/spg/ - Smartphone General

Finney phone Edition For advice provide a list of what you care and don't care about in a device, your budget, and your country.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones
Xiaomi Mi A1 has solid specs and is google AndroidOne certified

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

>Tech news
Too boring

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb
s.aliexpress.com/aYjM777b
kimovil.com/en/meizu-m6-note/price
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that thing is hideous

Why the fuck is the rear camera so goddamn low?

Holy fuck, that phone looks like shit!

Was that phone designed by a black engineer?

Need a smartphone + contract carrier option that achieves the following:

USA
AT&T Towers only
$35/month or less (2GB data or more, I don't care how fast)
Data roaming (I'm used to Verizon where you can go anywhere)
911 call capable, even after rooting phone or flashing custom firmware
Wifi calling mandatory
VoLTE

Front facing speakers
Good display, not a Pixel 2
Waterproof or resistant
Altimiter
Rootable without losing camera quality
3.5mm headphone jack
USB-C
400+ nits brightness so I can see it in bright sunlight
White color
MicroSD slow
Fingerprint reader

Doesn't exist

XZ1 seems about as close as I can get. Fucking hate post-paid prices and having to bring a separate camera

>got a galaxy s8 a week ago
>duuuuuude gorilla glass 987654 ain't gonna scratch in your pocket no way it's fucking perfect
>already multiple scratches on the back
eh I'm not that fazed by it but why make shitty marketing claims that you can't even keep

Recommend me a good Phone below 200 dollars

Redmi Note 4

> All of that shit
>Good camera
>Plus front facing speakers
>No Pixel 2

user you should settle for a Boom sound speaker combo. Really opens your options.

Pixel 2

my problem is just all the complaints about the pixel 2 quality control. definitely interested in HTC if i really have to sacrifice camera

How is it? Do you really get good battery life like the pajeet reviews on YouTube say?

Lol you don't sacrifice much in camera quality with HTC, they have some of the best cameras in the business. The only "problem" is that the cameras don't do fancy shit like portrait mode if that's your thing.

Look into the U11 or U11+

is it a next jewPhone proto?

This. They make the pixel/pixel 2

whats a non botnet phone

Femanon here

Redmi Note 4 is deprecated. The Redmi Note 5 with 18:9 bezel-less screen, snapdragon 660 and dual cameras is being released next week

>not a Pixel 2
explain

Should i get my screen fixed on my oneplus one or get some other chinkshit?
Max budget is around $300, but i live in denmark, so that's not a lot.
A physical qwerty would be fantastic, but I've honestly given up on that a long time ago.

Still waiting for an xperia x deal.

Any good chinkphones for $150? I was looking at the Xiaomi Redmi 4X but the 720pis really the only gripe I have with it

Huawei P10+ or the Pixel 2? Price diff of about $100 and the only upside to the pixel is water resistance.
P10+ has QHD, a much larger battery, and a larger screen.

Meizu M6 note

Any use for an old android device? I've got a droid RAZR m that I just updated to nougat.

Your fault.
Phones go in one pocket ALONE. You should also know what mineral hardness your screen/cover can take so you know what not to put into pockets with it. Dumb boi.

is there such a thing as a phone or app that allows for on the fly call encryption? I remember watching one of the Marvel movies and all he did was swipe right with his right thumb along the top of the screen and left with left thump along the bottom and said "call now secure" or some shit. Always wondered if it were possible or just more movie magic.

>female

BLACK FRIDAY. Anyone know any good deals coming or have any useful links?

it's sunday

It's scratch resistant, not idiot proof.

I know that if you buy a flagship (definitely an iPhone x, 8, or galaxy s8) from target they give you a $200 giftcard.

IF You go with verizon.

i actually think it looks quite nice :(

Samsung I swear to god. If you copy the notch I will never in my life buy another product from you.

What do I do anons?

Had a Z1 Compact. Great phone, but it's dying. Wanted a new phone for around 350e that is smaller sized, good battery, decent camera.

X Compact seemed the natural successor, but I ordered TWO and had to return both because of camera issues.

WTF do I do now? Decent smaller-sized phones are non-existent in my price range. There are phones like Samsung A3, Huawei P8 Lite, maybe Huawei P10 if on sale, etc, but I don't know what to pick.

Thoughts?

What's the best cheap phone to get asap to mainly install Lineage OS and try to stay away from google services as much as possible, tho I would research a way to run google maps with minimum connections to google.

moto g5s plus and mi a1 seem reasonable from what I've researched what does /spg/ suggest?

The notch isn't a problem as long as the UI is developed to work with

Apple fucked up by having iOS think the notch is part of the screen...

I personally don't mind as you can now fit notifications and a clock where bezels used to be.

Get the P10 if you want an decent camera.

Will lineageos ever support the moto g5? I'm planning to pick one up come black friday to replace my old moto g,

iphone se is your other choice, or you go up to 5 inches (although the 5inch area is getting smaller by the day too for some fucking reason). lg g6 for example has a good camera.

>buying anything Samsung after the Galaxy S5 or Note 4

Shiggy diggy doo
Even their washing machines are unreliable

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb

G6 360 bong bucks or 5T for 400?

There's an unofficial build, it'll eventually become official, just like every G-series phone before it has

anyone?

But it looks so weird when watching videos.
Like I get that in full screen it isn't 16:9, but still, that notch destroys the experience for me.

pixlels are shit

The notch is an abomination

Nokia 8 for 380

Why?

>One camera
>Beta Android 8.0
>Bezels
>Their alternative to removing the headphone jack is much shittier than Apple's Airpods.

>one camera
rated better than just about everyone else
>beta 8.0
and?
>bezels
I like bezels on phones.
>not just using a usb-c to 3.5 adaptor

i don't care at all about the front camera, so i'm looking into it. what's the rootability, dev scene like on this thing?

>Not caring about using a beta OS
You are seriously shooting yourself in the foot. You are not any better than the sheep that have bought the IPhone X, instead of waiting for the next generation.

>waiting for next gen
why would i do that when the phone literally gets the quickest updates
>YOURE SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT FOR NOT WAITING ANOTHER 12 MONTHS

It's just about been 3 years, I'm looking to replace my Nexus 6. As long as it's a phone one can make payments on, what would y'all recommend as a straight upgrade? Only real condition is having a headphone jack.

fuck it, went with the p10+.
$611 vs $720+

It doesn't have the 660. It's a 630.

Galaxy S8, there will be deals this black friday.

I can upgrade to an S8+ for 18.75 a month right now, should I do it or wait for BF/CM deals?

Does this (notifications) mean what I think it means? Or did phonearena goof on the info?

Speaking of the S8, is it easily riceable?
I fucking hate bloatware, and that's the thing keeping me from buying one.

Where are the new phones? I'm looking for redmi note 5 or lenovo p3.

what's the nintendo of smartphones?

Is there any non-Xiaomi Chinkphones that work with USA 4G LTE?

Apple

LeEco.

They're better value too.

use package disabler pro to get rid of the bloatware. if you want to root/custom ROM then it depends on if you have the snapdragon or exynos version

About to get the Redmi note 4 global. Im switching from iphone, is there any other contenders I should be looking at for the same price, paying £160 for it.

Meizu M6 note. Better camera and quick charge. Same battery and SoC, also 5.5 inch FHD.

they goof'd

Is that phone compatible in the US?

Sadly I can't find it anywhere going to UK for around the same price. Also a few sites say it doesn't support B20 LTE but official says it does. Shame

I still have a samsung galaxy 3. .... ..

I've been researching quite a bit on a new unlocked phone to get. I was thinking an Asus AR.

But what would Sup Forums recommend, also my carrier is verizon?

The huawei mate 10 pro looks pretty good. Is this "NPU" a meme?

If you can get it, I really recommend it over the Xiaomi. It's got the same camera sensor as the HTC u11 and the Google Pixel 2.
s.aliexpress.com/aYjM777b

This link has it for around 140 eur.

Seems like OnePlus rolled out Oreo for 3/3T, just updated my phone

>whenever there is a 1 on the glance screen clock, the 1 is red

Silly little detail, but neat

kimovil.com/en/meizu-m6-note/price

Oh wait it only works with the hours I guess. Also I don't know if they did something to the dash charging since it feels faster than before

zen 4 anyone?

nobody gives a shit about anus phones anymore

Okay guys, I am looking for a new phone.
Currently I have an Umi super. It's alright and I would like to upgrade from that.
I am looking for:
>a phone with snapdragon processor,
>4 GB of ram(I could settle with 3 but whatever),
>headphone jack,
>usb C,
>sd cards support.
That are the most important things.
Less important but nice to have:
>dual camera
>fingerprint sensor
>being bezelles or resemblin an iphone like mi a1/mi 5x (i'm nit a fag, I just like thr looks, don't bully me),
>around 4000mAh battery, could be less
Oh, amd I would like to pay no more than 200usd, or a bit higher. Any recommendations?
I'm considering
> Xiaomeme mi a1/mi 5x since I had a redmi note 2 and i loved it,
>redmi note 5
> Vernee Mix 2

It looks like a pixel 2 is going to be what I pick up next. I think I could live with the headphone dongle, just have to leave it plugged into my headphones I guess. Hopefully there won't be too many instances where I need to listen and charge at the same time.
So with that in mind, whats a good music player for android? I'm coming off of an iphone 6 and like the fact that I can queue up songs in a "play next" way.

you aren't gonna find shit like that for 200 USD unless it's refurbished

Tell me more.

What would you recommend?

I don't care about samsungs and shit, im only looking for chinkposts

Chinkphones lol

Thanks Ill have a look, always worry about this site paying for import duty or ordering from china. It is a better phone and the one I'd like so I might as well try to get it.

What's wrong the Galaxy S8? I mean, at 500€ it's much more reasonably priced than other phones like the Pixel 2, yet it has a nicer screen, SD card support, the same chipset, headphone jack...

The only things I've seen so far that are not optimal are the OS which is still on 7.0 and seems to be customized in a way that's worse than stock android and the fingerprint reader's location.

I'm currently using a Lumia 640 (Windows Phone), but since that platform is now finally dead, I'd like to have a top smartphone for once.
I've initially wanted to replace it with an iPhone, but the 8 is nothing new, expensive and the one upside is the fast processor. The X seems great, but ludicrously expensive and I don't like that notch.

Unless I'm missing something here - a much better offer - isn't the regular Galaxy the Phone I should buy?

Only reason why I'm not buying it is because it has a locked bootloader and unrootable without gimping the battery. Fuck Samsung for trying to prevent me from doing what I want with the device I bought.

Nope

I'm quite new to this whole Android thing, so I'm sorry for the question, but does "locked bootloader" imply that I can't flash any custom rom or that doing so would void my warranty?
Does it only apply when I purchase the phone from a carrier (I wouldn't)?

And why would rooting gimp the battery? That seems like a deal breaker.
Unless of course I don't need to root it. Why would you want to root the phone, now that things like the launcher can be changed without it? Adblocking and YouTube features without paying for Red?

Locked bootloader means that's just harder to flash custom firmware. It doesn't matter whether your bootloader is lcked or not, flashing unnoficial hardware/rooting always voids your warranty.

As for Youtube i recommend rhe OG Youtube App. It doesn't need root, provides black theme, download option, background playback, of-screen playback, floating video outside the app, screens swipe controls and downloading.
SpotifyDogfood for listening to spotify without ads and "mashing up" the order of the songs

What do you guys think about the razer phone? Good buy for the price?

Having a hard time finding a decent replacement for my LG G4. So far the options I'm considering are, roughly in that order: Moto X4, Moto G5S Plus, LG G6, Xiaomi A1 and Xiaomi Mi6. I'm not a heavy phone user at all, since I work from home I only really use it daily for messaging, social media and similar things, but on weekends when I'm out I usually have some trouble with battery, but it's still mostly messaging, maps and a lot of music. The main features I'm looking for are build quality and speed, the latter also meaning a clean Android if possible. A fingerprint sensor and headphone jack are very welcome additions, and a decent battery for regular use would be nice.
Are there any other phones I should look for? I really wanted to pick up a 5T, but I need something by the end of the month, and since OnePlus phones aren't available in my country I'd need to import one, which means high import fees and long shipping time. Does the G6 still have any problems with bootloops and whatnot? That's the main thing keeping me from staying with LG. I used to love my Moto X2, but haven't touched any Motorola phone since Lenovo acquired it, which makes me wary, and for Xiaomi I have no experience with anything from them.

iPhone X, you don't want to be the guy with green text bubble and bad snapchat