Will Microsoft ever top this?

Will Microsoft ever top this?

*blocks your path*

Ah yeah, Windows 2000 was definitely the way to go, even during the early days of XP. It was so stable, I often wondered why school systems never used it.

Best Windows here.

God Tier: XP SP2+

Good: 2000, 7

'Okay': 98

>the rest

>'Okay': 98

Literally the best Windows ever produced.

>No bloatware
>Nice interface
>NT Kernel

What else could you ask for?

>inb4 Wangblows XP

Windows 10 is a lot faster than windows 7.

I want the start menu back though

They already did.

Too bad it was too good for normies to understand, so we ended up with the downgraded version, which is win10.

classic shell

>I want the start menu back though

Download "Classic Shell"

Don't say we never helped you, nerd

Nah m8 see I still use a comfy Windows 8.1 Pro installation with classic shell

Get Classic Shell

God I miss that search box

2000/7/XP/98SE - Best Windows OSES. Honestly don't see why they couldn't just use the Windows 2000 gui, and rework the code to support new h/w. Surely it would've been easier than the pile of shit that is Ten/8/8.1. Really only thing with NT 2000 Pro is the ram cap (4GB)

>Built on NT Technology
>NT Technology
>New Technology Technology

XP and 7 were the best windows versions of all time for the casual user. microsoft has said that windows 10 will be the last, "definitive edition" of windows, i.e., they've already shot themselves on the foot and won't ever top anything they made in the past.

they're also desperately clinging to the open source community because they know their business model is dying.

Start menu that took over screen was a mistake with Win8, m8.

Microshit tried to fix that with .1 but the damage was already done.

>start menu meme

microsoft understood that nobody needs the damn start menu.
now its just something like a second desktop, so you can still have quick access to a collection of your favourite tools, without the need of the buttons on your desktop.

But if you arent a super normie who doesnt know whats on his pc, or use your pc with just a mouse or a controller, you just press the windows key and type the name of whatever you want to open it with enter.

Was win 8.1 really spying on you from day one? I really liked 8.1

I have literally never seen an 8/8.1 fag back this claim up properly.

>GNU
>GNUs not UNIX
>gnus not unix not unix
>gnus not unix not unix not unix

they did with 8

Shame people like you couldnt even get past the start screen

>inb4 windows 12 turns out to be pretty good

Windows is a service now. They're gonna drop the "10" once everyone is using it and it'll just be called Windows.