Moving to Spane

Want to spend a couple of months in Spain over winter. Possibly Canary Islands because it's warmer. Want to decompress/smoke weed and learn Spanish..

Is it easy to find flatshares in Spain?
Where should I move to? (Not to many Br*ts pls)

Premier.

what did he mean by this..?
also please don't post anime in my theads ever again.

>Is it easy to find flatshares in Spain?
Yeah, usually for students tho.
>Where should I move to?
Dunno.

It's not anime :^)

what websites do people use to find flatshares? or is it mainly ads in newsagents/papers etc?

I want to learn Spanish and be somewhere fairly mild/warm with access to weed. If I go Canary Islands or Andalusia I'll speak like a redneck apparently?? Is Madrid good?

People in canary islands speak the same forn than Venezuelan, Colombian.

Is pretty the same

form*

If you register a .es domain. And they ask for your ID number. Does the Spanish government / dominios.es respect your privacy? Or they give the number out on request?

I don't know there are probably websites.
In Canary Islands and part of Andalusia they speak similar to latin america, so it'll be easier for you I think, because to be honest I've never seen a brit speaking spanish like we do in most of Spain. In other parts of Andalusia they speak with a lisp that is generally considered redneck.
Also you'll have to know someone who sells weed, it's not like you can just go to a store and buy it.

thanks anons. maybe the canaries it is then.

They are considered rednecks in Spain because they love rodeó, bullfighting and corridas etc.

Andalusians moved to México (spanish colonial era)

if he goes to madrid he only has to find a nigger in retiro and buy weed easy

>Want to decompress/smoke weed
Kill yourself.

going to Canary Islands is almost like going to a Latin American country (without poverty or crime, though)
They are the most moorish of spaniards since the natives of the islands were lost berbers, and the spanish colonists mixed with them.

Great place, but you will not speak like someone from Madrid.

Spaniard?

me? nah, english

Hi there lad. I'm going to Madrid for five months next week. Looking forward to it man, my spanish still sucks balls though.

For what purpose?

FUCKING GUIRIS GET OUT OF MY SACRED HISPANIA REEEEEEEEEE

Internship. Language at work is English (thank God). I'm still practicing Spanish, but it's not going all that well...

We're staying in a hostel for the first week and will look for a place to stay. Got any tips?

Don't go near gypsies and romanians.

If you're young enough, try luck in universities since a lot of students share flat.

>a lisp that is generally considered redneck
I thought all Spaniards spoke with a lisp? Isn't that what differentiates you from Latin America?

I'm 19 and so is the friend I am going with. We look like we're in our twenties though. Got any experience with sites like Erasmusu or Idealista?

Thank hombre

No idea about the sites, didn't even knew they existed, sorry. I was talking out the experience of spanish young people moving to Madrid or Barcelona.

stay north

You can climb the Teide if you want to decompress.

I agree if what he wants is to see top spain. If his priority is "because it's warmer" going to the north is a mistake. He will get brit climate.

>the lisp meme again
's' and 'c/z' have a different sound in the Spanish language. In the regional dialects of a small part of Andalucía and the Canary Islands, they're pronounced with the same sound. The conquistadores, before going to America, stayed in these places, picked up the dialect and brought it to the New World.

It's not a "lisp", it's the original and regular pronounciation of the Spanish language.

y otro que cae en el bait del chicano

>People in canary islands speak the same from than Venezuelan, Colombian.
No we dont

It's true, canarian is even worst.

Eh, maybe lisp is not the appropiate word. We don't even have a translation for "lisp" in spanish actually.
We have three different pronounciations in Spain:
The "standard" one: z, ce, and ci are pronounced like "th". S is just pronounced like an s.
"Seseo": z, ce, ci and s are all pronounced like "s".
And "ceceo": z, ce, ci and s are pronounced like "th". This is the one considered redneck.

Different leters have different sounds nigger

Seseo is redneck too t.b.h.

Yeah, but some people like it for some reason, while everyone thinks ceceo sounds like shit.

Burger who just arrived in Madrid for study abroad here. Study in Madrid, Toledo or Vallencia if you want to learn Spanish because their accents are pretty standard and their zones aren't cucked by meme languages like Catalan.

I find both sexy on women and obnoxious on men, like 90% of accents

The weather is nice but.. with the employment...
Maybe Tenerife and Gran Canaria are ok, but forget about the rest of the islands
(you)

Doesn't need to be warm, just milder than the UK winter I guess.
I don't need employment. I'm looking to spend a couple of months there, not a permanent move at this point. Looking for somewhere cheap where I will be able to meet people and learn Spanish (late 20s)

if it's solely for learning spanish surely there are easier ways...
but I guess may as well have use of the free movement before we leave

>I don't need employment
If that you can find an apartament to share for less that 200€ per month

>Doesn't need to be warm, just milder than the UK winter I guess.

Any place in the mediterranean coast will be ok. The inland and the north can get pretty cold in winter. The north is also rainy.

b-but in catalonia people were speaking like seseo

Catalonia is full of immigrants m8.

native catalans though, pronouncing gracias as grasias etc

Is catalan dialect of castillian considered posh or not?

50% of catalonia is descenced from spanish speaking immigration from other parts of the peninsula. Probably more in the places you went. Most of those descend from andalusians and speak some sort of light andalusian spanish at home.

Also catalan works different than spanish and in this s/c thing sounds mor like english. Some catalan native speakers may slip and make a pronunciation mistake sometimes. Or maybe they were speaking catalan and you didnt notice.

There's no catalan dialect of castillian t.b.h.

Because they were speaking Catalan, probably.

It's not "grasias" anyway. In cognates, what is an "a" in Spanish gets turned into a Schwa (maybe exceptuating the shitty Barcelonese dialect. Which would mean you were listening to """"natives"""")
There is no seseo because in Catalan the 'th' sound does not exist, we have the voiceless S (like in Spanish) and the "German S". Writing reflects when to use one or the other, similarly to what Castillian Spanish does with its sounds

Well then how do catalans speak castillian?
Perfect madrid castillian?

my ex-gf is from girona, she told me specifically to pronounce it that way. she said th was most of spain but in catalonia they pronounce it like s

thanks in catalan is merci anyway

Mercès*

Merci is quite colloquial.

Gracies is also accepted nowadays, but it's probably a castillianism

Mostly. We might velarize the L's a little bit. But we speak fine, I think

lol if you move to the canaries you might aswell go live in rebat or algiers

Well we were in Barcelona yeah, and she laughed at me when I was telling shopkeepers "grathias" and told me i sounded like a spaniard (she was a fierce catalan independentist and didn't consider herself spanish"

ah okay, i'd only heard it spoken and to me it just sounded the same as the french 2bh

Either:
1) Standard school castillian tainted by catalan accent and mistranslated words
2) Standard school castillian tainted by whatever dialect/s your parents and grandparents speak

Some people have it easier to keep it standard than others.

Mersi is colloquial and a french loan word. Thanks is gràcies and, for an english speaking, probably sounds like the spanish word but with an s.

Nobody says fucking mercès anymore t.b.h.

>Either:
>1) Standard school castillian tainted by catalan accent and mistranslated words
Will I get bullied in South America for speaking like that? Or do they like Castillians in SA?

You will get "bullied" in south america for speaking like any dialect that isn't the one they speak there in that specific place. But you're from fucking Poland, nobody will expect you to speak spanish to begin with and even less to speak it correctly. Don't lose your mind over that.

Use the th in spain when necessary and forget it exists in latin america.

Hay que seguir la reconquista

>been learning spanish for about a year now (on and off admittedly, long periods without doing anything)
>can read it bretty good
>still almost no ability to write or speak because it's impossible to remember the insane amount of conjugations and irregular verbs

amigos how do i git gud?

Avoid using correct grammar. Most of those conjugations and irregular verbs were not strictly learned by spanish speakers, they just come instinctively when using the language.

Go simple with grammar, make it clear that it's difficult for you, and try to express yourself. Spaniards will correct you if the mistake is important enough or they don't understand you. Focus on vocabulary and pronunciation so you can do this.

gracias amigo :)

>still almost no ability to write or speak because it's impossible to remember the insane amount of conjugations and irregular verbs

this so fucking much. I know basic Spanish but now I'm here I can't say more than "no hablo espanol" lmao

yeah that's all i end up doing when i'm in spain too lmao