1. Your country?

1. Your country?
2. Are these men instantly recognizable by the majority of your population?
3. Do you know who they are?

Finland
Yes
Yes

>WV
>idk
>idk, bill gates and steve jobs

I'd hope so for your sake you know all three

People know gates and jobs but i don't know if they also recognize the pictures
Dunno who the nigga on the left is

Theo de Raadt, Richard Stallman, and Mark Zuckerberg
What do I win?

It's Swedish Linus Torvalds, he created Linux.

It's annoying that the two businessmen are thought of as computer geniuses while the Swede is the only one with technical expertise

FUU FUU HIS FINNISH !!!

It's doubly annoying that you actually believe this reddit tier meme

>linus torvalds
>swedish

1. RF
2. No
3. Torvalds, Gates and Jobs

Keep crying, mongols.

>responding to shitty bait

Not the guy on the far left

I know, right? He's obviously American.

Some people would recognize Steve Jobs.
Fewer would recognize Gates.
Pretty much nobody will know the Swedish dude.

this

Bill Gates at least wrote a BASIC interpreter and the FAT filesystem.

Jobs probably and i bet one that other guy could recognize Gates.

Who the fuck is the guy on the left?

>he created Linux
Oh, great, it's fucking nothing

If only you knew how ignorant that makes you sound

Your post is a reddit meme.

He just took credit for other people's work. It should be Linus(Sweden), Kildall(US), and Woz(US).

REEEE

Guy u are making me very angry! LINUS IS NOT SWEDISH !!!

>it's fucking nothing

>while posting on a site hosted on a Linux server.
>while probably using an Android phone running Linux

yep, i recognize Bill
but Linus without his glasses is unrecognizable, why you cheat on us like this OP

Woz left Apple in 1981, tardo. Bertrand Serlet and Avi Tevanian are more technically relevant to Apple's resurrection.

I recognize them. But most people only know Microsoft Bob and Apple Jack.

It's GNU/Linux

>Torvalds
>Meaning, origin and history of the name Torvald. From the Old Norse name Þórvaldr, which meant "Thor's ruler" from the name of the Norse god Þórr (see THOR) combined with valdr "ruler".

He's Swedish, Chingis.

>Meme operative system that even though it's fucking FREE gets its ass kicked by the ones you actually have to pay for.
If i wanted to feel special while not being able to run 70% of my shit for compatibility issues i'd just get a mac. Linux has no place in this world.

Steve was a dirty hippy who only knew how to sell, if he never met Woz he'd be selling used cars or dick enlargement pills to Canadians.

>70% of my shit
For programmers, it's 0%

>literally the most successful CEO in history was a dirty hippy who only knew how to sell
confirmed redditor

born and raised in finland

looks like a finn

>Finnish-American software engineer t. wikipedia

Are german-americans (for example) also actually german instead of american?

>RF
more like USSR amirite haha

He's Finnish-American, lives in Portland.

In fact, most kernel contributors are American.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

thats because youre a beta cuck that identifies with that fatass

wozbitch wouldnt have done anything for his life without jobs

Oh, and who are are those? Perhaps the 2% of mememasters that use their dank system while the other 98% of the thinking men that don't need to feel like special snowflakes use windows/mac?

What about this guy?

No. He became American. He was born and raised in Finland and Linux was invented in Finland, not America. He only left for America to take a job after university.

>don't need to feel like special snowflakes
>use mac
choose one

>2%
You don't know shit

>responsible for 99.9% of security vulnerabilities in modern software
What a legacy

>while posting on a site hosted on a Linux server.

It's FreeBSD, last I heard.

Retard

Most of the middle class would recognize Gates and Jobs or at least be embarrased that they didn't, for the majority of the population whose smartphones are more powerful than any laptops/desktops they may own it probably doesn't make a difference. Other than geeks no one here would recognize Swedish Beau Bridges.

>Linux has no place in this world.
Not for average plebs, sure.

But for other applications (such as servers or special purpose computers) it's widely used, and for good reason.

Oh, sorry, how much was it again? 3%?

I'm pretty sure you've succeeded in trolling yourself harder than anyone else in the thread at this point. Calm down and go beat up your pillow or something.

>98% of the thinking men that don't need to feel like special snowflakes use windows/mac
Or you could just be like those people that were sick of having Windows spy on them. Sick of having forced updates with "features" you can't turn off that are invasive, sick of having your data sent to Microsoft. Sick of having your data sold so you could be spammed with more ads. Sick of Cortana watching you and listening to you even when you're not using it, sick of not being able to turn many of these features off and some you can but are turned on by default. Sick of shitty desktop environments like the ones in Windows 10, and sick of slow laggy shit all the time because of all the telemetry shit and other garbage Microsoft uses.

There is literally no reason to use WIndows anymore. And with Windows 10 and all their forced updates and features you can't change, it's almost like they're trying to lose customers and push people away.

>more like USSR amirite haha

Nope, more like RSFSR.

Second two (Jobs and Gates) yes by people under 40.

1. flag
2. Only Jobs and Gates
3. Yes

FINLAND

I'm a robotics undergraduate and every my friend/relatives are either math/engineer grads/undergrads or very experienced users.

As expected, in my group it would be 100% recognition rate, because we had to learn fucking assembly and work with various OS.
But I am frankly unsure about the rest.

Bet you feel like a hero of justice that doesn't fall for the same old tricks the common pleb does and contributes his little grain of salt to fight the corrupt big corporations by using his little hipster alternative.
Cut the bullshit and use W7.

Linux kernel is one of the most important programs ever created. It is used everywhere, from smartphones to satellites, you ignorant cocainigger

Isn't android run on that?

Nice trolling there.

Finland
Nope, not the left one. Middle Very Much. Right Sometimes.
Yes

It is.

Nope, I don't care about any of that shit.
Other people may not give a shit about themselves and put their entire lives on display and let their data be freely taken. But I do, so I'll not use Windows. That' all.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Android's underlying base is so shit that even Google has given up trying to fix it, which is why they're aggressively working on a replacement called "Fuchsia".

Yeah, if you're using an Android phone, which the majority of the world does, you're using Linux.

I guarantee this cocainenigger Colombian troll uses an android phone. Pretty ironic

Nigga, Google just wants to make more of their own shit to make people use their product so they can collect data. Google is a notorious datamine.
Just look at Pokemon Go, that shit isn't made by Nintendo, it's made my Google and it's getting millions of people's GPS data without even trying.

1. Flag.
2. Only the guys in the middle and the left.
3. Of course. From left to right: Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos

I've always been wondering what do they need all these data for. Lamers usually abide by the law or just don't use technologies to commit crimes, cyber-wrongdoers are smart, 99.9999% of said date are useless shit, that can't even be used to compromise a user.

You don't think tons of data of every person on earth has any value?

Knowledge is power.
And they do it so they have the data should they ever need to sell you out on something. Say you get accused for some bullshit crime, whether you did it or not. Police will inquire as to your computer habits for clues and suddenly they've got your entire browsing history going back a decade, every email you've ever sent, every post you've ever made in a forum, and everything you've ever done on social media. They know where you've been based on GPS records from your phone that they got because you used your google account or apple account or whatever. Suddenly you're being incriminated for some other bullshit because you made racist troll comments on a Byzantine papier-mâché imageboard.

There is every reason you should be afraid of your data being collected but the average person only cares about posting what they ate for lunch on Facebook.

>implying i even have a smartphone
That connection between linux and android is a mere failed attempt to grasp at straws. Android became something of its own, just like brazilians may have common roots with humans but you can't say a human is the same as a monkey.
I guess an amerifat wouldn't get it, seeing as you guys think having 1/16th of geman blood makes you european.
What a sad attempt to give relevance to your shit meme system. At least be sincere enough to admit you like hipster bullshit instead of trying to make it look like a legitimate alternative

Normies don't know Linus

>resorting to name calling and ad hominem
I'll consider this argument won. Run along now and go troll somewhere else

Come on man, it's kinda early in the day to have that dildo shoved so far up your ass, chill.

What argument are you talking about, dipshit? There's no need for arguments when discussing an eternal and absolute truth like Linux sucking dick. I'm just asking you to be honest with yourself, and if you're gonna use your meme system no matter how stupid it is, then at least do it proudly without trying to make it look like a valid choice.

Hosted on Mac minis

Bamp

Benis, nerd, and Satan

1.Russia.
2.Only that guy in the right side.
3.Of course no, how can you ask that kind of questions?