Post speccy

Just finalized my build, happy with how it's running and with the price of the build.

>AMD house fires.

Liquid cool his cpu, call other housefire

post loop

I've been thinking about a CPU/mobo/RAM upgrade soon.

Also, shit, I need to clean the filters on my case or something, these temps are kinda high.

Fuck, of course I forgot the pic.

Gtx960 House-fire placeholder.

all inclusive...i really need to get rid of this gpu

Nice setup, but it deserves 16gb of RAM user.

It was made when I was a LED gaymer fag.
GPU is not the same as in pic.
I want to redo it when a worth while CPU comes out.

Original house fire.

Upgrade room warmer

You do.

I agree, it'll get the other 8 soon. I was hoping RAM prices would drop a bit, $100 for 8gb is insane. I remember paying $40 for 8gb back when I built my first PC.

As gaymur PCs go that's not bad. Which direction is that fluid flowing, though? I'm not a water cooling expert but having the GPU upstream of the CPU seems kinda wonky to me.

Nice to see other Ryzen builds. Wish I could have justified the 1700, but the piece to performance ratio of the 1600 is just too good to pass up.

Red is such an unappealing color to me, the power and hdd leds on my case are red and it drives me insane.

Nice loop though. I like the braided power cables.

Man that case layout is so nice but i can get over the price and how weird it looks on the outside

Clean build, the red LEDs are a bit much, but I get it. My first build was gaymer flashy as well. Went full stealth this time around, not a single LED and soundproofed enclosure with silent fans. My one regret is saving money on the PSU, I should have bought a better one.

When I can be fucked to change out that 960 and get a cheapo host card im going to take a shot at Wendel's passthrough setup.

If it fails I can just default back to how its set up now.

My old activity lights were blue and they drove me insane. This time around I just didn't plug them in, not like you need the LEDs anyway.

Good luck user.

>GPU upstream of the CPU seems kinda wonky to me.
I've done tests with the CPU and GPU first, it makes ZERO difference in temps.
Brainlets can't understand that.

>Red is such an unappealing color
Fair enough, the LEDs can be switched to any color or even off.

His CPU actually has a higher TDP than OPs.
Why single channel?
Why? Its probably the best R9 290 after the Vapor-X. Its just too weak for that 4K (if you game on it). I would seriously consider a 1080 Ti if you want 4K. I've had the past two generations flagship cards, both were shit.

4K TV is offline, 2nd PC is offline because no Internet. I'm using a Telekom Speedstick until next monday.
What kind of TV offers genuine 144 Hz?
Poor guy, I would not even use 2 GB for office builds in 2018. You should upgrade. Windows XP is insecure as fuck.

Or is this a 2nd build to run old programs/games and you're just trolling with it?

Forgot pic

Should I ride this system out for a bit or upgrade mb and cpu?(and maybe gpu)

Might try overclocking when i get a better cooler this has a cheap $12 cooler in it (thermaltake gravity i2)

Rate? It's not really a nas quite yet.

I'm not sure what to use this pc for, it's just collecting dust in my closet.

I might get a cheap gpu and use this as a htpc / lite gaming machine.

Shitposting machine, also dual booting Xubuntu.

16c? fuck your room must be cool

first of all try getting your screen to 60 hz , the mouse lag on 30 is terrible

lel at that res 29hz is as good as he'll get.

For what? 4 cores are i3 tier 2018 but its enough for 60 Hz. And your CPU isn't bad. Upgrade to Ryzen if you render, otherwise only upgrade the GPU if you need it.
What happened to your GPU driver?
If this is a NAS build, it looks similar like mine. i5 3rd gen, 6 GB RAM, small SSD and HDDs.
It gets ready for retirement. Keep it if you ever need a Windows XP or legacy system.
Exactly my problem, I need a GPU that is affordable for my HTPC and runs 4K over HDMI 2.0. Why is there no 1030 for 30 €? I would buy it with 1 GB DDR3. Or a GT 1010. Those low end cards are shitty and overpriced but I don't need another gaming card. Older cards aren't an option because they don't have HDMI 2.0. I might consider a GTX 960 when I get one for 50 € or less.
My GT 530 can output 4K with 30 Hz but it lags horribly, also HEVC videos lag. I use it upscaled 1080p on my 4K TV. Looks like shit but mostly I watch 1080p movies and videos. I hope good GPUs come soon. Otherwise I'll invest and buy the 1150 Ti. 1060 performance with 4-8 GB without external power would come handy as a backup/guest GPU.

>I need a GPU that is affordable for my HTPC and runs 4K over HDMI 2.0

try used amd cards , stuff like the HD 7750

But they don't have HDMI 2.0. Only Pascal, Maxwell and RX 400+ have that.

I looked it up, 1050 2 GBs are usually 100+, 970s 120+, RX 470 150+. Way too much especially for old used cards. I would prefer a newer one for better drivers and less power draw.

I might consider Ryzen if they finally bring Raven Ridge. I won't downgrade my i5 to a Pentium. I even thought about getting an i7, because I sometimes open large archives and it would improve its performance. This PC is my NAS, download server and movie playback machine.

Main pc
Will post the bed posting machine next

Bed pc, hope the shot came out ok I took it from the bed

Liquid Cooled or air cooled? The air cooled model does not seem to provide VRM heatsinks for the motherboard.

Also
>custom theme
dude

Air

how did you enable the Intel HD whilst the 1080 is connected?

I dunno lol, there's probably a setting in the bios for it
There is on my bed pc (I mention since it's also dell)
Used it for pci pass-through, I think being enabled was just on by default on the Alienware

Going to OC some more soon.
I'll maybe stop at 1.6-1.65V.

1.6 degrades it already over time , 1.6 will kill it

Why OC this shitbox? You won't be able to game on that graphics card except DX9 titles anyway. Looks like a solid browsing / HTPC experience.

You sure? It's 1.45V stock.
And I already ran it at 1.6V for a couple months, went down because I didn't really need the processing power (still don't actually, but cpu fan is quieter now, shouldn't be able to hear a difference).

I could use more power on GPU, but PCI-E can only feed this much...

>You won't be able to game
I already do. Of newer AAAs: Fallout 4, ARK. It's all smooth sailing. Don't even need to cut resolution, runs fine on native.
DX9 things like modded skyrim run at capped 60 fps and almost never dip lower.

>Why OC
Why not? It's free, unlike upgrading.

But at lowest settings? I really wonder, its a 1 GB GPU and games like ARK are unoptimized and demanding.

Yes, but 10 % on a GPU that would do 5 FPS is nothing, I would invest into a better GPU. Even for 20 €, you could get a GTX 650 Ti or 660.

Also, did you try unlocking your CPU? Its free performance. This CPU is weak but it will do the job for older titles. Maybe buy a 670 and enjoy.

If you have spare RAM slots look for donated RAM, you can get 2 GB DIMMs for free nowadays. Only shitty 1333 DIMMs, but its better than nothing.

>at lowest settings?
Yes, ARK and Fallout 4 at close to lowest. Modded skyrim far above maximum though.
I don't really get it, new games' graphics don't even look that much better on max (I've seen it), why are they *so* much more demanding?

>invest into a better GPU
Used GPUs are extremely expensive here.
You can buy a solid car for 50% more than a 670. Not even joking.

>did you try unlocking your CPU?
Mobo doesn't support it.

>This CPU is weak but it will do the job for older titles
It will do the job for all titles. I get a warning that it may be too weak when running Planetary Annihilation and that 4 cores are minimum, yet it runs flawlessly even when hosting locally.
Doesn't even get to 100% load. It's funny really. Only component that has really dated is the GPU, and it's been close to 7 years.

>look for donated RAM
Out of everything I do the only thing that uses more than 3 GB is ARK.
In every other case it rarely exceeds 2 GB. Stays under 1.5 GB 90% of the time.
I'm perfectly fine on RAM front. If anything I'd change 1x 4 to 2x 2 to utilize dual-channel.

IM BURNING UP AAAAAA

>not having 32 GB RAM
Are you even computering?

Winter space heater master race reporting in!

I could ask the same about having a quad core without threads.

16 GB is totally fine unless you are running a shitload of VMs. RAM prices are insane currently.

Keeps my toes warm

>32 C
>House fire

c'mon....

What should I upgrade first??

Winter Is Coming xD

LETS SEE THOSE BUILDS FAGGOTS

xd

did you forget to set your ram frequencies