CS

Is being a computer science major a meme?

Yes.

Get an information management degree.

So you couldn't figure out programming and went for a degree that teaches how to use MS office?

>computer """"""""""""science"""""""""""
No one takes a CS grad seriously.

Programming is a shit tier job for poo-in-loo codemonkeys.
You're an easily replaceable resource and when AI reaches its full capacity you will be out of a job.

Information management is a much more noble and abstract concept. It's about the information flow in organizations and how it can improve business efficiency by creating and managing these flows.
Sorry if this is a little too much for your little "programmer" peanut brain.

I make 220k/year as an information manager. What about you?

Why even shit post like this guy, what are you getting out of this?

Anything with security or information and data is a good field to be in. If you're good with one, then you can do both.
Companies don't want to fix their shit and will use the law to fuck you over. In that case, just take the data and sell it.
If they want to fix it, fix it.
If you have access to the data, use it how you wish.
Play both sides and you'll be set for life.

>shit post
Not even shit posting. I used to be a programmer. Programming a is a soulless job. There's not a single 30+ year old person in a software development career that is happy.
Programming is meant to be a 2-4 year endeavor, after that you're supposed to get into management or be stuck in dev for the rest of your life.

I make 370k/year automating jobs like your with big data AI's

Freshie in CS rn. I love the community and CS itself desu. Hoping to do research soon.

Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Next year I will be making 700k/year when I get promoted to IDM officer

If you get put in management from a programming position it's because you were a shit programmer. Almost all programmers make more then their managers.

>Almost all programmers make more then their managers
What? Seriously? WHAT? What company devs make more than managers? Are you literally retarded?

Also you don't get "put" into management from a programming position. You have to apply for one and it's always 20+ senior programmers internally applying to the same job position.

You either work in very small company, or a large company that has a poor track record in cost/production to bring things to market.

In any business venture, the lion’s share of income goes to those that can offer some form of command and control to a business venture.

Certainly, some individual contributors do get paid far more than even management - but it that continues to be the case over time for any business venture they have not diversified their work force and places them in possible risk.

In the end, a coder is a worker. They are paid for specific functions related to an overall project. More often than not, they are paid for a small sub set of a larger whole. They rarely have the exposure to business nor upper management across business segments to build networks for positions of higher pay

PMs in consulting type fixed-price engagements tend to earn more than programmers of the same seniority, which is justified by the responsibility for the whole project outcome and being the official representative/negotiating on behalf of the company.

On large projects (say >$10m) the PM pretty much always earns more

This desu, but instead of math you have business courses.
There are programming courses in MIS
There is big data in MIS
>Tfw no dominant MIS bf to pat your head and review your entire relationship diagrams.

*Entity relationship diagrams.

I hate the community because it's 100% leftist mind virus

Why do you want to talk about politics every time? I'm center-left but i've got plenty of right leaning and leftist friends. Not talking about politics helps a lot.

This.
I majored in biotech and we would always bully the cs guys, lol. Its not even a real science!
I was lucky enough that my uncle is a manager at the local wallmart, so we've all got employment covered.
No clue what those CS guys are doing now, LMAO.

Typically its the leftists on my campus who turn literally every single thing into a political issue
Sometimes I think it must be humor but its not. Sometimes you'll just be sitting in a lecture Theater while the professor drones on and you'll hear someone in the back "hey why don't we have any female tutors"

mandatory 500mg biweekly test injection for cs students to end the soyboy epidemic when?

No. If you want to a strong career in tech without being lucky you study CS or EE.