Defend this amerifats

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Republican_Calendar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_calendar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Upvoted, would like an answer.

You're fucking retarded. How about you explain why your version is better? Didn't think so.

Its self explanatory

Make me

Literally not an argument. OP introduced this issue, it's only fitting that he be the one to explain why his side is better.

American "logic"
>>>>tenmonth
>>>month
>>tenday
>day
>>>>>>>>thousandyear
>>>>>>>hundredyear
>>>>>>tenyear
>>>>>year

European and British "logic"
>>tenday
>day
>>>>tenmonth
>>>month
>>>>>>>>thousandyear
>>>>>>>hundredyear
>>>>>>tenyear
>>>>>year

Why aren't you people using the metric calendar?

There are less months than days and more years than days

Doesn't the American way come from the way you generally pronounce dates in English?

October 31st 1993
10/31/1993

12 months < 28-31 days < infinite years

They literally tried
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Republican_Calendar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_calendar

yyyy/mm/dd would be the best, but dd/mm/yyyy is okay enough. mm/dd/yyyy is just purely retarded.

So what?

You can pronounce it other ways too. It's commonly pronounced the other way, 31st October 1993.

What a shitty logic.

I love you

I measure all my time in decidays. :D

>they still haven't figured out Imperial is to troll nonamericans

00-12
00-31
00-99

Why do Brits use stones instead of kg?

anything else would be silly
other countries seriously don't do this?

Stop.... You've already lost.

>time before date

>not using YMD order
You can't set dates in chronical order by your way, Yuropoors and Murifats. Stop your dickwaving now.

we use it because we're used to it and we're the most powerful country on the planet

yurofags only whine about our traditions because 99% of their technology and modern culture is stolen from us, meanwhile americans don't give a shit what you do

triggered

because it is read

>December 25th, 2016

and less commonly read

>The 25th of December, 2016

we write it like we most commonly say it. i'm not saying it makes the most sense, but it makes a little bit of sense.

Are you sure it is more commonly not read that way because you write it that way? Which one was the first?

Probably whatever the Brits did in 1700.

dd/mm/yyyy is better because you read the day first. The current month and year changes infrequently compared to the day so you already know the month and year

So you celebrate July the fourth, not the fourth of july?

australia bringing the bants

It's more intuitive to go YYYY/MM/DD tbqh.

Defend this australians

Smallest possible number, middle largest possible number, largest possible number.

12 / 31 / 9999

Our way is the perfect pyramid. Yours is the way that's all backwards and fucked up.

I do military style. Great except for non English.
Ex: 12MAY2016

Isn't that just d/m/y with words in it?

It's arbitrary

>this post

Yes, it's also totally unambiguous in any year after 31 A.D.

Well, I have done my military service and completely understand that military systems have to be idiot/tired/mad/lazy/drunk-proof.

>12 months
>28-31 days
>2016 years (and counting)

What's so hard to understand about numerical order?

we celebrate july fourth, not july the fourth

it is formally written as the fourth of july

remember americans are fat and any syllable we eliminate in speech is for EFFICIENCY purposes

not everything australia says is "bantz" tacoboy

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

>real life american literally UNIRONICALLY trying to justify it

I love when one just makes a harmless joke about america and the claps get all defensive, I can tell your feelings are really getting hurt

Oh look, this thread again...

America is fucking weird. Prefer this and metric.

If you are filing papers that are organized by date/month, it is much easier and quicker to look at the first number (the month) and have it say 08, then you open the august folder, and then the second number being the day and you can put it in the cabinet chronologically that way

t. former file organizer (then everything went digital...assholes)

The way it was supposed to be is: April 1, 2011
In this case it does make sense as the year is divided by a comma. Just say it out in yourself and you will realize. Now that they leave off that comma in everyday wring is a problem.
Best and most logical is yyyymmdd, then the american version

Ohh and some government offices do use yyyymmdd in the US. Also, in Europe Hungary uses it this way in everyday life

That's pretty stupid. Just like Fahrenheit.

>doesn't understand what the size of the fields means
So days are bigger than months in the US?

Only if you're some programmer crypto-autist that uses anything other than Windows.

Or even worse a bureaucrat. For ordinary people dd/mm/yyyy is much more intuitive.

I still didn't learn english month names since elementary school, so I guess numbers would do better for me :DDDDD