Latest on the libreoffice mascot dumpster fire

Latest on the libreoffice mascot dumpster fire

design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2017/11/20/statement-mascot-project/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender_(software)#Use_in_the_media_industry
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I seriously hope someone forks libreoffice for all this they've done

>We have made several mistakes, but so did those who wanted to push forward their idea, because they liked one proposal over the others, without getting the necessary consensus.
Bullshit. Libbie was top voted and they know it, otherwise they would have published the vote results.

t/n: please stop sperging already you fucking weeb furries

No, fuck you. Libreoffice only got some decent development after forking from OpenOffice. What they need is a theme with Libbie and the other good candidates and fuck off with the whole idea of a mascot.

I know I didn't vote for her.

Yeah, an open foundation that doesn't publish their data doesn't deserve respect.

>The current mascot project will not lead to any decision. A LibreOffice mascot will have to be the expression of the entire LibreOffice community, and not of individuals or groups on either side.
Ah, democracy!

Can anyone make out what this guy is trying to say? It sounds like he just copy-pasted an essay in italian to google translate

why don't they focus on actually making libreoffice compatible with the formats 99.999% of adults use?

The real dumpster fire are the people sperging out about a fucking office program mascot. The idea is already stupid, just look at Libbie's creator's twitter. It's top cringe material.

Lost it.

Holy shit is that real

He's right you know. The competition was a joke and regardless of what you think of his work, he clearly spent a lot of time on it.

yes

Go away, Tyson

So make it the mascot for the new Libreoffice Qt5 port. All the other projects that accepted his ideas have something to do with KDE anyway.

Also, he is as autistic as I expected from a furry.

And CWC spent a lot of time on Sonichu.

pamlooinpoo

I absolutely HATE furrfaggots with a fiery passion. If I ever see one, I'd beat that piece of shit to death.

He's saying "we fucked up and/or were pretty much caught in the act of a scam". It's as close as a corporate tier entity will ever come to apologising.

someone fork libreoffice to libbieoffice

Just make a fork and copy all other changes from version to version, so we can have the latest libreoffice, but with our mascot of choice.

and honestly, it doesn't have to be anything super fancy for now, just change the splash screens to include libbie and track all changes from libreoffice

It's a mascot not a logo.
Does it even show up in the program?

Fuck off back to salty furcrap

what happened to birdie?

I didn't vote for furshit, but the people's choice should be respected.

>A LibreOffice mascot will have to be the expression of the entire LibreOffice community
Hardly seems like a realistic or even attainable goal.

This is exactly why FOSS is and always will be shit, and why nobody is and will ever take it seriously.

Libbie wasn't that bad. Why did they pull it?

This is always retarded because they clearly don't like in which direction the community is taking it. Then they say, the community must decide. Which is it?

Do they want to pick this thing, or do they want the community to pick this thing? It seems like they want the community to do free work for them by providing ideas that they can ultimately pick.

Because it was a furry garbage. They should've taken off the other one remaining too.

>Windows and Mac users are busy getting work done, using Microsoft Office, Pages, Keynote etc.
>creating content with a variety of high-quality, industry standard application suites

>meanwhile freetard/poorfags argue over logos and mascots

Hahahahahahahahah

>All anthropomorphic animals are furry
Not everything is made for masturbating. Guys a chink who is only talented at all in that art style

>Not everything is made for masturbating
The furry OP is actually sexualizing it.

Quick rundown for a newfriend?

sure:

weebs are mentally ill

Oh well in that case I am no longer defending his work

It turns out weebs and furries are the majority so they are trying to SHUT IT DOWN™ but looking like fools because they lack the PR training of Major companies

This. How can you be an "open" foundation and not make the poll data public?

Its literally the opposite of transparency.

fursecution!

Someone post that cockatoo logo. That one is the winner. I decide.

No you wouldn’t you nerd.

>If you're a open source project I'll work for free

Based.

What's wrong with it?

anime website

pretty much /thread right here.

>windows-using otaku come up with shitloads of OS-tans with zero drama
>microsoft makes it an official thing
>everyone's happy
>FOSS community tries the same for one project with a miniscule userbase
>complete meltdown
librecucks eternally btfo

Here’s the real story:

Freetards and NEETs have too much time on their hands, so they will design and sexualise logos, and get mad when no one wants them.

They will then continue to argue about it until it all gets shut down due to autism.

While all this is happening, the Winfags/Macfags have been at work/school/actually doing something with their lives.

I'm a weeb too baka, just telling him how it is.

He's mostly talking about his job. Had the whole workplace running OSS and along comes a new boss and has almost everything to Windows.

Trying REAL hard to fit in there, user.

>implying LibreOffice users aren't also doing work with it
I don't think anyone outside of these Yugoslavian pencil sharpener imageboards and Libreoffice's own development team gives a flying fuck about this.

Birb's with Libbie now.

Thanks. Where can I see the furry logo they rejected?

Honestly the foss community is full of egotistic retards that routinely prevent progress. The blender guys basically told everyone they dont want their ui to be improved to keep people from using it, and the community agreed because they like feeling special more than they like blender actually becoming an industry standard and driving force for change, which it has the capability to be if people would just use it. Instead it's deliberately kept niche while the Jews at Autodesk and the foundry rape wallets

t. Normalfag.

Mhm okay dude that’s why there’s a €90m effort to get back to Windows and Office 2016, right?

>their ui to be improved
You mean become a clone of whatever you use.

90m vs how much MS is putting into the coffers.

I use both LibreOffice and Excel for work, and Excel absolutely shits over LibreOffice. Kind of odd given how much Microsoft usually blows.

Bring it *grabs gun*

Which open source projects have good anime Mascots? I wanna donate like 200 bucks to them and send a screenshot to libreoffice

You've probably met several without realizing it if you spend any amount of time outside of your room.

Mentally ill furfag is just spamming Sup Forums. Nobody here cares either.

Nothing, the €90m is how much they need to pay to switch back and cover 20,000+ Linux machines.

The city saved €10m in costs from switching to Linux, but actually spent €19m on the project, a net loss of €9m

>"Today, with a Linux client-centric environment, we are often confronted with major difficulties and additional costs when it comes to acquiring and operating professional application software.

>"In the long term, this situation means that the operation of the non-uniform client landscape can no longer be made cost-efficient,"

What's wrong with blender's ui?

>blender actually becoming an industry standard
It already is an industry standard you brainlet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender_(software)#Use_in_the_media_industry
>Blender started out as an in-house tool for NeoGeo, a Dutch commercial animation company.
>Blender is used by NASA for publicly available 3D models.
>NASA also used Blender and Blend4Web to develop an interactive web application to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the Curiosity rover landing on Mars.
>The first large professional project that used Blender was Spider-Man 2
>The French-language film Friday or Another Day (Vendredi ou un autre jour) was the first 35 mm feature film to use Blender for all the special effects, made on Linux workstations.
>Blender has also been used for shows on the History Channel
>Tomm Moore's The Secret of Kells, which was partly produced in Blender by the Belgian studio Digital Graphics, has been nominated for an Oscar in the category "Best Animated Feature Film".
>Plumíferos, a commercial animated feature film created entirely in Blender
>Special effects for episode 6 of Red Dwarf season X, screened in 2012, were created using Blender as confirmed by Ben Simonds
>Blender was used for both CGI and compositing for the movie Hardcore Henry.
>The special effects for the TV series The Man in the High Castle
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Sabogal
>Lights Out (2016) and Annabelle: Creation.
>credit sequences in Wonder Woman (2017)
>Cinderella the Cat (2017).

DashGL.

Krita.

That's a pretty big if, user.

Dude, people sexualize everything. There's R34 stuff for Clippy. Google it if you don't believe me.

Looks like the child of Libbie and Midna

>Nothing

You do know this was part of the deal for MS to set up shop there, right?

It's not just like whatever he uses.

Benefit of the doubt.

furry website

global rule 3

>Eurofag local government doesn't know how to budget

Wow, who'd have thought that would ever happen.

Please provide your sources or get out.

>government doesn't budget
Shortened that sentence for you.

You think MS setting up shop in town lobbying, and paying the sky high taxes there was coincidence?

right here

>t. Amerimutt trillions of dollars in debt

Hahhaahaha

Thanks. I like the art style, character's kinda gay tho

I said anime not furshit

Your speculation is not proof.
Please provide evidence or leave.

Burden of proof is on the accuser.

Touch a nerve there eurofag? Remind me again, how much is Germany doling out to kababs to hump the blond out of Deutschland?

>we are often confronted with major difficulties and additional costs when it comes to acquiring and operating professional application software.
So, they didn't plan shit at all before they switched to Linux, no wonder they're having "problems".

Libreoffice IS compatible with the standards for those formats. The problem is that MS Office isn't compatible with the offical .docx standard.

No nigger. You actually can find records of the lobbying. Easily. Google is a thing now.

I HAD THOUGHTS OF VENGEANCE

>>t. Amerimutt trillions of dollars in debt

THANKS OBAMA!

We might have Muslim problems, but I'd easily take a muslim population that has the potential to be productive, than a 'Merican nigger population.

Then why aren’t you providing the evidence? Burden of proof is on you. This is how an argument works.

I suspect it’s because you’re talking out of your ass.

How the FUCK did that guy blow fucking 10 TRILLION in 8 years?

You 'mericans worshiped a free spending fool.

Enjoy having your grand kids praying with their asses in the air away from Mecca.

Negative euros.
Immigrants pay more into the German welfare state than they take out on a whole.

I’m not German mate, just pointing out the pot calling the kettle black.

>has potential to be productive
Ok Muhammad