Both are overheating shits.

Well I don't know about that it's still $2500
>Pixelsense
Aplel cucks on suicide watch

>2.5k dollaroos for an overheating facebook machine

>2500 burgers

what the fuck

Um, sweetie.

This is an odd comment. Neither OSX/MacOS or Windows are any more closed depending on the hardware you're using them on.

that's sad

>intel U processor
>gtx 1060
>$2500

>Windows laptop
>for Macbook price

Why would anyone do this?

Something like the Xiaomi Airs/Pros are compelling because they're much cheaper, but why spend thousands to be stuck using Windows?

The screen is a touchscreen with a wacom pen. For that amount of money, it's worth the price. But I'd personally like a cheap i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD and no touch gimmicks and shit.

Agreed, it's extremely sad. Manufacturers can make outstanding hardware but it will always be rekt by having to run the disgusting, bloated, clunky mess that is Windows 10.

Apple has under 10% share of the overall PC market, but something like a 90% share of PC's over $1000 (sold by OEMs anyway; I figure most +$1000k PCs are built from components).

I don't know why other OEMs keep trying to break into the high-end market; nobody with half a brain would pay a lot of money and be stuck with a bargain-basement adware OS like Windows.

they've had so long to rebuild from scratch with effort, but they simply will never care :(

*except those building a game console (effectively), where Windows is simply a launcher for their games.

CPU doesn't throttle so it's no different from a H series Quad Core.

Why is Sup Forums always hating on the "U"?

It's not cheaper to make then more powerful chips.
It's just optimized for laptops with shit cooling.
It's the correct choice for toys like this.

If they put an HQ in it wouldn't be any faster, it would just throttle constantly (as opposed to merely 90% of the time for the U)

>I don't know why other OEMs keep trying to break into the high-end market
Apple already proved there's a lucrative market of literal brain dead zombies that'll pay $1000+ for overheating underpowered trash with toddler toy joke of an OS.

> GPU Disabled
> Test running on different OS
holy shit, Apple BTFO

Microsoft needs to do with Windows that they did with IE: clean sheet a whole new design (a la Edge), and allow corporations to keep using "legacy Windows" if they need to maintain backwards compatibility.

Although this would only be worthwhile if they totally changed how they develop software, so they actually end up with something good this time.

>toddler toy joke of an OS
OSX is why Mac's are worth paying for (plus the non-shit components and design, but anyone can do that if they try / spend the money). What other OEMs can't have is a quality OS to run on quality hardware: it's either cobbled-together-by-poos Windows or overly-limiting ChromeOS.

It's not for consumers really - it's for business users who aren't paying out of pocket and need windows because all their shit runs in windows.

So maybe some consumers will buy it but it will mostly be business people who want something flashy that also runs all their companies shitty windows only apps.

On top of that, the new U's are quad core, not dual core, albeit at the same TDP. It should perform more like the HQ's though.

Uh, what? Macbook pro is higher in that screenshot? It blew everything out of the water

>comparing refurbished with new
gtfo retard

>>toddler toy joke of an OS
>worth paying for
Pick one.

You've clearly never used OSX, and have no idea how it's architected and how insanely polished it is (vs. Windows)

>The current state of windows poojeet poorfag shills
Lmaoing my ass off rn

>how it's architected and how insanely polished it is

Macos is a fucking joke, fuck off shill.

dell inspiron 7559 or some shit is probably right up your alley. The screens are kind of meh, but it lowers the price considerably. They probably have versions with better video cards too, and they're super easy to work on, so depending on the price it might be more economical to get one with an hdd and 8gb of ram, and just add an ssd or m2 card in and another 8gb of ram

It's funny because you can install any OS on a macbook.
And only Windows on surface...

Your boss will give you one of these, which one do you pick?

SB2 by a mile since I don't want to burn down my house.

>This kills the macbook.
>$2500
Not at that price point. You could buy to Macbook Pros for that amount...

Macbook Pro no question. Surface book is a high failure-rate consumer product with shitty QC and same for Windows 10.

>> GPU Disabled

Funniest thing: the iThrottlebook Pro was just as slow with the GPU enabled.

He disabled the GPU to eliminate any issues.
With the GPU enabled the differences are even bigger as the Windows laptops do benefit (a bit) from the GPU.

youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg

The surface is getting 95ºC CPU temps on heavy loads though while those new 2016-17 doesn't throttle anymore, getting 80ºC max.

The real firehouses are the old retinas, 100ºC on anything that isn't facebook.

>40+ year old corporation
>apple still has not hired a single engineer that knows how to design a cooling system

Why is this?

>non-shit components

>Foxconn

Easy: the more expensive one because I would sell it and buy a P51 instead.

I have two questions for you:
> Why would anyone render a video using integrated graphics?
> Why didn't he ran the test on Bootcamp?
> If he's using macOS, then anyone would rather use Final Cut Pro, which render way faster than any Adobe bullshit.

>non-shit components
>quality OS
>quality hardware
>macshit
2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple Evangelism Account.

>eBay
>REFURBISHED

Compare the new MacBook Pro to a new ThinkPad.

I don't see any fucking ports piece of shit.

>b-b-b-but muh utter shit tier low quality software renders faster!!1111
>t. mactoddler

Applel aren't the only ones that can pull that shit.

>banner ads directly in the software

>retard
mfw implying
Refurbished 550buckaroos shitty DualCore Dell is better than new MBP
iTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>trial software wants you to buy it
2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple Evangelism Account.

2 USB, displayport, usb c and sd card.

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

> Doing a render test with your GPU Disabled
> Thinking that it's valid

How dumb are you?

>> Why would anyone render a video using integrated graphics?

It runs on the CPU, not on integrated graphics.

>> Why didn't he ran the test on Bootcamp?

He's a photographer and videographer.
Not a computer wizz.

Video is him shopping around for a new workhorse to take to shoots.
It's representative to real world use in the creative industry, not some synthetic benchmark that means nothing to regular people.

>> If he's using macOS, then anyone would rather use Final Cut Pro, which render way faster than any Adobe bullshit.

That's probably what iTodlers will settle for, yes.
But if you want higher quality you're pretty much stuck with Adobe.

>i7
>GTX 1060
>$2500
kek, keep trying poorfag

read

There are many videos of people installing Linux on them. :)

> P51
I like the fact that it supports up to fucking 64GB of RAM, but c'mon, can't they just fucking update the GPU? It's a 3 year old Quadro.

Here is the first test, with GPU enabled.

He disabled the GPU only because he couldn't believe how slow the MBP was and suspected a GPU related issue.

>mactoddler has no argument
Poorly dodged Prakesh, no rupees for you.

>this kills the macbook
>doesn´t run Mac OS

Which one is better for 3D rendering?

>January 2017 was 3 years ago

>>doesn´t run Mac OS
That's a huge plus.

Fuck off with that not for consumers shit. Why's it in Best Buy then? I can't even get a T470 there but they stock Surface everything. It's a consumer toy. Nothing more.

>macbook prices
>can't install another OS
>lowest rated reliability of any manufacturer by Consumer Reports
wow awesome

> Pay as much as you would for a macbook
> Runs a shitty, spyware os
> Same shitty, spyware os is the target for the vast majority of the world's malware

Yeah, that will do it.

Are the Surface products really that bad? I was thinking of getting a Pro to replace both my current laptop and tablet, but after asking around I've gotten the impression of them still being bug-ridden af. It would be supercomfy to have one device for both tasks though. Should I give up on that dream and just get a ThinkPad?

Finally! A shitty windows laptop at a premium macbook price! just what I wanted.

> This kills the Surfacebook

FTFY

> Quadro M1200
> Maxwell
The P71 has the real GPU, up to a fucking 16GB P5000, however it's huge and expensive af.

The P51 deserves a P3000 at least.

Thinkpad P71 kills both!

implying they can

Maccucks will defend this.

The concept of the Surface is awesome, but Microsoft is very incompetent. It's basically riddled with quality control issues, shitty drivers and absolutely no support of other OSes. If you're fine with Windows 10 and a few crashes here and there, then maybe it's for you. Apple is unbeatable on that matter tbqh.

> Should I give up on that dream and just get a ThinkPad?
Thinkpad is the dream user.

> being this retarded

> fake news

Instead of LARPing, why don't you buy one then?

>i dont like it so it must be fake
The ABSOLUTE state of mactoddlerism.

> quad-core power
how does Microsoft manage do be even more retarded than Crapple?

Thinkpad P71 $2500 blow those laptop out of the water

DELET

> $2500
> $0.05 keys
Good job lelnovo

They stick to their their tradition. Pic related.

holy fucking shit that is embarrassing

>Pixelsense
Who the fuck comes up with these names. Not only that, but why not name it something cool. If I was the average Joe and I saw RETINA display vs "pixelsense" I'd be like, nigga that shit is called RETINA, I'm buying me a mac.

I'll take things that never happened for $500 Alex.

That stupid nigger pried that key up.

Yeh, I remember buying laptops back a few years ago. A Dell Inspiron with an Ultrasharp display 1366x768 of TN goodness!

top kek

I don't see how anyone on Sup Forums could actually be excited for this. It's all the worst things about a MacBook combined with all the worst things about a Windows shitbook.

This was also my initial reaction.

It's as if the Microsoft marketing department intentionally tries to make their products fail.

Poor Pajeet,
No Thinkpads for him.

Guess Pajeet will just have to buy a Macbook like all the other 3rd worlders.

nah, every Pajeet loves Android and Thinkpads. They love Windows as well.

They only love Windows XP

UltraSharp was genius, I remember it being my first LCD after coming from a 10" (I kid you not) 1024x768 CRT with one of the worst refresh rates I've ever seen to a 17" dell UltraSharp. I was like "man, this is the future."

Agree wholeheartedly, it sounds like a budget product name even though it costs $2.5k

The one with the 3:2 screen (SB2)

you've gotta be shittin me

16:10 is superior

Adobe products will run better on the surface so I guess that one.

> Radeon Pro 560
Why is Apple the only company that's using this GPU in a laptop?

Microsoft even copied the wallpaper, kek.

Why is everything trying so hard to become a macbook?