What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/?src=ss
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-tabs/?src=ss
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/javascript-control/?src=search
github.com/bohoomil/fontconfig-ultimate/issues/191#issuecomment-289799221
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's relatively fast. However, the lack of add-ons is infuriating.

fast

looks like you're in for some browsing

Thanks, I'll just stick with Chrome, then.

You're in for a good time, ublock works, umatrix works, noscript works, tampermonkey works.

You're good to go

Since when does noscript work?

On PC it's still in the teething phase because so many addons have yet to be updated and we still can't change the UI. I fucking hate this white scroll bar. Also, for some reason the Sup Forums style keeps resetting when I refresh the page so I had to inspect element and copy/paste the style into Stylus

Sup Forums x doesn't work with Violentmonkey but if you import the Sup Forums X chrome extension with the Chrome Store Foxified addon you won't have to worry about comparability.

On Android phones firefox is the best browser because you can import the Sup Forums x extension but the menus are all fucked up so you'll have to twist and pinch your screen until you can tick the options you need.

That's profile corruption and/or a Windows specific bug. Styles will set normally for me on Linux.

I hate the new icon. Also, it broke tree style tabs. What the fuck do I use now?

Also 4chanX works just fine with violentmonkey. ur doin it rong

Easier to plug in a mouse in that case with an otg cable.

A New. Fast. Fierce. web browser by Mozilla.

Enjoy.

Is anyone else having problems with pages just not responding for a couple of seconds? I'm noticing an increased usage of cpu while it's happening, too.

>4chanX works just fine with violentmonkey

No it doesn't, not on PC, and especially not on phones.

I actually like it so far. I had put Firefox on the shelf a while back cuz I didn't like but so far so good with this new update. Feels really fast.

Also, it broke tree style tabs. What the fuck do I use now?
Tree style tabs
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/?src=ss

tree tab
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-tabs/?src=ss

Then how am I using it?

I don't know, how about you tell us? What version of firefox, 4chanx, and violent monkey?

you can't drag and drop tabs

Firefox: 58.0b4 (beta)
4chanX: 1.13.14.8
Violentmonkey: 2.8.18

>Chrome Store Foxified
Holy shit. I love this extension.

wtf the new tab page is so small

fucking ugly ui. seems faster tho

No compatible noscript yet. That's my biggest complaint.

Apparently its being worked on
I still prefer uMatrix though

You profile is fucked.
Sup Forums-X DOES work with violentmonkey.
Styles work perfectly fine, with or without Sup Forums-x

Get a new profile, you are the problem.

Who the fuck still uses noscript?
uMatrix exists.

Wow! What a great browser.

Get a new profile and use violentmonkey.
It werks on my machine :^)

Sincerely hope you meant chromium

this happened to me.

i uninstalled grease monkey, quit ff, reinstalled greasemonkey and Sup Forums x and now it works

Umatrix doesn't provide XSS attack protection, among other useful stuff. Plus, the user interface is retarded.

I'm not getting this error, but my 4chanx is also freaking the fuck out.

To me umatrix is more intuative

I find umatrix easier to use, plus it doesnt try to unblock ads unlike noscript

Have they released any patches or anything yet? It was down right unusable for me making me go back to 56.

1. my new tab tiles were wrecked
2. the new tab was full of alerts and trends and shit I don't need
3. my new tabe tiles are still wrecked
4. rearranged my header bar
5. rolling back left my header bar rearranged
6. wish I had a screenshot so I don't have to guess
7. tab tiles are still fucked in the ass
8. everything is broken
9. posting rn from chrome

seriously when I have a 4x3 grid and youtube is the middle left and you change my 12 to 5 and make them postage stamp sized, then I can only get back 10 at the fucking MOST EVER and 5x2 has youtube second leftmost bottom row? fucking maddening.

10. everything is fucking squared as hell, like some eyesore shit right out of the 90s

>2. the new tab was full of alerts and trends and shit I don't need

You can set it back to about:blank fairly easily, can't you?

>implying any addons are working at all

>implying I want to focus on the url bar type y then click get to youtube

Impossible to properly hide scrollbars. And broken extensions.

You can also easily set it to a homepage of you're own design.

Mine are hidden

I can hide my main ones with a userChrome.css but it causes webpages that don't have them normally to be rendered larger than the window. It also doesn't hide internal scrollbars on divs n' shit

idiot

why the fuck do my oneechan settings keep getting reset. I think I'm retarded because no one else apparently has this issue.

Guys, how long are you planning to hold on to version 56? Will i be unsafe if i keep going un-updated for, say, 6 months?

An unforgivable atrocity.

Some default adblock filters block Sup Forums X, so maybe that is why? It's not like you really need adblock on Sup Forums with 4chanX/Oneechan, so I've disabled it.

If you're going to do that, move to ESR.

An incredible piece of software.

57 ships their parallel CSS engine. Speed wise, it's already on par with chrome and it uses about 30% less memory.

58 will ship Webrender, a GPU powered parallel renderer. Nothing will be able to compete then, everything else is single threaded.

>Guys, how long are you planning to hold on to version 56?
I wish I could have held on to it. Mozilla raped my machine and forcibly installed 57.
Why does software think it has authority over hardware anyway? Software is literally last in command in computer technology ffs

>An incredible piece of software.
Spotted the Mozilla dev
FF57 is just a shitty Chrome copy
Stop trying to justify Quantum, it is hands down the worst move Mozilla has made in a long time, even though they have been steadily killing their flagship browser in small steps for years now.

> ITT, people crying about shitty extensions

using it right now, I had a ton of tabs from before and things are running noticeably faster

It was noticeably faster and smoother but losing 75% of my addons was pure, inexcusable shit so I went back to 56. Hell losing FireGestures alone was enough to make me go back.

They managed to make it faster and lighter than Chrome.

Not much of an accomplishment since Chrome has been a bloated piece of shit for years, but still.

>been using Chrome for the last year
>Firefox was slow as fuck when on Bing or watching any video
>Quantum drops, everything is blazing fast

Think I'll switch back soon. Chrome is so shit. Taking up like 1.5 million memory right now with only 6 tabs open.

>bing

botnet

have you actually taken the time to add up the MB from all the chrome processes and compare to Firefox?

in my case, running the same exact plugins, same exact webpages, etc. Chrome 64 was taking up 940MB and Firefox 58 was using around 960.

56 was way faster than Quantum, 57 is cancer sheet.
Shame on you Noobzilla

Several weeks ago I installed waterfox and transferred over my profile, as a backup and for legacy extensions. Then I removed firefox and installed nightly with a fresh profile and that's what I've been using with 4chanx and violentmonkey. Everything works perfectly and I'm happy with the performance upgrades, and all it took was being a little bit prepared

Quantum is pretty good, way better than old FF, but it's still lacking. If only Cuckzilla allocated more resources into R&D instead of saving muh homeless transnigger womyn...

>everything is fucking squared as hell, like some eyesore shit right out of the 90s
Really? I love the new design. It's unironically better than any other browser out there. Edge does it too, but has slow animations in exchange for some faggy "smooth" look. Quantum's design is still definitely better than Chrome's, which is still stuck in ages old skeuromorphism (when you hover over the tabs and they make it look like blurred glass) and doesn't even bother to update their right click from 2002. Quantum's design is modern, takes up as little space as possible and lets you configure everything to make it literally as efficient as possible.

What went wrong?

It's fine. It kills your addons but you should be migrating away from browser culture anyway. This sounds a lot like rationalisation, but it's what I've been doing. Instead of addons I've been writing python scripts to do what I want but better.

faster every day my nibba

>Won't hide tab bar with one tab

Redpill me on GreaseMonkey vs TamperMonkey vs ViolentMonkey for Firefox 57?

Greasemonkey 4 lacks a lot of features right now and Tampermonkey has analytics packaged with it. Violentmonkey is the best choice at the moment.

Thanks

How to fuck do I get one click bookmarking back? Its so fucking stupid you have to go through the library to access anything, cant even click on the open menu button to get access to history. Also new tabs take up too much room even with smallest density. Overall the performance increase is cool but I hope someone makes a 56 style as soon as possible.

on linux you can easily have the previous icon
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164411#answer-978198
just get any previous version

no - linux mozilla build

you mean the tiles? see see the CTR guy's github

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/javascript-control/?src=search

So... 4chanX works in threads, but not on boards' pages. Anyone know why?

Cotton thread is easier to cut through than plywood board.

I cant just click it and have it bookmark something, all that does is open up the bookmark toolbar (of which then you have to select which folder which is annoying too), if your talking about the history thing sure but id rather it just be in the menu.

there is a bookmark icon in the url field by default
if you don't have it you can add it by clicking the . . . dots there - right click the bookmark icon - add

If you mean catalog than no, it works for me

Not the catalog, that's fine. Just the board's page. I'll click on Sup Forums, and I'm at the main page, and 4chanX doesn't work/activate, but if I go into a thread, then it works fine.

Ah there it is, that helps a bit.

Absolutely nothing.

Durr

They fucked up the UI again.

For me sometimes Sup Forums X doesn't activate inside threads. I have to refresh the page (CTL+R) in order to activate Sup Forums X and it's fucking annoying.

Greasemonkey is pure shit coded by an actual jew (Israeli)

>Have to actually fix greasemonkey and tampermonkey with his own script
>violentmonkey just werks out of the box

where did the screenshot function go?

expect a lot of broken shit

AVOID.

Although it's faster, it fucks up all your add-ons and UI. If you don't care about your customization getting fucked up, then it's alright.

Ur in a for a shitshow.

for me it updated automatically

HOW DO I GO BACK?

in the new ... dots
and in when you right click on the page
and in F12 dev thing
weird they removed(?) the icon from customize

How do I get firefox font rendering to look nice? It's so ugly compared to chrome.

I'm a Chromium user and what the fuck are you talking about?

Font rendering is the best on Firefox and pure shit on Chrome/Chromium.

this user is right chrom forces its own thing which can be good if your fonts are shit but it bad overall
firefox uses your system font settings - if your os is linux and your freetype is 2.7+ look here github.com/bohoomil/fontconfig-ultimate/issues/191#issuecomment-289799221

>squared tabs
>2017
I'm gonna commit sudoku!

Soros.