Why is MEGA.nz such a meme file hosting website?

Why is MEGA.nz such a meme file hosting website?

Haha, RAM-let

Pretty sure that's just localstorage, not RAM.

Memory refers to RAM, not storage.

Not in all situations.

> Has a shit computer
> Tries downloading and decrypting huge file in memory
> Browser throws out of memory error
> "Man why is MEGA such a meme!"

Mega is not at fault for you not understanding the basics of how computers work.
If you are going to try and store a huge file in memory, you should make sure you have enough memory to actually store it.

An NS_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY indicates you're out of memory.
Exceeding your browser's local storage quota would result in a QUOTA_EXCEEDED_ERR (or equivalent) error.

>8gb of RAM not enough to download a 1GB file because muh epic alternative download method
kill yourselves

Why wont they let me DL files bigger than 2GB without client anymore? i used to use it as a backup of my older/LAN games and now I can't get them otherwise because they're all .RAR'd up. Give me back my extension.

>8GB RAM

The official reason is that their download method isn't compatible with browser technology that can't store that large of a file in local storage

The actual reason is that they want you to download their exe and run it so they can start making money off of you.

RAMlets, when will they ever fucking learn

answered your own question

Is megadownloader still kill?

it really first downloads file to ram, ultimate shit

>Year of Our Lord 2017
>Being a Ramlet

> What is memory allocation
> What is ram usage
> What is per-process memory limitations
> What is browser JS engine memory limitations

Like I said, learn about computers before you open your mouth and start spewing bullshit. It just makes you look like a moron.

Because a lot of browsers still run in 32-bit processes, which unless they are compiled with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE and run on a system with certain advanced properties tweaked, have a hard limit of 2GB of ram. Which means if you tried downloading a file larger than 2GB, you'd encounter an OUT_OF_MEMORY error, since the file needs to be stored and decrypted in memory.

It's easier to tell people "Hey download the client" than instructing them on how to download this very specific 64-bit compatible browser, or tweaking advanced windows settings to enable >2GB of ram per 32-bit process.

Yes. It worked because of an exploit which was patched. Mega is no longer viable as a completely free filehost for large files, only option now is google drive

Aw man, Google is like the bottiest of botnets. I feel paranoid when I use Gdrives to download media.

Nothing is free on purpose. Mega was just a happy accident. Stick to torrents or accept that you're going to pay for your media in some form.

Increase your local storage settings.

>Sup Forums im retarded wtf???!