Discuss

Discuss

>look mom i posted it again!

Money

Not realizing macintosh is the only computer to be certified to be unix by at&t

>>look mom i posted it again!

he became gay

Really? 2017 and you're still triggered by people coming out? When reading the before side it's pretty clear he was 100% gay to begin with.

> A picture point out a few facts and quotes = homophobia
You are a real fucking dropkick.

nothing more sad than a man losing his hair

>implying what at&t thinks is relevant
the official unix certification is basically pay a lot of money, get a gold star. there's a reason only Apple bothers doing it.

And anyone with a functioning brain knows that doesn't mean diddly squat

stop shilling go with subliminal ads

Why do fags think others care about their degeneracy?

he was for networking since about 1991

Actually a lot of what be learned from limbo and plan9 went into the design of go, and he has more side projects than you probably realise, also networked and distributed computing has literally always been his main goal so I don't see how that's changed at all

biased pic that does not reflect reality
but his fashion style looks like middle age crisis

Kinda think if you want to remain at google you need to become soy or they'll turn against you

>I want no local storage anywhere near me.
That's exactly what plan9 was devised for though

his wife is a famous cartoonist and drew glenda and whatever the go hamster is called

this

all balding tech testlets have the same johnny ive reptilian look

Pike was always a weirdo desu.

he came out. good for him.

This. He got so rich that all fucks have been abandoned and he has ultimate freedom to do and be anything.

>and he has ultimate freedom to do and be anything.
And he decided to be a retard.
So many things that could be done for the better of society, towards society, and one decides to be a spotlight whore instead.
I don't get it.

A spotlight whore? Are you implying he's the Kim kardashian of computer science?

That's because you aren't rich

no homo but I always wanted to wear fancy wigs since I was a kid and I think dresses look nice too

I imagine it could feel liberating to wear women's clothes every now and then

No. I'm implying he's a spotlight whore.
Someone whose every action boils down to appearance and feeding one's ego.

There's three kinds of people that get birthed out of money:
- Entrepreneurs who build a business which makes society wealthier and helps it.
- Entrepreneurs who build a business which makes them more wealth with relatively varied effects on society.
- Retards who waste it, where he belongs.

The first two groups i can understand, even the second group even in the case where it is destructive to society.
The 3rd however is just pointless and lacking in creativity whatsoever.

Yeah he sure wasted his talent on creating all those things like go that no one ever uses. Give me a fucking break man go is used fucking everywhere in the systems programming world now. I use it at work, I use all kinds of tools built with it.

Wtf are you even trying to say? You surely haven't accomplished .01 percent of what he has and never will.

He created before he turned retarded.
Then he turned retarded and now he is a waste when he could be doing so many more things.

Your reply is besides the point.

Ok please tell us what the point is, what is he doing thats so retarded?

all this hate cause the man wore a pink shirt in one picture

get a grip retard nigger, rob pike has done more for computing than you ever will and was one of the few unix fogies to have another act to his career afterwards

The point is that he is doing nothing anymore and instead has taken up homosexuality as a costume to compensate which is a full-time job of his now.

The point is that OP's picture has two different personalities in it.
The left one is a homosexual man who is natural and doesn't wear his sexuality as the only virtue on himself, and he still had creativity.
The right one is a homosexual man deciding that his sexuality is the defining trait of himself, and he lost creativity and any talent and now is a waste.

Money alone means nothing, it's what you do with it that counts, assuming you matured enough to comprehend this.

You need to calm down user. You are becoming incoherent, throwing inane insults without any meaning.

+1

How do you know he's doing nothing? You have no fuxking clue what he's working on. He's probably started shitnloads of projects that haven't panned out and you haven't heard of them not every project ends up being a home run. He's done enough already anyway, maybe the man wants a fucking break. What kind of arm chair commenter are you anyway?

>How do you know he's doing nothing?
Because he officially declared it and there's nothing with his name on it anymore.
>He's probably
I have no interest in probabilities and wild imagination. I evaluate based on the present.
>He's done enough already anyway
A person is as valuable as their current accomplishments being made, not the past ones.
An accomplished person can become a waste, a waste can become an accomplished person.
A person who is poor can become rich, a rich person can lose all their money and become less than a poor person.

A person like Steve Wozniak got into money and used it to teach children about computers and to fund various projects, and is helping society right now.

The person in this thread got into money and didn't use it for anything, instead becoming an insult to homosexuals with his current retarded state as opposed to the good example he was setting before for the group.

Not only is he wasting his talents, he is also now shedding a negative light on the very group of people he is trying to use as a costume in the most superficial matter. That's the fact of the now, the past doesn't excuse it.

He is still a pretty cool dude.
Go is great. Don't just hate on it before you try it.
The concurrency via channels really is great, but also the standard library is the best I have ever seen.
Reader and writer interfaces being used everywhere is one of the best things about the language.
Before I looked at go I mostly programmed in Haskell, and while some things in Haskell are better (currying (which you have to do explicitly in go...), Monads, etc) it just is completely inconsistent in it's libraries, and memory usage.
With go I usually don't import any 3rd party libraries at all, while with Haskell I always ended up having huge dependencies, often filled with things that do the same (pipes and conduit for example)
Also go has plan9 support, and actually works on other architectures as well.
The new thing he is working on, Upspin seems pretty great.
I never thought about it, but a Universal namespace could actually be really convenient to have.
Plus it's automatically encrypted, and you can run your own directory or storage servers.
my server will likely replace dropbox for all my friends and family.
There are also some other projects I have in mind for it.
Having the architecture for it be so simple and clear makes envisioning all kinds of things one could do with it pretty exciting.
All in all, people slighting him, just don't understand his genius.

It's trash compared to what Rust can do.

>Because he officially declared it and there's nothing with his name on it anymore.
A few days ago he held a talk about his new project though.
Stop being a retard.

retard memer

It is simple and elegant, something Rust can't do.
What can Rust do that Go can't?
Being shitty and shoving it's coc down your throat.
Just kill yourself along with your meme language.
Rust won't replace C++, while go is replacing everything else.

I've seen the project and compared to his past projects it's a stark regress. Don't make me laugh.

Do it. They are cheap on aliexpress.

Any links?

You don't understand it, or you would realize its actually really neat and a great idea.
It's simple, clever and secure.
We need more stuff like this, and not more bloat.
What else should he work on?
Another OS? Even though his last one was fucking excellent and still nobody uses?

I perfectly understand it. It's an old idea which is being done by multiple people and already had projects building up to it without him.
As opposed to his past projects, it's taking an easy ride into something that's already on the way. A regress by all definitions.
The more hilarious thing is that you think this project is genius.

Idolizing a man for his past accomplishments yet not being clear-headed to discern between the now and the past, that's called narrow-mindedness.

>A regress by all definitions.
It's simpler and more consistent then the others, which is what I call progress.
It's a project I can use for my personal life, and something that will find adoption, which is what I care about.
This is all that matters to me.
>and already had projects building up to it without him.
Who cares? You can talk everything small that way.
>yet not being clear-headed to discern between the now and the past
Except I enjoy using his present projects, or can't you read?
I thought I was being clear.
They all lead to computing being less bloated, simpler and more consistent, which is why enjoy using his stuff.