/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Avyn6CmMA

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/r3wYQ0Rh.jpg
imgur.com/gallery/1wreV
good-stuffs.com/Black-Shanghai-8120-designer-wristwatch-_p_329.html
good-stuffs.com/Rare-black-Shanghai-8120-reissue-nostalgic-hand-wound-mechanical-wristwatch-_p_219.html
m.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Wooden-Quartz-Wrist-Watch-Mens-Creative-Deer-Hand-Wood-Dial-Bamboo-Gift/
aliexpress.com/item/Luxury-40mm-Parnis-black-dial-sapphire-date-window-GMT-miyota-automatic-movement-Men-s-Watch/32811848979.html?
aliexpress.com/item/Parnis-40mm-GMT-silver-stainless-steel-case-black-dial-Ceramic-Bezel-sapphire-automatic-mens-watch/32809178840.html?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do people really like those slanted numbers?

well it's better than Omega build quality

Bought this shitter for 9 pounds. Will update you all when I receive it. I hope it's not too much of a frankenwatch.

Do you like perlons?

just clean the case before you put it on . Poo particles can be bad for you.

yes

I predict it will be a fucking disaster, but good luck to youu user.

>stylish diver
>runs for 20 years on solar power with no need for upkeep
>more accurate than a rolex
>$200

find a flaw

I can't user

Maybe someone will fall for it for the 30th time its good you posted it so early

I like the red stripe on the windy knob

Why won't rolex make a nice solar watch? Getting a $1000 service every 5 years on a watch that dies if you set it down for 2 days seems ridiculous

better finishing than an Omega

>better finishing than an Omega
this

>cartoon font on the bezel

ruined the watch. it's likely a ginormous 44mm too :(

>>cartoon font on the bezel
wat

Absolutely, has to be Eulit though. The one on the left is by Rios and the buckle is inferior. The palma model on the right is my favourite, works great with a diver in summer.

>this bezel
>flimsy bracelet
>awful finish (oxidized polish/chrome-plating on the lugs?)
>no S on the crown
>cyclops

just awful, is that chrome-plating?

And the finishing quality is worlds apart. The Rios isn't terrible but it was only a couple of pounds cheaper than a eulit.

I just ordered an eulit, not much more than rios indeed. Shame though, rios' leather is pretty nice.

>>flimsy bracelet
no

>just awful, is that chrome-plating?

you...you don't know what brushed stainless steel looks like on a high quality case?

dunno yet waiting for mine to arrive

>HIGH QUALITY CASE!

KEK

>Why won't rolex make a nice solar watch?

because they are assholes

that's literally the only reason

>KEK

It's rated for 200m user, it's a real seiko

Friendly reminder that swiss watches are overpriced trash and you buy them just because it says "SWISS" on the dial

If I were a girl or a mega manlet I'd buy this Tudor Mini Sub.

>wearing nylon/nato/perlon straps ever

watch blogger victim

>literally a useless watch for 2000euros

L E L

Rubber?

I buy them because they say Rolex, Patek or Vacheron on the dial.

i.imgur.com/r3wYQ0Rh.jpg

Interesting read if youre into actual watch movements.

I buy them because they say Omega, Panerai, or IWC on the dial.

thanks for the virus asshole

whoops linked it wrong.
imgur.com/gallery/1wreV

>redial
>called a pilot but has wrong hands
>looks nothing even remotely like a pilot

yes, you fucked up user

>32mm
jesus christ. its a diver too so the dial will be fucking microscopic
midsize is, and always will be, the best size to buy, because bald fat fucks cant fit them on their 8.5" wrists

This or the standard black? There's something about these that I am kind of drawn to.

that dial (i know its real) looks so fake though. ugliest rolex i've seen that doesn't include gemstones

I watch a watch with a black face and a domed crystal that's around 35mm. Any options?

Is modding my only option?

*I want

good-stuffs.com/Black-Shanghai-8120-designer-wristwatch-_p_329.html

you could do worse than this. there is also the eterna kontiki homage version if youre cool with that and like it more:

good-stuffs.com/Rare-black-Shanghai-8120-reissue-nostalgic-hand-wound-mechanical-wristwatch-_p_219.html

i got a pooinloo "oris" and just replaced the shitter hands it came with. Sirprisingly the movement was ALMOST all oris. Its a real gamble going for those ones.

Bracelets are shit and keep sliding and when you adjust them, they'll be too tight when your wrist expands due to head/use.

For us chinkshit connoisseurs, 12$ wooden watches:

m.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Wooden-Quartz-Wrist-Watch-Mens-Creative-Deer-Hand-Wood-Dial-Bamboo-Gift/

nice. thanks user.

What kind of watch can I buy to make me look non threatening to small cute children?

also i am thinking of buying a bunch of cheap colorful chinese watches to give away to kids to lure them to me

any suggestions?

gtfo trash

do you like little boys or little girls?

My Credor. It has the same movement as a Grand Seiko.

panerainanon here
are you faggots actually gonna make fun of me if I buy this thing?
You're my only friends and I can't handle Sup Forums not liking me

Damn right we will.

The only other watch around 2500 I would be is a SARX though, and that's a lot more boring than an a PAM111 imo

ITS A SHITTER user A SHITTER

I like Seiko but holy shit, this is disgusting.

Fuck me dead what were you thinking?

Just spend an extra $60 on an unserviced vintage Hamilton or something and post that instead, and you can wear your panerai

Hey user with the dolce, did you settle on a new strap?

Jesus christ seiko what were you thinking with this. I live many seiko desgins but this tops the Alpinist in bad design....

why the pam111? have you ever tried on a panerai? its like a brick on your arm. The only people who should wear one are giant basketball nd football players with no taste

>also i am thinking of buying a bunch of cheap colorful chinese watches to give away to kids to lure them to me

I just stay with girls in my family, it's easier to get access to them

Sup Forums I want a GMT/UTC watch namely the Sinn 856. But that fucker is 2k and I am a poorfag, plus I am not ready to spend 2k on a fucking watch. This Citizen which basically does the same thing and looks kinda alike is $150 this bffriday. It's not automatic but solar powered, and it has a slide rule calculator. What does Sup Forums think?

Both look pretty shit but citizen is really ugly.

The nighthawk is pretty ugly though. You should be able to find something better.

The Sinn is ok i guess but the Citizen is fucking gross

Why not just get a Batman?

Honestly you may as well get a miyota gmt watch for 150 dollars if you want a mechanical gmt.

What does everyone think about Steinhart? Which "cheap" German made watch brand does everyone think is better Sinn v. Steinhart? Also gonna throw in Nomos for good measure.

I guess its back to the drawing board.

Can you recommend me one?

> Nice things cost more money.
I'm shocked!

>Steinhart

Steinhart is the number one watch worn by pedophiles

aliexpress.com/item/Luxury-40mm-Parnis-black-dial-sapphire-date-window-GMT-miyota-automatic-movement-Men-s-Watch/32811848979.html?

WTF?

WTF?!!?

I know that, it wasn't the question I asked. Fuck maybe instead of fucking wasting time here you go back to school and take some English courses.

30% of all white child rapists arrested in 2015 in the USA were wearing Steinharts

look it up

aliexpress.com/item/Parnis-40mm-GMT-silver-stainless-steel-case-black-dial-Ceramic-Bezel-sapphire-automatic-mens-watch/32809178840.html?

what a fucking awful post

I am not getting anything from google.

>I am not getting anything from google.

try harder

its ok use duckduckgo or searx or startpage

What if he was one of us? Bergman and Stein put together is not a coincidence.

I actually kinda like it, but I think it should be smaller. It's a more horologically-acceptable version of a maxi case Rolex.

Very interesting. Why don't people like TVG shill these good quality Chinese watches?

>TGV
>Good taste
pick one

this

HIS taste is about the same level as archie

Because TGV is literally a paid shill. There is no economic incentive for him to shill those over SKWAAALEEE

both true. Only difference is that Arichie is a satire while TGV is a real human being who thinks a fake posh act is cool.
EXCUSE ME SIR. do you even own a Lionshark SQUEAALL

>satire
>actually went into debet buying watches
He is the living embodiment of his own satire

I like the movement in the 111. Also I've tried it and while it's big it feels nice due to my 7" flat wrists.
It's also super easy to tell the time at a glance and the lume is insane.
Plus people notice it and that's kinda important in my field of work

Where is it 150?

Archie is a character. The actual guy is still an idiot tho. He seems like he has genuine mental.issues with the whole exwife and house and cars and watches.

>Archie is a character. The actual guy is still an idiot tho. He seems like he has genuine mental.issues with the whole exwife and house and cars and watches.
That's kind of what I'm getting at. His satire is "idiots do/think/are this" and he is that idiot himself. He is his own satire.

Just got this NOS Raketa 24h with inner world time rotating bezel for just 40€ shipped on an eBay auction. Thoughts?

The expression you are looking for is that he's descended into self parody.

It's good if you understand the names.

Yeah, only brainless wouldn’t understand Cyrillic desu.

Yes. It kills me inside when hipsters/numales buy Russian watches without understanding Russian.

What nu-males are buying Russian watches? Russian watches are the highest test most chad watches you can buy. Is this an early 2000's meme? Numales only buy seiko watches can casio watches.

Answer me motherfucker, what site is it gonna be 150 on??

Are your wrists 4 inches or is that thing just fucking HUUGE