Why are so many people using vs code now? what's better about it than atom?

why are so many people using vs code now? what's better about it than atom?

Have you ever used Visual Studio the full version? It's the best IDE ever made.

Bloated to the bream with bullshit, intentionally built to force you to produce non-portable code, inserts telemetry into your program. Yeah, please tell me more about "the best IDE ever made". Even CodeBlocks is better than this shit!

emacs > vim > sublime > literal shit > everything else

Is emacs really that good or just another meme?

Not the one you're replying to, but it's that good. It has been my main text editor for nigh on 15 years now, and I haven't yet found anything close to it.

Among its more prominent features:
>Very good default keybindings, where no commands require you to leave the alpha-numeric part of the keyboard
>Extremely extensive set of navigational commands, unrivaled by any other editor I've tried
>Non-destructive undo system
>Thanks to Lisp, it is fully customizable without having to recompile anything; just eval and go
That's just scratching the surface, but if those were Emacs' only features, I'd still be using it.

>start working at a company's IT department in this decade
>we use vi for a bunch of administrative tasks
>mfw

>describe a good thing
>somehow, there's anything wrong with this
>mfw

>emacs
meme

There are literally 0 reasons to use anything other that emacs.

nice shitpost

t. wagelet

i use nano

Now this is the kind of clueless wannabe hacker shitposting I come to Sup Forums to see.

Most don't, it's just that there are many Microsoft shills here lately

Spacemacs master race

Now, wait a minute. I thought you nerds said you couldn't shill FOSS?

It injects telemetry and ms has access to all your code

Jet brains rapes it for every language

Learn to shit in a fucking toilet, Pajeet. No one wants to use your shit Microsoft Spyware.

Jetbrain is a piece of shit compared to VS user, if you mention that in the interview you'll end up as a no hire for culture reasons.