Can we all agree now that this is the only phone you'll ever need? What do you *really* need your smartphone for, Chad?

Can we all agree now that this is the only phone you'll ever need? What do you *really* need your smartphone for, Chad?

Jelly /spg/ faggots welcome :^)

>can’t take selfies
>can’t use iMessage
>can’t use Snapchat
>can’t browse the full HTML web, forced to use WAP style pages like its 2007
>can’t use Instagram
>can’t facetime, skype or video call
>no apps
>cant edit video
>can’t edit images
>No touch input
>no conference calls
That’s just the beginning

that's the point

> (OP)
> (OP)
>>can’t botnet
>>can’t use botnet
>>can’t use botnet
>>can’t browse the full botnet
>>can’t use botnet
>>can’t botnet, botnet or botnet
>>no botnet
>>cant edit botnet
>>can’t edit botnet
>>No botnet input
>>no botnet
>That’s just the beginning
FTFY

Are you trying to imply those are all bad things?

>can't take selfies
Good.
>can't use iMessage / Snapchat / Instagram / Facebook / Skype / Video Call Service botnets
Good.....are you retarded?
>can't browse the full HTML web
You can't even do this on a regular smart phone with all the lag, cramped screen real estate, etc. Everyone goes to a real computer to do this.
>no apps
But that's no true, you can sideload java apps.
>can't edit video or images
Implying anyone does this on a smartphone
>no touch input
That's a good thing. one less thing to break or have to replace when it fails
>no conference calls
Who starts a conference call from their fucking cell phone? Yeah, great idea when your connection drops and all participants are ejected. You run that shit on a stable land-line and conference *IN* from the phone.

>not a clam shell

Fuck that gay shit.

>no WiFi
>16MB internal storage
>3G only just introduced
>T9 keyboard
>shitty snake remake
>costs as much as a cheap android with less features
>240x320 screen like its 2007
>no gps
>Symbian
>Nokia’s 150 has all the phones features at less than half the price
>cheap marketing stunt
>shit rear camera

Just giving you reasons why this sucks compared to a smartphone as per your OP question.

Botnet is a Sup Forums meme for “I don’t like it/ use it” so it’s not an argument.

You can browse the full web and I do it daily on my phone and it works perfectly. Stop buying poor phones and get something good.

Sideloading JAVA apps of all things? Seriously?

Editing video or images is done daily by people on smartphones, check the top apps on iOS and Play Store, absolutely full of them.

More buttons = more points of failure, so your touch screen comments are invalid.

Lots of people start Skype/FaceTime conference calls. Companies increasingly use VoIP over traditional calling because of the added benefits. Just because you’re out of touch with the world.

>muh Reddit spacing
Naa, I just can’t be arsed to quote your stupidity, so instead I will divide my post up appropriately to address each point. Something people have been doing in email for years.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Im a lazy faggot I want to have a full physical qwerty phone user :(

me too, user. *sighs* me too....

(You)

I legitimately want a dumbphone with a simple browser, email client, and the ability to run Signal or other similar messenger apps.
Music app optional.
I hate that I have to get some gigantic fucking overpowered smartphone that will turn to shit in 2 years because it stops getting updates to do these basic things. I don't WANT 9 billion apps on my phone or to play games or watch youtube videos or any of that shit. I want to make calls, message people, check my email, and be able to do google searches.

I don't know fuck all about UMPCs. Are those only memes or worth any investigation?

I haven't kept up with UMPC developments since like 2010. They were dogshit back then, but so were netbooks, Qualcomm and Intel have really stepped up their mobile chip game since then.
Afaik nobody really broke good ground on the pocket-sized UMPC market.

>Botnet is a Sup Forums meme for “I don’t like it/ use it”

yeah I see this word thrown casually around all the time yet the grievances never go more than skin deep. what is your REAL problem with the "botnet" when it comes down to it?

>no instagram
>no maps
DROPPED

Cheap androids are fucking hell. I'd rather buy a dumbphone than a shit fucking cheap android.

You are so out of touch with the real world.

Any form of internet messaging is essential nowadays.
Here's one real world example: devs use Slack extensively for real time communication and collaboration. Not having a smartphone capable of running slack can set you back enormously.

> I can run it on muh thinkpad
You don't keep your thinkpad on at all times and cannot efficiently use it for that purpose.

Not enough weeaboo for me.
I'll stick with picrelated.

Knowledge is power, and someone with a knowledge advantage over you has a power advantage over you. Being at the whims of a powerful entity is step 1 to being a slave.

I use a flip phone.

>>>/reddit/ you have to go to back

if this phone didn't have the name it does, nobody would give two fucks.

I own one. It's great. SMS and calls and I am good to go.

what anime girl is that

I would because >30days battery. I am just to lazy to charge it everyday. Also everyone who asks me for social-shit sees my phone, realizes that I am not normal and stays the fuck away from me. That's a plus for me.

Cirno from the Touhou games.

ye can u post that pic

10 seconds in google.

For fuck's sake, user. I consider my smartphone an essential device with tons of handy features that I use and you listed none of them. Well, one. Browsing with a real browser instead of WAP.

>ignored my other post here:

Nice lack of arguments.

They're decent for the basics.

No grils will fuck you or send you nudes though

Not the one you were replying but I also don't see something bad with I don't care about the camera and as long as 16 mb are enough for one ringtone, one alarm sound and a simple background I am happy. GPS was always off on my old phone, I never used it. The only thing that is sad to me is that there is no wifi because I used a ftp to transfer files to my pc. Anyways there is a cable for this.
I am owning the 2G one because fuck you, germany supports it (vodafone) at least until end of 2020 and I doubt they will stop supporting it because of all the old people with their SOS-shit in their homes.
Of course it is a marketing stunt, but I really like it. As I said early, calls and sms, 30 days battery life and no social shit are the reasons I bought it.

>need
I don't have a phone. Get on my level

>3310
no its the new 105 dual sim

This was meant as a joke/collectors item. Leave it to Sup Forums to praise it and give it honors.

I wish I could get an android flip phone but none of them work on US carriers iirc.

Botnet has become memeic.

nice features. I got them all on my nokia 150, feels good mate

>t. pajeet

Who really own this? I want real user exp, that only anonymous fags can give me.

>Any form of internet messaging is essential nowadays.
as messenger, line, whatsapp?
No. fake need. You don't have to be connected 24/7.
>devs use Slack
codemonkeys use slack.
developers use irc and connect to slack.
email with direction. face to face with manager.
>Not having a smartphone capable of running slack can set you back enormously.
how? I work 9-5 with some extra time but during my free time they can fuck off, I'm not their fucking tool.
They have test servers to break things. People need times off to be productive, absolutly everyone, no exceptions. I don't force my team to be joignable 24/7, we send mail or irc.

>You don't keep your thinkpad on at all times and cannot efficiently use it for that purpose.
No dev is dumb enough to wake at 4 am and start working for his company, right?

well back to blackberry with us then

>can’t take selfies
>can’t use iMessage
>can’t use Snapchat
>can’t browse the full HTML web, forced to use WAP style pages like its 2007
>can’t use Instagram
>cant edit video
>No touch input
>no conference calls
>can’t facetime, skype or video call

huh, that's funny

>No. fake need. You don't have to be connected 24/7.
You do if you have a job, a family, and friends in 2017.

I've come to enjoy browsing Clover on the shitter tobehonest

One of the main things I need when I'm out and about is access to maps and bus timetables. Not so easy to do on a mobile.

Also I read a lot, sometimes papers (for which I need Dropbox) or just the Internet (in which case I need a decent screen.

What I really need is a mobile for making phone calls and a good battery life, and a smartphone for all the other stuff that I use it for. But I don't want to carry two devices, so the smartphone wins.

> Can we all agree now that this is the only phone you'll ever need?
Yes, if you're over 80 yo or the only people you communicate with don't mind you using voice calls and standard text messages exclusively.
> What do you *really* need your smartphone for, Chad?
Work, meetings' organization, documents' writing and editing, socials.

This phone would have been amazing if Nokia had preinstalled a stand-alone version of Whatsapp or Facebook on it. As the phone is now, it's only useful to a very thin range of the population.

My job as a programmer doesn't require any of this. My family behaves like me, we sit together while eating 3 times a day and talk. My friends only use skype, ts3 and mumble.

I heard you can buy physical maps and print out bus time tables. For reading there's books.