botnet

it's not in my country

this
also paid shit

responsible for the inevitable demise of music industry

160kbps max on mobile

I run a portable amp so instruments start getting quiet through my headphones

how?

You have to stay continuously connected to a remote server running proprietary software, the locally stored music is obfuscated so no program other than Spofity can play it, it tracks everything you do (what music do you listen to, how often, for how long etc.)

Really? Is the "extreme" setting 160kbps?

>facebook
>machine learning playlist generator
>"shuffle" algorithm actually plays certain music based on location
stallman.org/spotify.html

Why wouldn't I just continue to torrent and take my iPod with me if I want to listen to music?

how?
>being this paranoid
>not knowing what a botnet is

Payola, just like stupid fucking pandora and iheartradio
Retarded shit for normies that fills their head with imfectious pop music designed to be addictive
I use google play music since i'd rather be botnet than have my ears be enslaved

does google player have more music?

Because Deezer exists and a subscription is included in my $8 mobile phone plan.
Because bandcamp exists and lets me download music in mp3/ogg and even flac, no less.
Because kekify is an enemy of freedom, pushing html5 DRM agenda.

>have my ears be enslaved
lmao ok dude, you're really enlightened and smart unlike all the spotify sheep!!!!

>html5 is a bad thing

>DRM

NO CC ;-;

Don't you have to own a Fagbook account to use Sporkify?

lol because piracy is so much better

>160kbps max on mobile
but isn't ~160kbps vorbis considered pretty much transparent to the sauce?

Yeah

It costs money and much of the music I listen to isn't there.

nope

I'm using it 24/7 at home, on the go and at work. A billion times easier to find new music without having to download and index everything first and I don't need to sync up every device individually (I'm aware of libresonic, but even that needs to be populated first).
Because of the family subscription my friends are able to use it as well for free.

>DRM
>proprietary
>ads if you don't pay
>botnet

If you spend the money you'd pay for spotify on one CD per month, you will have better audio quality and more freedom .

I too enjoy listening to one album on repeat per month.

Because Soulseek exists.
Because Spotify-dogfood exists.
Because Torrent exists.
Because Youtube exists.

>ads if you don't pay
>not using adaway and the custom spotify app with ads removed

>Because Spotify-dogfood exists.
Tell me more. Does it let you skip songs and stuff?

I'm currently using SpotifySkip with xposed, but I still get ads. I didn't mind until they started repeating the same time wasting self ads twice in a row

yes, I use it and I didn't even know there was a limit on song skipping in theur stock app. Also I haven't heard a single ad

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

This, although new versions of the app stopped giving me the no shuffle and infinite skips feature on my phone. It's like it can't get the app to treat my phone as a tablet for some reason. No idea why.

You're still limited to 160 kbps and no downloading (what's the point anyway?) though.

But i am

No, it's 320 kbps. Even on mobile networks.

Because I already have a ~3TB FLAC collection which I paid $0 for.

Woah what is that visualizer?

I want to switch to gpm, but it's mobile app on android is a fucking disaster.
Spotify is also a garbage app, but at least it's somewhat functional. gpm has some crack smoking designers so shit like the scroll bar has inexplicable padding from the right side of the screen and you can't easily download all your songs. What the fuck is up with that?

The ROM is AOSP extended on the motoG3, hidden in menus there is a lot of cool stuff like that visualiser for the bar, a bigger version for the lockscreen, and a lot of mods for the status bar (the white line at the top is the battery indicator, plus you can move and mod the clock)

Clean, incredibly stable and fast, 9/10 best ROM, just don't do OTA updates

I'm using XenonHD, there were the taskbar mods in setting, didnt see anything for navbar tho

Found the hidden menu, it is called "pulse" (sorry for the Italian text), maybe there's some way to install it in other ROMs

Anyway I like custom design on android but yours is too... Heavy, maybe you could reduce the icon size, remove some icons and add a bit of color

paying shit without getting a copy, how cucked can you be

>DRMs
>No FLACs

This

Really? I was about to set my streaming to extreme quality (320)

It's awful without Equalify. Shit should be built-in by default really.

You can but it is only visual in the settings. Even if you can't hear the difference, monitoring the app's traffic shows it's definitely not 320kbps.

>>>"shuffle" algorithm actually plays certain music based on location

I hate this so much, it only recommends me shitty spic music since I live in South America.

sauce on that pic?

spotify web + ublock origin
spotify exe + edited hosts file
modified spotify apk that block adds and allows 320kbps

use your brain niggas

also, >fell for the flac meme

>machine learning playlist generator
hey now , i appreciate that the personal "your timecapsule" playlist is actually good , its very refreshing as i dont remember the titles of most songs i listend to / got played back in the day

learning algo =/= evil

>sister pays spotify family
>gives me subscription for free
thanks

is there a spotify mod that adds real music to it?

what music do you like user?

Gpm is perfect on my phone, honestly. S7 edge. And there is a great 3rd party desktop app

just use ublock and web spotify

noise
power electronics
meme bandcamp artists
70s-80s jpop

spotify has some, but even if it has an artist it doesnt have full discography

I only listen to music when I drive.
And I only drive with Eurobeat.
Also normie shit.

Because it has been over a week since Taylor Swift's album was released and it's still NOT on Spotify.

No jap shit

>Like most "music screaming" dis-services, Spotify is based on proprietary malware
>Out, out, damned Spotify!
how can one man be so based

Is 320 actually working in your app? Most people like have said it's just a setting change that doesn't really change quality.

Ease of use between my PC/Laptop/Phone/PS4. Really the only reason I use Spotify over another music streaming app.

its up to the artist to upload it on spoty , so complain to your fav artists

some are dead
others think its a botnet bullshit that doesnt pay them and i agree with them

> stupidly small library
> retarded file format
> botnet
> can't customize the way it looks
I could afford as many hard drives as I wish, then FLAC + good music player is the way to go.

Honestly.
Why are all of us expected to like bachata and Latin music? Only spic music I jammed to was Soda Stereo and Vilma Palma e Vampiros.

You can't call 160 kbps music.

I do

desu the interface is pretty fucked. Like if I save individual albums of an artist, when I select them from my artists page it gives me a giant playlist of all songs from those albums in order of when I saved the album
literally what the FUCK. Just allow me to click on artist and view a selection of albums for FUCKS sake just like every other service on the planet.
is apple music any good if I don't have an Iphone?

They do have an equalizer now

over time you will get a huge collection

It has no music.

> CDs
> Better audio quality

>Just allow me to click on artist and view a selection of albums for FUCKS sake just like every other service on the planet.

You can literally do that if you're not retarded.

B-but i do. It's a nice way to pirate shit.

No, but you can't get 320 kbps MP3 without a premium account any way.

no, when I click on an artist I get a playlist of dozens of songs organized by album. I want to be able to select an album without have to scroll through an expanded list

Correct.

Why would I use it?
It doesn't have all the music I want. And the alternative is free, doesn't require any extra programs and provides better quality.

Insecure as fuck for linux

I made it the way I like it, maybe once I get bored of it, i was sick of tiny icons and colors before

There are free alternatives such as soundcloud and an ad blocked youtube, I'm always connected to some from of internet so offline doesn't appeal to me as a feature.

Prefer YouTube

I listen to indie trash on Soundcloud

Cause I use Google Play so I can keep my streamed and downloaded music in one place. And YouTube red is a nice bonus

Just here to shitpost and admit to using Spotify.

Like this?

that's album view, dumbass. I want to, for instance, click on "Led Zeppelin" then click on "Led Zeppelin I, II, III" etc.

on Arch it is just a few clicks away

>I want to be able to select an album
>that's album view, dumbass

I don't get what the fuck is your problem then

I use Spotify without Facebook

misunderstanding. You posted artist narrowed album list, but thats because you haven't saved any of their albums
go to bob dylan or ennio morricone
they have too many albums to rationally sort through them every time you want to select them, so you would want to save the albums you actually listen to
now after you've saved even one album, click on Bob Dylan from the artist page of your followed artists. You'll get a single list of the songs from your saved albums, and have to scroll through the massive list or go to the artist page and scroll through the massive list of albums
OR you can go to album view, see all saved albums sorted by artist in alphabetical order, and have to scroll through them all instead of being able to select artist, select album, and play like a normal human being has been doing their entire lives

>>not knowing what a botnet is
Clearly that is you

Because it's gay bloaty botnet that is fucking slow and doesn't connect. Doesn't have songs I like and has no equalizer support on my phone (Huawei botnet p8 lite) also, why would I want to stop listening to music when I'm say, on a train and my 4g cuts out? What the fuck? Local music doesn't have that

>look through mail
>spotify notification about premium
>i don't use spotify, so i dismiss it as a fishing attempt
>later date i get another one
>look at it, see the username is taras_toys
>it's some store for autistic kids toys(at least they got that right)
>change my passwords, including the spotify one
>had free botnet for over a year before the stupid chink found out
Thanks botnet!

Because the logo is slightly slanted and annoys me