1080p content upscaling to 2160p

So if I buy this cheap TV from walmart will my1080p content look a little better when upscaled?

Worth it? Does Sup Forums 4k?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.directorzcut.com/2017/06/12/why-you-dont-want-to-buy-a-sharp-tv-in-the-u-s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

>content look a little better when upscaled

yes

yes

>inb4 maybe

>fighting niggers for meme friday sales

it's like you hate life

And which part of all day online you didn't understand?

>look the ip count after my post
>5
>look the ip count after your post
>5

hello samefag

they give you vouchers online/in store and you get it a few weeks later... due to logistics, walmart avoid the mad rush for limited products, and anyone who wants one while at the store can get a voucher and pay for it at the counter.

No you stupid fuck. 99% of 1080p content IS 720p content due to chroma sub sampling.

You would effectively be stretching a 720p image to 4K which will look absolutely abhorrent.

Just get a normal 1080p TV and watch true 1080p video (4K) on it instead.

pic very related

If I'm not mistaken even blu-ray discs store 4:2:0 video after the video has been butchered by a video editor that saves the master video as a high-bitrate 4:2:0 video.

Do you have a 4K TV?

Like hell I do. I do have a 4K blu-ray player though and that gives me better video quality than 1080p blu-rays do.

so you're saying I *should* buy it?

You're going to get dogshit video quality m8. 8K blu-rays won't be a thing for a while.

it says it's even HDR

Whatever floats your boat man but 8k content which is real 4k content won't be widely available for like another decade. You'll be dead before your 4K tv is worth a shit.

i bet playing 640x480 video files will look better on it too

Shit I might buy that and the iPhone 6.

Will this shit be sold out immediately though?

no, see:

Walmart is actually sane, unlike some stores

ok guess just have to wait a few weeks for it. Not even sure what I'd do with a 55" TV though thats way too big for my bedroom

Fuck no I'm an idiot. I'm not buying any of this shit. I really dont need any of it and in a week I'll forget all about it and just want more shit. Cant fall for these jewish tricks.

nah I did this already with a $199 1080p tv from walmart black friday 2+ (5+?) years go, it good

pretend bedroom is home theater, is good

>Walmart is selling a Samsung TV that's 55" but 1080p

Wut? Is this a case of brand name inflation?
Sorry. I'm a retard when it comes to TV pricing.

oops forgot. They're asking 447.99. Almost twice that of the similarly sized 4k.

literally end your yourself immediately

they're divx avi vhs upconverts too but on 55" 4k they will be amazing

hdr dynamic colors and tones

yeah

also how to h ook up VCR to HDMI?

If you upscale 1080p to 4k uhd it will just be 19200 pixels in 4k resolution

19200 pixels sounds intense honestly

can I handle it?

lel no, you're better off buying some high end 1080p tv than buying that garbage

no upscaling always looks like shit

Sharp says don't buy Sharp TVs in the USA. Hisense bought the brand rights, and are now shipping low quality shit to the US with the Sharp brand on it.

news.directorzcut.com/2017/06/12/why-you-dont-want-to-buy-a-sharp-tv-in-the-u-s/

You're probably better of purchasing some off brand walmart junk than a Sharp TV.

Hisense renames their tvs where i live too, they sell a similar model to OP's, 55" 4K HDR, for like 300 bucks.
It's a piece of shit not even remotely worth the money, it doesn't even come with android TV, just some shitty Opera TV garbage with html5 apps. You're better off buying a quality 1080p tv.

I'll post this here, Is it worth buying a cheap ~50" 4k TV? My brother is looking to replace his 9 year old 50" HD Plasma TV since it's starting to show defects, he mainly uses it as a computer monitor to play youtube videos and video games, he has a gtx 1070 so playback shouldn't be an issue. Just wondering if image quality is going to suffer with cheaper TVs.

Sanyo, Vizio, RCA and Samsung seem to be the other cheap choices, I guessing Samsung would be the best bet, right?