When will the LCD meme die?

When will the LCD meme die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1AHDZqMuvgM
youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I
youtu.be/wOLgtHd1HII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

when CRTs stop making that horrid 16khz sound

>blasting a beam of electrons directly into your eyes while sitting 1m away from the actual electron gun.
>complains about cataracts at the age of 35.
Brilliant idea, 100% worth the marginal color improvement.

That's just if you have a bad CRT.
Primarily when CRTs stop weighing 20 kg and are centimeters thick, because people seem to care about that. Also when they stop suffering from burn-in.

when they fix oled burn in

CRT meme already died.

OLED still have motion blur

Classic chieftec dragon case in the photo

How is that retarded?
You are literally blasting ionizing radiation in the form of x-rays, which even though insignificant, over a longer period of time the effects will become noticeable.
Why would anyone risk health problems in exchange for marginal differences that won't be noticeable without certain lighting conditions and in a photograph?
Some vintage technology works better than nu-devices, however, when you use an obsolete piece of tech that is inferior in every sense simply for the sake of being "hip" and "unlike the others", you're no better than a normalfag.

>tfw no space on desk for a crt

So you are saying that every single person who ever used a CRT daily has cancer?

>You are literally blasting ionizing radiation in the form of x-rays
Except the glass is literally leaded in order to avoid that, which is why CRTs are so heavy.

Some radiation still gets through. Very old displays produced before regulations came into power (pre-1980) are not leaded.
I'm not saying every single person.
I said that it greatly increases your chances of getting cataracts.
If you smoke twenty cigarettes a day, you may not get cancer, but your odds of getting cancer increase substantially.

So do CRTs.

They literally don't

Yes, and some radiation leaks through the atmosphere from outer space, too, in roughly similar quantities.
>Very old displays produced before regulations came into power (pre-1980) are not leaded.
I'm sure you can go out of your way to find CRTs that will cook your brains, but just don't.

They literally do. The phosphor takes time to return to ground state and stop emitting light. This was definitely a thing on all CRTs I ever used. Not that it bothered me, and it probably wouldn't bother me on OLEDs either.

Do you even know what electrons are? Hurpa durr

Will I get cancer if I eat a banana?
It has radiation!!!

You don't know what you're talking about, and I'm the one arguing against CRTs radiating you, but there's a reason they use leaded glass. It's not the electrons that hit you, but when they are accelerated to 5+ keV and strike a surface, X-ray photons are emitted. It works just like an X-ray tube, except the anode isn't optimized for X-ray emission.

Your point being

How many hours a day do you spend eating bananas, user?

Think before you post.

>what is digestion

Nice trips.
People wear sunscreen to protect against that very radiation. There ain't sunscreen for your eyes unless you wear sunglasses when on your monitor.
I mean, I get what you mean, but I'm just trying to say that it's really not worth the risk.
I've used a couple of CRTs in the past, and maybe I just used the shittiest displays, but there really isn't much difference between LCDs and CRTs or LEDs and CRTs. Eyes strain faster as well.

You don't get tired, do you?

>Technology board
>Scared of muh CRT radiation
>Constantly puts a cellphone next to their fucking heads

?

The 23rd century ships like the enterprise use CRT's.

>microwaves
>an electron gun
>implying those are in any way similar

>People wear sunscreen to protect against that very radiation.
>People wear sunscreen to protect against X-rays
Say again?
>but I'm just trying to say that it's really not worth the risk.
What I'm saying is that there is no risk, and you're acting like the kind of idiot who's afraid of having a fire alarm since there are radioactive substances in it.

>sitting in front of a well shielded lead screen, at least 1m away is harmful
>microwaves literally next to your head isn't
?

>microwaves literally next to your head isn't
Not the one you're replaying to, but yes, correct.

>tfw you can no longer play your retro games on your CRT monitor because Sup Forums told you it's bad for you

That LCD on the right is literally the very very very early versions of LCDs that were based on TFT technology and were complete garbage.

Technology has advanced a ton in the last 10 years, grandpa.

>he doesn't use leaded sunscreen

they melt your eyes, literally.

And it's still fucking shit
youtube.com/watch?v=1AHDZqMuvgM

So do LCDs

it's just one autist shitposting. Don't fall for his shit

>crt facing straight at the camera
>lcd facing up and to the left
>gee why does this lcd look so awful

Isn't Sup Forums 99% autists?

You must be an expert in the field of CRT monitors then
>I used a couple in the past

yes but mr. "mah x-rays" is just one paranoid autist. i wouldn't take him seriously if I were you

>Technology has advanced a ton in the last 10 years, grandpa
Let the 15 year old super genius speak, he knows better than anyone

>Used large CRTs for 30 years, basically sat on computer all day.
>Sill have 21/20 vision, no glasses
>Family used to say "You'll damage your eyes"
>Family all wear glasses now

The sun is probably more damaging to your eyes.

If that was accurate both those screens would look the same on my monitor.

>based on TFT technology
Are you insinuating that modern LCDs aren't?

>The sun is probably more damaging to your eyes.
>probably
It very definitely is. All that UV is all kinds of bad.

Dude, super genius . . . All knowing

Can we bury the CRT already and say F
We know its long dead
We need to let it rest.
We know that its a great monitor
And we know that it has served you well
We know that you have good times together
But please for the love of what greater omniscient being out there
If there is at least one or not
JUST LET IT GO.
>insert "let it go" soundtrack

>TN panels have shit colors and view angles
>IPS have shitty glow and response time
>VA have good contrast but shit everything else
>OLED will never get fixed
>QLED is another HDR tier meme
>All +60Hz monitors are "premium gaming" shit that's expensive for no reason
>Propietary anti-blur technology that should be on the monitor instead of your nvidia gpu
>SED died for this

J U S T

>tfw nobody uses IPS panels in flagship phones anymore despite oled being a a raging dumpster fire for everything except having good blacks, especially burn in
I miss my Nexus 5's screen, it was perfect.

I've used my phone for 2+ hours each day for the past 3 years and it shows no sign of burn in. Nice FUD.

Stop using arcade CRTs then

You can't know if he's a nigger.

Once OLEDs take up the market

OLED is the new plasma

Perfect black and great refresh rates

I don't understand what point you're trying to make by showing us a picture of two black screens.

>burn-in after 2 weeks
>lost half the brightness in 1 month

That's not how CRTs work.
You're blasting a beam of electrons into a layer of phosphor, exciting it and that blasts photons into your eyes.

With the tiny amount x-rays, that's almost non-existent compared to other sources of x-rays you are faced with every single day.

uh
I still use CRTs because input lag is important to my career.

You sure? I've used a OLED display for two years, can't really see anything wrong with it.
Specially with it being an old OLED screen from years ago, compared to other and nwer ones I have, it's no worse.

Shit bait.

There's a reason why there are no OLED monitors

My old pixel 1 xl had burn in issues within 6 months.

So, like a CRT?

Pretty much, when you leave it on for a month straight with the same picture.
After two weeks you get burnin, after 1 month, it's going to degenerate because the constant heat.

I left a Trinitron VGA monitor on once for over a month, with the shutdown dialog.
It has the shutdown dialog now burned in. I was sure I shut it down but nope, it was on for all the time in my vacation home.

an OLED would have the burn-in after 30 minutes

>Sill have 21/20 vision, no glasses
Used to think like this until I actually wengot checked.

>There's a reason why there are no OLED monitors
could you explain me to me?

btw, why do good monitors have retared stands like the asus 34 inches, why can't they use simply small stads and not 5 feet leggs

>comparing an old shitty low end LCD to a high end CRT

When I can find a reliable source that doesn't involve illegally diving into e-waste dumpsters. Because that's the ONLY place I see CRTs now.

>SED died for this
Why did SED die, actually? Was it just more expensive, or what?

when will the poorfags justifying their poverty meme die?

Are there any good (not $500+) AMOLED/OLED Monitors.

I think they would have black smear by default and burn in right?

Sitting close to CRTS and Sunlight/looking at welding will seriously fuck up your eyes. Cause eyestrain at the very least. That's why my glasses has that Transitions applied to them, filters out all the bad shit that comes with sunlight. No fucking cataracts for me think you. They fucking blast your eyes with a lazier beam to get rid of that shit, do you really want to be strapped in a chair with a lazier beam poking around your eye socket?

My Galaxy S3 Mini has very noticable burn-in, particularly from the alarm clock.

One of them is clearly beige.

>ultrawide
Regardless of anything else, you should start by killing yourself.

Patent trolled.

To be honest I miss my single monitor CRT battlestation. Shitposting on that thing just felt authentic, and it was a part of my childhood.

>I've used a couple of CRTs in the past, and maybe I just used the shittiest displays, but there really isn't much difference between LCDs and CRTs or LEDs and CRTs. Eyes strain faster as well.

Not going to deny the eye strain part, had horrible headaches that went away the day I got an lcd

I had 2 crt monitors, and 1 lcd so far, my lcd is a syncmaster t240hd

I had no motion blur on my two crts, my syncmaster from day fucking 1 was my biggest issue was all the fucking motion blur.

When LED monitors become cheaper.

Tech illiteracy at it's finest.

Disregarding anything else regarding the 4:3 form factor on CRTs specially for gayming.
Ultrawide, high resolution, high DPI, etc, are all good for productivity. Shit on it as much as you wish.

Don't necro old tech. Marked as closed.

Because CRTs can't do this.

>could you explain me to me?
OLEDs are organic (that's what the O stands for) and degrade over time. This is why OLED screens can burn in. The blue diodes die much faster than the green and red diodes do as well. On a phone there aren't many static elements other than maybe the status bar, but even these days that changes colors.
On a desktop you likely have your windows arranged in a specific way, a dock/taskbar, icons, and all sorts of static elements that will quickly burn into the display in as little as a few years, maybe even a few months in some cases.

it has
oled
wake up to the new age fucknugget

The top image looks better

youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I

499 USD

>Also when they stop suffering from burn-in.
LCDs have plenty of problems with burn in, especially if you use a 4K TV as a large format monitor. My Samsung 6950 has horrible problems with burn in. At least it goes away on its own eventually.

Yes, mangling typefaces and keeping them blurry is way better. I bet you also think hexagonal subpixel arrangements are also superior.

There was some new CRT tech a while back where instead of a single big emitter, there would be a really small one for every pixel, but it got canned for some reason. Probably because they can make more money milking LCD tech.

>halation, causing contrast and saturation shortfall in typical monitor work
>limited brightness of 80-120 cd/m2
>no polarizer, causing poor perceptual contrast in ordinary lighting environments

CRTs were presenting a perceived contrast of like 50:1 in office environments.

I think that monitor was MVA type so it was probably doing about 500:1. 800:1 of calibrated IPS is not that far off.

>could you explain me to me?
OLEDs degrade with applied current, So they have a maximum brightness where burn in can be prevented within a given lifetime. That brightness is too low for office work.>SED died for this
Maybe it shouldn't require high temperatures and a vacuum to produce.

>OLEDs are organic (that's what the O stands for) and degrade over time. This is why OLED screens can burn in

IIRC they mostly lose brightness from metals migrating from the electrodes to the emission layer where they quench the emission.

>The blue diodes die much faster

Because they use more current.

Prolly when we finally have a practical, affordable hologram

youtu.be/wOLgtHd1HII

What about laser?

Wtf is all this burn in you're talking about in oleds? I have samsung galaxy s4 that i had for last 5 years and there's no burn in whatsoever.

As soon as you can post a picture that doesn't compare a shitty 10-15 year old LCD to a good CRT.