie license

Renoise

/end thread

what kind of music? I like reaper and renoise. i'm not a professional though

Git gud nuub

>Nobody has ever even heard of JACK
man i don't even work in music, i only play guitar the first thing i learned when googling about music in lunix was to install jack.

create another partition and install windows.

Well you see the reason bitwig is better than any of the free DAWs is because the developers are paid to work full time on it.

Maybe rather than pirating it, you should buy it.

So why is pulseaudio bad again? Works fine for me

Write your own

Just get 'Practical Common Lisp' and start dicking around messing with sounds. Do you own a guitar? Get a guitar2usb kit, get CLISP, read the book, read everything you can on fucking with audio and write whatever pile of junk you feel free too write and it may start a community of people helping your project.

AHAHAHAHAH Sup Forums the post

lots of stuff, it never wants to pump out the bitdepth / sample rate i force it to, and thats editing a fucking config too,,, whatever little it does to the average usuer it sure as hell gets in my way when you poke under the hood

>professional music using compoopers
beethoven used cracked reason 3.0

They don't lose money if he wasn't going to buy it anyways.