/mkg/ - Pros only edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keyboard/products/tex-yoda2-diy-kit
aliexpress.com/item/dye-subbed-keycaps-cherry-profile-ISO-keys-for-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-the-sublimation-keycap-pbt-top/32827388644.html
kprepublic.it.aliexpress.com/store/group/Switches/3034003_511912849.html?spm=a2g0y.12010608.0.0.795dbd16fIR49I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you store your keycaps sets?
I feel so productive and tidy

you don't need to store them just send them to me i do it for you

Why do you not have a Model F or at least an SSK?

Just curious. Is the KUL ES87 any good or should I go for something more "modern"?

>KUL ES87
>Not modern

What? But yeah it is a great keyboard but the only problem is that it comes with cherry switches.

Too many variations of the F, and the one I want is very expensive.
and I hate not having a full size keyboard, I use the numpad all the time.

Just get a Model F AT, I've seen a few go for around $100 on Ebay in the past 2 weeks, and the only thing it needs to work is an AT to PS/2 adapter which are really cheap.

$250+ right now, and again, none of them are the variations I want.

You're most likely never going to find that version, closest thing you'll get is an ANSI modded F AT and the mod is pretty easy to do.

What do you guys think about the brand Redragon? any experiences with their products?

Looks like shit. If you want that keyboard you better not pay more then 40 bucks, especially when black friday is this week.

are the tai hao sets better than the stock keycaps that come with the pok3r? The keyboard is coming in the mail soon, and I want to know if I should get some keycaps. If not tai hao ones, which would you guys suggest?

I would suggest OG Cherry Dyesubs

I have a Redragon tenkeyless. It has Outemu blues. When I hit the keys, they make a clicky noise and letters appear on the screen; so, can't complain.

We portable now boys

wow these are like 200-350 dollars

You never said a price range

how does the logitech k120 compare to topre switches

>how does a $15 keyboard compare to a $200 keyboard
Probably not too favorably

About the same. The K120 is more tactile

toprefags btfo

Same thing, k120 keycaps are thicker tho.

well i was just wondering, because topre seems like quite a ripoff to me.

does ducky use metal plates for their keyboards?

Yes, they use steel

Where 2 cop ducky keyboard?

It doesn't look like you can order from their website.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/

so i might order a keyboard with cherry mx clear switches. i think that cherry mx red switches are absolute shit for typing on but are cherry mx clear ones fine for typing on?

Are you retarded?

What do you guys use right-alt for? Or right-control for that matter?

Maybe it's my bad habits but I don't think I use either one on the right side, so might remap them to something I'll use.

Normally its used for special symbols

us_intl uses right alt for symbols

äåé®þüúíóöáßðfghjœoæx©vbñµç

Budget: $100
Continent: Asia (Philippines)
Switch: Cherry Mx Red
Layout: Ansi
Form: 80% (TKL)
Backlight: No.
Current Kb: Cheap rubber cup keyboard

Ducky zero

Maybe I'll have it activate a layer to do symbols I use since I don't use any of that myself as a filthy american.

Anyone here have experience with Ergodox keyboards? I have small-ish hands, am worried about being able to reach keys comfortably.

Budget: $110
Switch: Gateron Blue
Layout: ANSI
Form: 60%
Backlight: No

is there someplace online or on aliexpress where I could order custom model m keycaps or a knockoff model F?

>order custom model m keycaps

I think Unicomp makes different color keycaps

>or a knockoff model F

There aren't any knockoffs

>There aren't any knockoffs
why.png
I'd hate to part with 400$

I got a Model F AT for $90, they're not hard to find for cheap.

Budget: $150
Continent: Europe (Portugal)
Switch: Cherry Mx Brown
Layout: US Ansi
Form: TKL 80%
Backlight: whatever
Current Kb: Razer Blackwidow

You would spend $150 on an MX brown keyboard?

What should I buy then?

No, they really are. Shit has skyrocketed in the past year.

Unicomp is literally your only option. Even the chink knockoff model Fs use Unicomp keycaps. Luckily you can customize them however you want

Danke

Yes

What a dead thread.
How are Ducky dye sub pbt caps? They have a nice retro color set on mechanicalkeyboards.com for way less than enjoypbt and shit

Not very good. they have horrible bleaching problems and mine started to fade after a week

stock pok3r here, what are some nice matching usb cables and keycap sets?

What is the best Mechanical Board with Blue switches for the money?

Budget: £120
Continent: UK
Switch: Cherry Mx Blue (Or Equivalent)
Layout: UK
Form: 100%
Backlight: Customizable or none.
Current Kb: Cooler Master QuickFire TK Red

ducky one

Is there some super reliable ones I can get, been through 2 mechanical keyboards and they ended up breaking out of just existing, bought a squidgy microsoft keyboard 4 years ago and it's never let me down. Covered in fluids, bodily, soda and full of crumbs and I the most I do for it is turn it upside down sometimes and vaccum it up.

Preferably a 90s looking belter. Blues pls

Ahem

Fuck off Billy

Is SA genuinely bad for typing?
SA Ice cap looks so good and is even pbt unlike all the other SA sets, SA also sounds great with box whites which I'm using for a keyboard I'm still waiting on, but hearing people say consistently that SA is not as good for typing and is basically just muh aesthetic has made me hesitant. I've never bought a set so expensive before either.

Get any Topre board

but what about and is that true?

SA sculpted is great for typing.
SA unsculpted isn't great. It's average.

No, not really.

>Topre
$100+ per unit
>MS keyboard
>£6
>Still works flawlessly

MS Keyboard
>Botnet

It's already been 2 years but I still wanna drop by to say fuck you guys for making me fall for this meme.

Any recommendations for a decent full-sized board with decent switches. Reprogrammable would be a plus.

For those who have multiple keyboards how many times do you switch?

>being this poor

well like half my keyboards are just gaymen shit that i never use anyways. but currently my ibm model m has a key not working and im in the middle of modding my unicomp model m so right now im using my logitech k120 keyboard. i usually just have a cherry mx red keyboard for playing things like stepmania, but i really dont like the typing feel on it so i usually just use buckling springs or rubber domes

In these types of jars.
Feels super artisanal.

Where can I find cheap dyesubbed gateron or NPKC keycaps?

Based KBDfans
kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keyboard/products/tex-yoda2-diy-kit

From where they are made: China.
Learn to love Taobao.

what's great may differ each person though

is there any way to shop it in english? I've tried
before but given up because its impossible for me to navigate it in chinese/tell what i'm buying.

I have a model m but I'm going to need a gayman keyboard but the model m seems like it'll be a pain in the arse to move around

I'm planning on having the model m on my desk and my gayman on my keyboard drawer. Is that a good idea

AliExpress is Taobao in English but a bit more expensive and not as many stuffs.
For Taobao, search for stuffs you want using short Chinese keywords then get an agent to buy it for you (usually $10 fee or so).
Keycap = 键帽
That said, frankly most of my needs are satisfied with the KBDfans store, which caters to non-Chinese and has great shipping.
Hell, they can even speak English.

Two is one and one is none.
Always have a backup.
I think most people in this hobby have, if they don't work from home, at least one at the office, one at home, and, maybe, one for portability (hence the 40% trend).

see

>tfw can't decide between blues and reds for my first MK

That's like not being able to decide if you're into sex with male or female. Even you like both, it should be obvious, mate.

nice kb, but I'm not a huge fan of blues.

I know but I'm new to this and have never tried either in person. Not sure how I would be able to, the best buy near me went out of business in September. One can only learn so much from reading online.

Thanks dude. Does this seem like a decent set of starter keycaps? Do you reccomend any in specific. Ideally I'd like to pay under $60

aliexpress.com/item/dye-subbed-keycaps-cherry-profile-ISO-keys-for-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-the-sublimation-keycap-pbt-top/32827388644.html

Unavailable in full size with Blue switches in the UK it seems

Dude, that's exactly the one I just bought which you can see in that pic where I chatted with the KBDfans guy.
Go for it.

then get it with a different switch, its not that hard you retard

Multiple times a day

I use the zhongwen extension on chrome which gives you a popup definition of chinese characters you are mousing over. I am ethinically chinese though but still pretty shit at reading so I would think even someone who can't speak at all could navigate the site somewhat. The hardest part is probably just making an account but once you're in it's not too hard as long as you know the search terms to use.
There are also some weird quirks you have to learn as well for example international shipping organized by taobao requires you to pay for domestic shipping of items in china to a warehouse where once everything is collected you pay for shipping a second time for international. Some things also won't let you ship to the warehouse where they send out the international packages. I still think the hassle is worth it though because prices are just so much cheaper even after shipping which is ~$8 per kg e.g. a tada68 for 60 usd including shipping.

Here are some search terms
机械键盘 mechanical keyboard (search 60 or 87 or whatever for size)
键帽 keycaps (透光 shine through, you can just search pbt for pbt caps)
原厂高度 cherry profile (dsa/sa is still dsa/sa)
轴 switch (G轴, gateron, 樱桃轴 cherry, 凯华轴 kailh)
定位板 plate
卫星轴 stabilizer
外壳 case

When you get into a page for an item it works mostly the same as aliexpress, with the two selection categories. The top one is colour/style/product and the bottom one is usually combo (套餐) or something. There's usually only one option but if there are more than one, the specifics of what is in that set will be in the description somewhere.

Thanks Sup Forumsuy. Will avoid. Was seriously tempted.
So I need to pick a switch for my new board. I was thinking kalih box white but I'm open to anything with a cherry stem. What do I pick?
Options:
kprepublic.it.aliexpress.com/store/group/Switches/3034003_511912849.html?spm=a2g0y.12010608.0.0.795dbd16fIR49I
I really like that man. They're $10 on amazon. May cop.
KBDFans has some npkc caps for about $50.

you can get those kind of jars at IKEA for £1 or whatever that is in your local money

Sorry, I didn't realize there were multiple switches available.

I wish we had an ikea. I might have a nice desk then

I'm about to order a WASD V2 with Cherry Clears, specifically a barebones version because I'm harvesting a set of PBT doubleshots off of another board. Does anybody have anything negative to say about WASD as a brand that doesn't have to do with their keycaps? The v2 seems to be everything I've ever wanted out of a keyboard with its options and case design.
Also, where the fuck can I find a full set of DSA Dolch keycaps right now? I'm expecting to spend around $60 a set, but the only thing I'm finding is a Maxkey set on MechanicalKeyboards. They look alright, but my autism is flaring up over their beige legends because most Dolch sets have white legends. Help me, /mkg/; you're my only hope.

What's that keyboard?

Special edition white TADA68 with SA Ice Cap

howd i do /mkg/
got it for RM300 (USD 72)
black switches.

wasd keyboards are rebranded filcos so there is nothing wrong with the build quality. if you want dsa dolch then aliexpress has you covered

Filco or Ducky?

I'm looking for a gayman keyboard. And shouls I get red switches or black?

I have a model m for my typing needs