Why does the hivemind hate this guy?

Why does the hivemind hate this guy?

The Internet should not be regulated like a utility by the US Government.

Other urls found in this thread:

techdirt.com/articles/20171030/12364538513/portugal-shows-internet-why-net-neutrality-is-important.shtml
thehill.com/policy/technology/359499-franken-condemns-tech-calls-for-net-neutrality-for-google-twitter-and
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he wants to poo on the internet

He wants to return the Internet to how it existed from 1996-2015.

>1996
He wants normies to only use it for school assignments?

this. Only reason PLDT and that PT telco are the way that they are is because they have (nearly) state-sanctioned monopoly.
Here, we at least have the _illusion_ of competition, such that if they tried to pull shit like that here, there is at least _one_ other provider that one can turn to.
Either way, if the [local|state|federal] government wants do something, it should STEP out of the way with the intense bureaucracy and corruption which make up the immense barrier to entry by new ISPs. Community broadband should remain an option as well

Sorry Sergei, we won’t be fooled into losing our internet to corporations

Because he dosen't want to regulate the internet like a utility. That means that he will let the US monopolies get even bigger. It's really horrible to watch. It makes me so happy to be European.

>That means that he will let the US monopolies get even bigger.

lol nearly all US utilities ARE local monopolies. Which is exactly what he doesn't want to see happen with the Internet.

>The Internet should not be regulated like a utility by the US Government.
Why? So we can be charged $1 per mb we use?

We've been through this shit before. Look at how the Phone system worked back in the 70's and 80's with Bell.

It won't be different this time, it's the same fucking shit. The rich will pretend that they're doing this to help, but they're just lining their own pockets, poor idiots will defend their "right" to fuck us over because they think that maybe one day they'll be rich too.

Riiiiight, Oleg, commercial providers won’t slow down community broadband one bit.

It's kind of strange that Europe has some real competition when it comes to broadband while the US has all these local monopolies.

It just seems backwards.

We do have some regulation here, we have peering points and big players like Telia has been forced to participate (forced to accept peering with smaller providers). I wouldn't say that kind of regulation is a "bad" thing - even though it's regulation.

Since this is a thread about regulation, let's just compare.

I pay 400 SEK or $47 per month for 100/100mbit. I have the option of forking out 1200 SEK ($142) per month for gigabit/gigabit. I'm not maxing out my current connection so I'm sticking with 100/100 - but these are the prices in my area.

It would be fun if some of you other girls post similar information regarding your prices.

Fucking Christ this.

We now have 1TB caps nearly nationwide on every provider and we cannot get competition in because of retarded ass entry laws.
Either drop the entry garbage or get NN laws in place.

We have some momentum behind NN NOW

>1TB caps nearly nationwide
Are you talking wired or wireless? 1TB/month seems quite generous for a 4G connection. We don't have "caps" on wired here in the EU.

So he's going to break up current monopolies/oligarchies?

Wired.
Fucking wired shit in the US is all capped!

Except it should. Kys pajeet.

36€ for 200/200

Why couldn't we get the "bills should be 1 page long" McCain?

If you seriously think that the current market monopolies will get smaller by removing even more regulation, your understanding of the subject is clearly limited. I would kindly advise you to read up on the subject before engaging in any more arguments on the matter.

Pretty sure thats not true for the mid to northeast. Which is really the only part of the US that matters anyway.

>keynesians are this stupid

USA, Texas, Houston

So, I'm in a very urban area, lots of use of WiFi and powerful internet services. Would just like to show my prices and how bullshit it is. Now, this is the only provider in my area. I literally live 10 feet away from the only other option, AT&T, which costs the same though they have less services.

I've lived through the 80s and 90s internet and it was impossible to do what we can now. I also lived through the times when online gaming was new and could very well cost you $1000/month back in the 80s when USD was extremely powerful.

If anyone thinks that people like Pajeet Pai have any interest other then filling his pockets with corporate green backs, they're as misguided as people who vote to lower taxes.

>We now have 1TB caps
this is fucking cancer

Caps only exist to charge you more money, not because people use it alot

One of the biggest problem with telecoms in the united states is the "hidden fees"

Why the fuck are they allowed to advertise a price they don't charge? LITERALLY false advertise and fraud

because they can because no one bitches about it

that fucking cancer,i live in the uk we used to get capped at like 40gb then one company started providing an unlimited package so all the other isps have moved to unlimited. sucks you cant get the same over there. We almost have a monopoly on mobile now though since all our major providers have merged into one apart from two of the companies. despite not merging they actually provide a better more affordable service

70 dollars a month from verizon

Just until you have to start paying $20 more a month for YouTube, email, Amazon, and Netflix to run!

>no caps in EU
In which EU do you live?

sounds great

Because without regulations we get the shit show we have now with a total of 4 ISPs and half of them putting arbitrary caps on internet connections so they can charge more.

Turns out Drumpf was a mistake.
Told ya so.

>People on a technology board know nothing about technology.
Nigger, no matter how many regulations you drop, so long as (Insert ISP here) can have an exclusive monopoly via a contract for construction of infrastructure at the municipal level, nobody will be able to compete and that's just the reality of the current situation. Starting an ISP is not as simple as, hur dur let's just lay down some pipe.
It's a painstakingly long process of getting approval from the local municipal Governments who are lobbied by the incumbent ISP to keep competition out via exclusive contracts. This is exactly why EVEN GOOGLE had to give up on Fibre.

The better part
Bulgaria, Romania

Canada - Rural Alberta here, I pay the same as your top package there ($66), but my down/upload is ~6Mbps/~1Mbps

it is precisely this structure that we must get rid of

Lost

other countries do not have net neutrality and this is not an issue. why do you think it will happen in the US?
>I do not support net neutrality btw

>regulations we get the shit show we have now with a total of 4 ISPs and half of them putting arbitrary caps on internet connections so they can charge more.

They were created because of regulation

NN has nothing to do with said structure, this isn't the FCC's fault, the fault lies on local municipal governments. So direct your anger towards them, not those who are pushing for NN.

>if you get rid of regulations but keep regulations then getting rid of regulations doesn't work

you're retarded

>sweden
shouldn't you be bleaching your asshole for jamal and ali?

Pajeet Pai is doing the right thing you faggot ape, less regulations is better.

Except they do, I'd suggest taking a look at Portugal and informing yourself on this matter.
Even in Canada we've seen Telus violating NN and blocked a website to a union, in which, was in the process of striking.

No one caps wired connections here apart from if you choose shitty BT packages because """much saving""" or if you are in an aera which is severed by a shitty indepdent ISP like KCom.

Portugal demand subscriptions to websites? Prove it.

>Confusing federal regulations with Municipal regulations.
The point is these two things are completly fucking seperate you moron. You can't just aimlessly cut regulations and assume that'll spark economic growth, that's not how the world works.

techdirt.com/articles/20171030/12364538513/portugal-shows-internet-why-net-neutrality-is-important.shtml

>he creates an artificial difference between federal and municipal and thinks he won

lol

>There is no difference between Federal and State level politics.
I don't think i've won, that's just the reality of the fucking situation. NN has nothing to do with competition of ISP's within the US.

fucking jews

I used to support NN until based Ajit showed me the truth.

Portuguese ISPs claim that they don't have caps but they reserve the right to limit our bandwidth if we "abuse their good will".

Basically on all these "unlimited" data plans, if you use to much they're gonna throttle you to the point where you don't even wanna use it. So really it's just the same shit different taste.

42€ for 100/100, TV and phone. It would be more expensive to contract the internet connection by itself.

It doesn't make it any better but those are mobile data plans.

reddit and those who oppose FCC plans are literal communists trying to destroy free market and scientific progress while preventing consumers from getting competitive prices and bundled data packages at lower prices.

Yes, regulations are the barrier to entry for ISPs, nor the massive cost of laying new lines.

fuck off back to red/dit

fucking jews

O que é que o Reddit tem a ver com o facto de tú gostares de mamar no caralho de judeus brasileiros?

>deregulation
>a good thing

>makes me happy to be european

Take what you can get, eh? Keep that burka on tight.

t. 52%

>Portugal
>Brazil
you what?

no bait here friend

>Implying all that shit isn't going to get consolidated whether or not the FCC passes rules that nobody listens to

I hadn't noticed that the brazilians got rid of Portugal Telecom.

Yep we need more regulations like Yurcocks so we can pay $6/gallon of gas, pay 2x more for tech (and everything else) more than Americans.

Yes more regulations please.

Do you also want muslims raping your daughter?

>Yep we need more regulations like Yurcocks so we can pay $6/gallon of gas,
thats more due to geographic reasons the fact that europe isn't an oil producing nation and taxes. Not necessarily costs induced by regulations

You're literally saying
>I don't want to make sure my drinking water is safe to drink, as well as not ridiculously priced in areas where it's harder to get water, as well as the time of day I want water on

>pay 2x more for tech
I get seriously pissed off when you guys post prices that are practiced in the US.

Also Euros have the most censored internet in the world even with "NN". How is that even possible?

pajeets shit everything up

Fuck your government telco shill threads

The point is thats a violation of NN, as it favours some companies over others retard.

>hive mind
The only reason people hate this repeal of Title II is that they are sheep who get confused by terminology . I don't know how they fall for it, but I guess branding is everything these days. There will still be agencies that regulate broadband companies that aren't the FCC. I guess people from other countries also egg on this subject.

Of course Yurocuck, just ignore those tons of tariffs your government imposes on imports.

>it favours some companies over others retard
Provide proof or gtfo with your retard red/dit talking point which nobody believes in and is not true.

tariffs are taxes you moron

Go kill yourself your corporate cock sucking faggot

There are no tariffs on oil and natural gas imported into the EU, they're VAT exempt you retard

Anything Red.dit is for you know is bullshit.

I though Sup Forums was smarter than this.

>Muh free market freedumbs
He is a paid shill. Obviously he wouldn't have to worry about fastlanes. Imagine paying an extra fifty dollars a month to be able to access "meme services" like Sup Forums or le reddit (we know you post on there, Jamal) because companies want to discriminate traffic in favor of their own services. Asking ISPs to remain neutral is essentially the equivalent of asking the fox to guard the hen house and not to eat the hens. You really think ISPs wouldn't abuse their power over the consumer with their near hegemonic dominance over the particular areas they reign by uncompetitive measures done in secret backroom deals?

The proof is literally provided in your own source dipshit. NN states that you can't just exempt some particular apps from counting towards your data plan, as that wouldn't be treating all traffic equally. The point of NN is to stop from these fast lane/no pay toll style systems of the Internet, as that would lead to pay to play behaviour. The ISP's in America are also the biggest media conglomerates and would have an incentive to favour their own services over the competition and by creating fast lanes/no pay toll lanes for their own service they'd be able to kill any competition long before they could ever arise.
Don't just post copypasta when you don't actually know what you're talking about.

>ee
>voda
>three
>o2

we have four major telcos that's nowhere near a monopoly you twat

Oh my god retard americucks LOL

>waah muh regulation is fucking everything

Guess what retards, there is barely ANY regulation to the point where the big ISPs have captured the regulatory agency! The FCC is fucking owned by the big ISPs. You think deregulating is going to save you? You're just going to get fucked in the ass even harder!

I've looked for internet service plans in the US. It's fucking pathetic what is offered to you, even in the big cities where there is no fucking excuse. At least in Canada, wholesaling is mandatory so there IS competition, even in places only served by one access medium.

Guess what, that's mandated by our regulators. If it wasn't for the CRTC the government would be handing out billions to our ISP praying they would upgrade their service. Oh wait, that already happened and you guys got stiffed LOL.

>favour their own services over the competition

Literally every company in the world already does this, especially tech companies. Why aren't they subject to these same regulations?

Why don't the leftist at least try to be consistent?

At least one did, and look what happened to him since.. HMMMMM

thehill.com/policy/technology/359499-franken-condemns-tech-calls-for-net-neutrality-for-google-twitter-and

>europe has a more censored internet than china
Literally what. Any citation on that? As far as censorship here, it's only some pirating websites, like the pirate bay, but that's just the domain being redirected to a stopping page. Also, mirrors work fine for everything.

Bell Canada offered a cellular TV service, you had to pay like $5 a month for a certain amount of hours. The data used for streaming the service was "zero-rated", it didn't use up any data when it came to billing time, a violation of net neutrality.

Some random dude complained to the CRTC and the entire program got shut down because it violated net neutrality. Try doing that in a deregulated environment.

>Also Euros have the most censored internet in the world
Eastern Europe here.
I don't know what you are smoking, but i think smoking the fart from my asshole would be healthier.
We don't even give a fuck about piracy, let alone to censor anything.
Courtesy of having gone through Communism, an experience you are slowly seeping into now in the west.

ee is tmobile and orange merged together nigger virgin media also operate with ee using the same pricing and i'm pretty sure ee is the biggest network and they have shit packages wont be long before the other networks merge with them

Can't say the same about Western Europe. Several piracy sites are blocked by ISPs and there is legislation currently in place that allows governments to block other pages that they may not approve.

Honestly, what I really want is for Americans to fuck up their internet service so bad that they can't post like retards anymore.

Unlimited access to facebook, twitter, spotify, who gives a fuck. No provider out there is going to let you surf unlimited on Sup Forums. Can't wait for the purge.

I'm confused, is this a point against NN or for NN, because that's a clear and blatant violation of it.
Because dipshit, people can choose to not use Google's services at anytime, but some people don't have a choice of who their internet carrier is. You can't compare Google Services, a service on the internet, to providing Internet service as a whole.
I don't get why you project anyone who disagree's with you as a leftist, isn't that the exact same thing you berate the "radical left" for doing?

No NN in mobile world and I can surf 4chans and every other website just fine.

Nobody would even notice or care when NN is gone even though it's not really an actual thing.

Hey retard, this is what's going to happen to you