Sup Forums

Sup Forums

What's with the recent influx of 'home assistant' gadgets? Who actually asked for these?

Even normalfags don't use Cortana, Alexa whatever on their phone yet now they want them in their homes apparently? There's a big push by Amazon to sell them on the Black Friday sales.

Is there some sort of agenda here or am I going full tinfoil?

Lazy single moms with 3 kids who want to watch their tv shows instead of actually doing anything

Data mining

How is data mining profitable

>mine data
>sell it
durrrrrrr

The deep state found out how to make wiretaps commonplace, make it into a paid product

>Who actually asked for these?
the (((NSA)))

So you don't think it has anything to do with 5 Eyes?

>steal huge swaths of data
>use an AI to sort it into something useful
>use it to manipulate people's behavior

To who?

Companies that sell stuff?

Governments that want to control populations?

Targeted advertising

>talk about salad spinners with your wife at dinner
>suddenly every ad on every device is for salad spinners

Do you want to go to Mexico, honey?
>"Ding dong! Test our Audibable now, free Spanish courses available!"
>"Ding Dong! The best hidden locations in Mexico. With a 10% rebate for our regular customers."
>"Ding Dong! Our system detected that your condom reserve is running low. If you want to order a new package, please say "Give it to me, Alejandro!"

H...Honey?

People that actually own stuff are easily scared into buying "safeties"

You can sell it. And due to CISA (cyber-security information sharing act) anything a customer puts into a Internet based service can be sold without notifying the customer. So they can go "daughter of the house just had sex and did not wear a condom according to the internal camera or they said it and she's not on the pill... Might be a good idea to notify diaper manufacturers of a potential customer"

The fun thing is that these gadgets answers anything except if you ask if they are connected to the CIA. The Google one just restarts whenever you ask if it's connected to the CIA.

bingo

The CIA is the foreign intelligence service i.e. they worry about the rest of the world for the most part. The FBI is the domestic one.

And then there's the NSA. They just do whatever the fuck they want. That's who you should be worried about

Started with nerds LARPing as star trek
>COMPUTER, STAR DATE, UH, JANUARYTRON TWENTY SECONDTH
>OPEN FOUR CHAN

Expanded into "you didn't know you wanted this" marketing and casual data mining for fun and profit

How do you think amazon and google make money?

>predicting behaviour
>showing relevant ads

Why is Terry worried about the CIA niggers?

In case you couldn't tell, he's seriously mentally ill.

Terry wants a free world not a free USA.

>suddenly every ad on every device is for salad spinners
>he does not block ads network-wide
You deserve to be spied on.

So, you're still getting spied on, you just don't get the ads

I use a google home mini to sync all my multicolour lights

2bh it isn't the most thrilling smart device ever made, but it's more convenient than rewiring the rats' nest that the contractor made

>To who
I think you mean to whom.

There is no need to be pedantic. You understood what they meant.

Huh, got any source for the bold claim there?

you could set up the camera in front of your Tv then set the screen by your computer. maximum comfy

Just try it or look at one of many videos of it on YouTube. It was a meme for a while

Im not American though

Then the NSA and CIA it is!