Android vs IOS

Between android and ios, which mobile OS is better overall?
Use actual arguments instead if just saying "hurr hurr botnet"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IbSjUq_kvSM
xperiablog.net/2017/11/16/xperia-xz1-and-xz1-compact-firmware-brings-camera-distortion-fix-47-1-a-5-51/
xperiablog.net/2017/06/21/sony-xperia-xz-premium-and-xzs-camera-distortion-issue-problem/
xperiablog.net/2017/10/24/sony-fixes-camera-distortion-issue-on-latest-xperia-flagships/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ios is objectively superior (by not using a virtual machine language to start)
by itself it looks and feels better
can even jailbreak & rice if you dont have things to do

Yes but iOS is also inherently retarded. For example, turning off wifi in the control center doesn't actually turn it off anymore. There's so much wrong with the two steps backward mentality of iOS 11 that it's making android look like the common sense platform nowadays.

it's subjective to the user just like any other OS.

people like iOS because it's simple, but they also hate it because it's super locked down.

people like android because it's very customizable, but they also hate it because those root privileges can be used for malware and other malicious things.

As someone that came to Android late in the game (iPhone, iPhone 3GS, 4S, 5, 6S Plus) I personally prefer Android for these reasons:

- the battery life on my G5+ is insane. Like I was just in the hospital for 3 days without a charger and it didn't die until I got home.
- I can install any damn app I want. With iOS i could only install the apps that apple approves of.
- if the stock ROM sucks i can build my own and flash it.
- i can flash my own kernel to overclock, underclock, overvolt, etc
- with KDE Connect, i get the same level of integration with my ideapad that i got with my Mac and iPhone

how is android still faster than?

android OS is objectively slower than iOS, but what makes android faster is that manufacturers brute force past the lag with hardware. hence why all the latest androids have like 8GB of RAM and a hot snapdragon

>ios is objectively superior (by not using a virtual machine language to start)
by itself
care to elaborate?

>it looks and feels better
that's more of a personal choice, isn't it?

each one has their flaws and features, that's fora fact. but I want to know if one has better features/less flaws than the other, or if they have almost the same amount and it just boils down to personal choice in the end

it boils down to personal choice in the end. the only way to get a proper feel is to test both and form your own opinion. you can do this at your local carrier store.

For my uses it's all the same. I can chat, browse the web, use GPS, and listen to music/podcasts. Using an iPhone SE because I wanted something tiny.

because ios 11 is shit, fucking hell i can't even belive apple released it in it's current state

I've used android almost my entire life, started with really weak and slow phones, now I'm with one that satisfies my needs, and don't plan on changing it anytime soon.
I have had some time with ios, and while it does feel good, I consider some of its limitations and the fact that it is not open source some of the main reasons I'm still with android. But this a topic I love to talk about, cause I enjoy seeing ios users opinions on why they prefer that system, and I know that Sup Forums can be really toxic sometimes, but I decied to give it a try

is there something from ios you miss? like a feature that android doesn't have and you wished it did?

not him but I really wish android phones had a dedicated mute button on the side like iphones do. I would gladly trade a bixby button or even fingerprint scanner for one

yeah, that's something I wish we had too.
I remember seeing some phones that shipped with a "customizable button", but I'm not sure if they are still being produced

On Android you can easily transfer any type of files to and from your phone via wifi.

Apps have shared directories unlike iOS where every app has it's own directory.

iOS a shit desu. All iOS has going for it is no bloat and smoothness but Pixels can do the same.

Objectively: Android.
>can be extensively customized
>has more useful functions and features

User friendly: iOS.
>looks pretty from the get go to most
>locked down so it's hard to break things

Android phones also cost half as much as iPhones and usually come with better specs and battery life. But people who get iPhones don't care about any of this as long as their phone is user friendly.

>better battery life

Ive always been happy with iOS on several devices. Sure it lacks some flexibility but for the daily normie tasks its great. The came iOS 11 and it broke in many ways. Some animations get stuck or are out of place, other stuff got bloated and so on.
Also: Android hotspot just works, like AP, iOS shuts down periodically.

I know right? I was just as shocked as you were. This must be a huge reason why apple adopted oled display panels in the X.

youtube.com/watch?v=IbSjUq_kvSM

For 99.9% of people it makes no difference. Just down to personal preferences.

Take a serious look at what you use for phone for and pick based on that.

>ishit
>battery life

Pick one.

Used to be true though. I think the advent of the nexus 5 and DALVIK stained Android's image considerably.

iOS is such a fucking buggy mess. What ever happened to releasing a polished product? Seriously if this was a car people would be fucking piled up on the interstate.

Didn't apple maps make someone divebomb their car into a ditch?

>you'd have to be a real apenigger not to understand how bad iphone batterylife is
True

>>better battery life

jesus christ

>ishit's already abysmal 4 hour battery life goes down to 1.5

It is natural in the circle of product life, newer OS always support the best phone 1st. If your iPhone isn't the best then you are too poor to get a new iPhone every year. Go be a pleb on Android. Playing the new iPhone game is for richfags.

Not really, no. I find that Android actually has every feature as iOS and then some. If anything, I sometimes find it a little overwhelming with there being so many features available. I'd never call having "too much" choice a bad thing, but sometimes I'll find a feature and go "oh wow, i didn't know it could do that". So maybe they could be better arranged or more intuitive?

oh shit I will not be buying an iphone. Thanks for helping me avoid a disaster.

still got an iphone 6s since its release and its working as good as the first day. I'm sure you take any Android from that time and just shits the bed now

What?

Yeah I updated my 6 to ios 11 from ios 9 since I had to factory reset to recalibrate my crappy battery. Biggest mistake of my life. I'm not impressed with a single (((feature))) introduced and the performance, while not 100% sluggy and slow, is still not welcomed. Plus it's retarded have to press the home button three times to unlock the device while talking on the phone. Just a shitty experience overall.

>Implying any iPhone can get 7+ hours screen on time and still have 38% battery left

>Pixels can do the same
Moto G, Nokia, the ded Nexus phones.
Stock is the future.

even if you include iOS and apple optimizations, having a small mAh battery in your phone means that within a year or two the capacity would have drained a lot compared to a 3600+ mAh battery.

>looking for a new device to upgrade from the Galaxy S6
>Galaxy S8 looking sweet
>try it in a store: stuttering and uncomfortable to hold
>"alright, let's try a more classic design"
>try Huawei P10 Plus
>no oleophobic display
>disgusting UI
>"alright, let's try with Sony
>XZ1 is snappy, elegant, don't mind the bezels at all
>everything is feeling great
>go back home
>learn about lense distorsion for 4 generations of Sony smartphones
>plastic parts in a 600$ device
>"fuck, let's learn about some trustworthy chinese companies aside from Huawei
>"what the fuck"
>"OK, not many option left. Maybe LG?"
>LG V30
>"holy shit, it's a good phone, despise the cartoonish UI"
>get home
>POLED buggy screen
>shameful slow-mo recording
>800$ price tag

WHERE THE FUCK IS A GOOD SMARTPHONE?

I'm even considering a fucking iPhone, for fuck's sake jesus christ

iOS. It does what I need it to do and will be supported for much longer than a normal Android phone.
More customisation would be nice though.

Has there been any news on that new OS google was making?

why upgrade from a S6? that exynos chip is still fast as fuck

Too bad every update gimps older iPhones else apple would be the best ecosystem for phones.

I know, man. I've been happy as hell with it. But the back screen is cracked and the battery life... well,, it was already shit when I first bought it.

back glass*

Is anyway to downgrade the ios version or are you stuck after?

Beside hacking your phone and leaving a gaping security exploit and not being able to update apps?

Not really.

S8 or iPhone 7/8

these are your choices

>no headphone jack
Welp at least it has a home button.

Same goes for Android. Modified Android phones usually get one or two of updates (if you're lucky) and you have to wait half an year for the manufacturer to release it's version of the os.

Really you wouldn't want get a Samsung if you wish for a pure Android experience.

S8 stutters like a motherfucker and is the most breakable phone I've ever hold. And fuck I hate to hold it.

iPhone: no headphone jack, no stereo recording, no USB-C, either 4,7" (too small) or 5,5" (too big), extremely expensive to replace glass and last, but no least, shitty notification panel.

I'm fucked.

Used to be that way since kit kat and older. Now they get carrier OTA updates. But it's still kind of a pain since each carrier is tasked with sending those updates out and that can take a few months.

>"alright, let's try with Sony
>XZ1 is snappy, elegant, don't mind the bezels at all
>everything is feeling great
>go back home
>learn about lense distorsion for 4 generations of Sony smartphones
>plastic parts in a 600$ device
fixed in a software update that just came out

you can get a back glass replacement for less than $10 and you can improve the battery life tremendously by swapping the battery with a OEM S7 edge 3600 mAh battery.

that's not what I've read. Since the Z5 the problem has been persistent and it seems to be a hardware problem, not a software one. I'll be glad for you to prove me wrong, though.

I'd rather get a wireless charging and water resistant phone

and Oreo.

there's also the fact that Apple slow down their old phones to push you to buy new ones

You can get a Nokia if you don't live in America. It's build like a tank, but it's not water proof.

S6 has wireless charging

also oreo is overrated. it adds nothing new that's a must have.

the distortion is due to the super wide angle lens sony insists on using. the update software corrects that on the phone now, rather than you having to correct it in post processing

xperiablog.net/2017/11/16/xperia-xz1-and-xz1-compact-firmware-brings-camera-distortion-fix-47-1-a-5-51/

not working on mine since the beginning of the year.

The wide angle distortion is already corrected, yes. But is another kind of distortion the one that is suspected to be a hardware problem. Can't find the link. Give me a minute.

>gimps older iPhones
I've personally never experienced it, hence why I stick with iOS.

xperiablog.net/2017/06/21/sony-xperia-xz-premium-and-xzs-camera-distortion-issue-problem/

Really? Is the one thing keeping me away from iPhones.

>plastic parts fixed in a software update

if im not mistaken, this is the same problem. sony eventually said that its supposed to be that way due to the 25mm lens, and software correction is the only true "fix"

xperiablog.net/2017/10/24/sony-fixes-camera-distortion-issue-on-latest-xperia-flagships/

Oneplus 5T

they gave it more RAM too

reading right now. it looks like you were right. thanks a lot, user

OnePlus dude

For simple tasks and extensive social networking or media creation, iOS is better. Low audio latency, runs smooth 95% of time, and offers a polished UX but minimal customization.

Android is better to create special apps with custom requirements(in iOS is a PITA), do multitask and extensive customization. It also behaves better when you want to use non-default applications.

Yesterday, when reading a blog, the author said that when Apple was looking for a carrier to launch their iPhone, Apple had to make their device such that "the subscriber doesn't own the phone, but he's allowed to use their phone, instead" to convince the carrier to accept the offer.
That explains why do they exercise so much control overtime their devices.

Of course read around for other people's experiences, but I've personally never experienced it.

I reported that issue to Apple. Let's hope they reconsider and understand they're only confusing the user.
A single touch should disconnect, a longer one or force pressing should disable or open Settings.

Here's the answer, regardless of what anyone says...

iOS is smoother and more sleek in general. It's nicest for people that don't wish to tinker too much. IT JUS WERKZ

Android let's you do more without restriction, i.e. download torrents, watch said torrents, etc etc.

They're both good, just one is better for certain users and vice versa.

I have an android phone, although I also like iOS for phones, but cannot stand the iPad and will only use android on tablet, mainly cos I download and watch films on tablet.

My Android phone is smoother than my iPhone but I will say that iPhone is definitely for people who just want shit configured by default aka dumb women and parents.

S7 Edge, cheap now, but great

Android is objectively superior.
>available on phones and desktops
>doesn't need a SIM card or a cloud account to work
>has more functionality even non-rooted when compared to a jailbroken iOS
>is open source
However, SailfishOS is still better than android and I honestly think KDE Mobile / PureOS will be better too. Android still has a shitty update system and is too corrupted by corporations which try to lock it down as much as possible.

Pretty sure a long press on most devices would give you an option to mute your phone. At least that's how android 7 addresses this.

>user friendly
>iOS
Stop this meme. They're both near identical. It's easy to get used to either UI.

>complain about oleophobic
Moto X Pure didn't have it either.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

>stutters

I thought the processor was top?

>touchjizz

What's better, the s7 edge or the s8 for the price tag?

S7 Edge

I've used both, currently using iPhone X.

There are ups and downs to each, but the raw performance of iPhone X is what puts it above Android. There's no substitute for that lag free, timely update experience.

hurr hurr botnet

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I actually think the s7 edge is nicer looking too, I don't really like how tall the screen is on the s8.

I'll go with the edge. Anyone know how the S7 edge camera compared to the iPhone 7 though? I feel like the front cameras are garbage on Samsung.

It doesn't stutter. Touchjizz meme died like 2 years ago.
He's either a lying faggot or has botnet miner malware installed on his phone

it's samsung. they somehow manage to make it non-smooth

it stutters, especially when going to the app drawer or bixby or rapidly switching through apps. stop lying to yourself, man

Trick question, we all know they're both huge pieces of shit. And I'm not the kind of person who says that about every competing products, but they really are two pieces of shit.

Same here. iOS user since 2008 (ipod touch 2>iPhone 4>iPhone 5>iPhone 6>iPhone 7+). But I like keeping up to date with Android, I’ve still got a nexus 7 kicking around and always have an Android backup phone or two (a moto g2 and a nexus 5x right now) and it is just a preference at this point. I could do everything I use my iPhone for with an Android but just don’t care for it as much. The toxic ishit mentality gets old, especially from people who obviously have no experience with iOS (or are, frankly, too inept to understand a phone without an xda forum for it).

I’m always on the lookout for that device that would make me jump ship, but never really take the plunge. My prefs for pure android and easy rootability (ugh, if I never have to use Odin again it will be too soon) make the pixel 2+ the current one I kind of love...but that screen, man. I’ve seen it in the flesh and it ain’t great, and if it burns n in too? Fuck.

iOS has always been reliable. It has never caused any issues for me and battery life always got me through the day even with the comparatively small batteries.
Android has been powerful and easily customizable. It allows a ton of freedom and lets me easily do what I want. Unfortunately, it isn't the most stable, with alarms failing occasionally and battery life taking a shit some days thanks to an app deciding to shit itself. (Thanks Outlook and Jewtube)

Which font?

Yeah, but shared directories means the pics I might download from soc or hc go straight to my main download folder, accessible to all, instead of staying in, say, iCab’s sandbox and not cluttering up my camera roll.

And transferring files via wifi on ios is easy and has been a thing since at least iOS 2, and is easier all the time. Just because you don’t know how doesn’t mean it isn’t a thing.

no lag on my Galaxy S6

>lagOS
>reliable

Pick one.

This. It lags so fucking hard the cpu goes batshit insane and can't do dead simple basic arithmetic.

Had two SailfisOS phones, first ran it on a Nexus 4 and now with the Xperia X, very happy with it

> no botnet
> fast and smooth
> ui that isn't just shit iOS clone and multitasks well
> Jolla support their shit for years
> mostly open source
> exchange support baked right into the calendar and mail app
> android app support if you really need it

Why even use anything else?