Why aren't you using FVWM, Sup Forums?

Why aren't you using FVWM, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

maxxinteractive.com/downloads/
maxxinteractive.com/site/?page_id=51
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a tie between this and dwm, but I'd rather tab between tags/views/desktops instead of accidentally moving the mouse into a blank screen

There was another de like this that was asthetic as fuck too. cant recall what it was for though, different operating system though it was ported to linux. Iirc it had soemthing to do with bell.
have a bump

this one
Common Desktop Environment

Because DWM is too god tier

CDE?

Enjoy your vulnerabilities

How much RAM does it use?

I'm not really sure where i'm gonna be going with my WM situation. I started with the typical Arch + i3 gaps meme, but then I started hopping for a bit and landed on Debian Testing + bspwm, which is quite comfy. Now I'm thinking of hopping again, but not sure about what. I know I want it to be a systemdless distro, but it's a tossup between trying out FrankenWM, which looks pretty interesting, or falling for the Wayland meme and using Sway.

Not sure why the fuck I wrote all of this, but since I did, any advice?

Just use whatever the fuck you feel like. WMs usually don't have a big difference in ram or system usage and it boils down to what you want out of a system.

Archbang or Star Linux

I use tiling only wm, but this looks nice.

Do you mean IRIX aka Maxx?

not it was cde

That's not mine, but it doesn't use that much (more than i3wm tho). Seems to be around 15MB, the entire OS uses 55MB.

>configure i3 once
>use it on any and all systems
why would I do anything different

>the entire OS uses 55MB.
What distro?

Pretty much what I do. The big benefit of these super-minimal window manager setups is that they are low enough in system resources to be used on literally anything, yet they are still fully capable of every essential feature one would need. That's why when I find a good comfy WM, I use it everywhere for a very consistent experience.

>What distro?

SparkyLinux.

Weird. I'm using Debian Testing (started from a minimal install), and getting like double that. Probably has to do with it being outputed to 2560x1600 though.

I didn't include the space taken by cache. With cache included the memory use is 234MB.

I'm not sure if mine includes that. I just went with what htop gave me.

I used free -h. The value in htop should be the "used" column you get with free, which doesn't include cache.

all the libmotif era desktop environments look like this

Really want to use MaXX, but I can't find a release for 1.2.0 and I haven't had the will to pull the deb and manually fetch/link the deps.

Why doesn't he have the release here:

maxxinteractive.com/downloads/

Sometimes taking it easy on Slackware is stressful.

There is no 1.2.0 release yet, it has been delayed due the whole thing being done by one guy. It's expected soon™

I got 1.1.0 working more or less on Arch Linux buy symlinking/LD_PRELOADing the right libs but gave up because 1.2.0 was meant to come out the next day, I'm still waiting.
He said the next versions are meant to be built against newer dependencies and be less dependant on specific versions of things so hopefully it comes soon.

shittiest configuration ever

maxxinteractive.com/site/?page_id=51

Please explain the 1.2.0 release date for those specific distributions.

Read the forum. That page has just not been updated.

Reminds me a little of Amiga Workbench

???

2017 not using dwm. You guys must be fat as fuck irl if you likee bloat that much

I find Dtwm to be the better gateway to the true Luddite Experience(TM)

That's only a problem if you for some reason don't have a firewall and you're using the GPL'd release, the version shipping on most SysVs fixed that rpcbind bullshit a decade ago and nobody gives a shit about popping exploits on something nobody of interest uses anyway.

a debian net install with openbox uses about 40mb ram

look into echo 3>>/sys/vm/drop_caches
my syntax might be slightly off

Imagine liking fractals so much you have it always there in your screen real estate
Just in case

is this the new destkop thread

Yes, suck my cock now.

lol every time you post i just laugh at u
just quit loser

Hey those are MagicWB icons.

Because I don't hate myself?

I own systems with modern hardware capable of things like desktop compositing without it making any noticeable impact on performance. I choose to run kde, because it's functional and attractive. It also doesn't look like 1993 took a shit on my monitor.

What are you mumbling about.
I'm serious, suck my cock now.

im serious quit being so embarrassing

>wanting a little sissy bitch to suck your dick
>embarrassing
No way.
Now get on your knees.

this is the internet
if i were standing in front of you could you say the same thing?

it doesn't matter if you could or couldn't. what matters is that you saying it over the internet implies that you couldn't in real life. its like that whole 'fite me irl' meme

its pretty much announcing to the world that your a loser with no confidence
now do you see how its embarrassing?

I like little sissy boys, unironically.
This has never been embarrassing for me, I know how it can be embarrassing to be asked however.
I'd very much enjoy your cute face when I say those words out to your face.

Confidence has never been an issue for me when it comes to those things.

im a girl

That's okay.
I like it when they pretend to be feminine.

>durrr why don't you use what i use durrr

how to make browser like that

very carefully

haha user now pls tell me senpai

Stop gaying up my thread thanks.

I LOVE SCREENFETCH!

Void linux + awesomewm

>3.2 kernel
>firefox with three tabs open
>Openbox
>980mb RAM

unused ram is wasted ram
also crunchbang is stable

>crunchbang is stable
It's also dead. Anything based on Debian stable will be stable.
Install BunsenLabs.

>Install BunsenLabs.
bwaahahaha

>mfw I use just over 150MB more running KDE and having 12 tabs opened n Firefox
get your shit together

literally a meme distro