Hey fags, I work at Best Buy and it's about to be power weekend (Thanksgiving ->Cyber Monday)

Hey fags, I work at Best Buy and it's about to be power weekend (Thanksgiving ->Cyber Monday)

Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-x360-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-hp-finish-in-dark-ash-silver/6124570.p?skuId=6124570
store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360-convertible-laptop-15z-touch-1za07av-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best deal?

Why the fuck do you have 20 guys in blue shirts staring at me or asking me if I need help when I don't even make eye contact with them while I look at hardware?

13/15 inch Spectre x360's for 400 off, MSI Gaymen laptop for 250 off (i7/16/1060 6G/SSD+HDD)

If you're a macfag, 250 off MBP and 200 off MBA, but MBA is a doorbuster so you're gonna be waiting in line for multiple hours for it.

Management tells us to contact people. Honestly if you're rude about it, we're gonna do it more because it's really the only way we're able to piss people off while still doing our job correctly. Just get into a conversation about the hardware, and eventually we'll realize you're not buying.

Literally their job.
1. It makes sure any customers that might need help but are too autistic to ask for it actually get some.
2. It prevents basketball americans from stealing shit if they know they're constantly being watched.

are you guys going to have any deals on SSDs? Specifically m.2.

Not likely, m.2 isn't mainstream enough.

they think you're a shoplifter

For some reason the basketball Americans try more credit fraud in my area. It's those soccer Americans that we gotta watch out for.

Story involving one:

>Be me last January
>Hear about woman stealing iPhone productRED displays using her husband to help by detaching alarms.
>She comes into our store, everyone in computers goes on alert mode (the display is in the Apple Shop, which is part of computers)
>No husband, just two kids
>One kid detaches the alarm from under the table, we go to reset it and notice him running off somewhere out from under to the table
>She walks out after I reconnect the alarm cable, right into two waiting cops, leaving her son who disconnected the alarm behind.

Pretty sure she's been deported; she seemed illegal.

What said. We've got literally two SKUs for them online, and neither are on sale as of right now. They might drop in price come Thanksgiving, but again, it's unlikely.

It wouldn't bother me if it was one guy doing it.

The problem is that there is one for each aisle and you get asked the same shit 3 or 4 times within the span of 5 minutes, even interrupting a discussion I was having.

The person I was with told the third associate that tried to "help" us that we had already told a bunch of other people we were browsing and didn't need help.

I ended up irritated and blatantly asked a guy not to stand near me and stare at me while I shopped after I declined his help.

Fucking hate going in there during busy seasons.

>I ended up irritated
is that when you dropped your phone in the toilet?

why the fuck are their always employees watching my every moment like a hawk stalking a mouse.

also any good tech deals?

No thats when I bought a Google Home and left because I was starting to want to beat some guy with a comb over.

I'm white and well dressed, they wanted commission.

What type of tech?

If you've got a rewards account you can fuck them over on the survey. Just check out with the dude that's pissing you off, and when you get the survey just blast them. I'd set the email to a throwaway account though, unless you enjoy five emails daily about shit.
We also don't make commission. We've got sales goals to hit, but we don't get commission.

I don't believe you

deals on phones, laptops, tvs, drives, anal plugs, mice, keyboard, microwaves?

The only commission based positions in Best Buy are the salespeople for business accounts and in-home consultants.

I'm not gonna fuck with the guys job because he stared at me.

It was a last minute purchase because I had to get on a plane and I was already feeling rushed without some prick breathing down my back.

Why in the holy fucking hell do they act like that if they aren't making commission?

Is the Garmin vivoactive hr a good buy?

Already posted some laptops earlier Phones we got flat amounts off of the Samsung flagships for activations, less off unlocked, and for TV's there are about a million deals. Mice/Keyboards we're gonna have deals all over the place, some mechanical keyboards will probably be close to 40% off. Anal plugs not sure about, hard drives and shit won't be discounted too heavily, and microwaves are already on sale for BF prices.

Probably because their sales manager is grilling them about not hitting revenue, or not getting enough credit cards.

For regular price? Fuck no. For whatever deal we may have on Thanksgiving for it? Probably.

Because you're in the minority. The majority of people that walk into best buy don't know what the fuck they want and will throw a fit if someone in a blue shirt doesn't talk to them right away.

It will be $112 or 9ish near where i am. 5pm door deal

thank you for this thread and all the information user. Just want to let you know you're appreciated.

How many of those 179 dollar 4k tvs will have?

This is very true.

I've had customers literally flip their shit the moment they walk into computers because nobody helped them in the phentosecond they were in the department.

Thank you. Just wanted to show that it's no longer the case that the people who work in Best Buy aren't knuckledraggers anymore. We actually know, actively learn about, and deeply care about our departments.

Are you Canadian? In ontario? let me suck your cock in the stereo section.

*will you have

Ticketed item, so very few per store. You're better off grabbing something not trash anyway.

Sorry, US associate here.

how does penis taste like?

Is there any way for us to view deals right now, or do we have to wait for thursday night to be able to see what's on sale?
Also does the online sale start on thursday?

Like sucking on a thumb if it's clean, like shit if it's dirty.

Most of the big items are already shown on dotcom. Smaller items won't be known until the day they come out. Online deals will roll out over time, but big ones happen Cyber Monday.

slickdeals has the bestbuy black friday scans if you want to browse them.

I get off work literally when the sale starts I was thinking about grabbing one of those cheap 4k tvs but I don't want to waste the gas if they sell out in the first 10 minutes.

>I'm white and well dressed
white well-dressed people shoplift quite a bit

especially if they do it as primary income source, if you nick good stuff you can make thousands a day

but even average well-off people who want some thrill in their lives or whatever the fuck will shoplift just because they can

Again, they're ticketed, so they'll literally be gone before the store even opens. Anything that's a doorbuster is probably going to be a ticketed item.

When is the busiest time to come in and steal a graphics card?

I have the tool to remove the spider wrap already.

Don't they go on sale at 5pm?

I was thinking people would be in line or something and already have dibs on all of them shitsucks.

They're caged now.

They go on sale at 5pm, when the store opens, but they give out tickets to people in line about an hour before the store opens. You need that ticket to get the item.

When did that happen?

I was in a store less than a year ago and they had a few 1060s out, one didn't even have spider wraps.

Depends on the store. Mine keeps everything more expensive than a GT710 in the warehouse and we have placeholders on the salesfloor shelves.

My store does it because many in my area have been hit for them.

We used to have placeholders, but now we just have a cage with the cards in them on the floor.

Maybe because you an ugly ass creep.

Alright, but regardless. Should I show up on Thursday night? Will it be so swamped that they're barely managing crowd control, let alone keeping an eye on everyone?

I know Best Buy is one of the riskiest stores to steal from with some of the best LP around, but they're also the only store near me that stocks graphics cards and puts them on the shelves.

Good luck. Just gonna warn you that just having that magnet key on you is a felony charge in most states. You get arrested with two expensive GPUs and that's a potential life sentence for shoplifting.

They should be counting people as they go in and closing the entrance once they reach capacity. It's very unlikely you'll make it out the door with a stolen graphics card.

Is bestbuy a good temp job?

Well fuck no way I'm getting one without paying a scalper then. Not really worth it.

Keep it under $500 or its a felony charge and you go to jail.

For the holidays, definitely. For other times during the year, not so much. Before I got FT I was averaging less than 10 hours a week during slower periods.

I'd say so. Pay isn't that great but the employee discount on some items is borderline theft. Totally worth it.

Get a grip. People don't get life sentences for rape you moron. Grand larceny is going to get no more than a fine and probation for a white middle class male. It's a felony and that sucks but no one is getting a life sentence. Stop having irrational fear of the law.

So the days after when there's a lot of sales still running, when it's open doors and the store is hectic would be better. Good point, thank you.

Thanks Reddit shoplifting

Three felonies is three strikes. If you do two counts of Grand Theft and have a magnet key on you, that's a three felonies. Three strike laws are retarded, but it's how the system works.

Oh god the discount is retarded. You know those 250 dollar HDMI cables that the turd in Magnolia is pushing on you for better video quality? I get them for less than 50 bucks.

99% of the time employees aren't going to stop you, they will risk their jobs to get physical.

Most security guards also are just for show, they patrol and call police and try to detain you, but they won't get physical and you can leave the area before the cops show up.

Its a tax write off, it isn't worth it to keep trained loss prevention staff around all the time even in really shitty areas with lots of homeless and drugs.

Having a magnet key isn't a felony, stealing one is.

why are best buy employees so fun to mess with?
>walk into best buy for the sole purpose of messing with the staff
>see one guy on the floor with the blue shirt getup
>ask him if they sell any linux installation CDs
>"lemme check"
>the man takes 15 minutes to search the entire store for one
>he brings me to the manager
>the manager looks around the store for like 5 mins
>"what are you looking for again?"
>"a linux installation CD"
>"what's linux?"

Three strikes laws refer to convictions, not individual charges.

Depends if they want to charge is as possession of burglary tools, which is a third-class felony in my state.

Yeah, I'm nervous about carrying my pick set in my wallet even though its 100% legal to do so because of that shitty burglary tools law.

In many states it is. It's considered possession of a tool to circumvent security measures.

It used to be that way, but literally everyone in my store is a huge nerd. Many other stores are the same way now.

Bullshit. In quite a few areas stores can file with the local PD to have actual cops stake their place out on-duty, fully armed and with legal authority.

I've been stopped by actual police officers on vague suspicions based on me being anxious because lol agoraphobia. And then when I freaked out a bit they got aggressive with me almost immediately.

Granted, this wasn't at Best Buy. They've actually been one of my better experiences as far as aggressive "loss prevention" goes--never been confronted or anything. Go in, don't slobber all over the merchandise as I look, show my receipt on the way out, everything's good.

How many WD EasyStores in stock for Black Friday?

The problem with the law is that if a cop wanted to he could be a dick with it.

Say you are driving down an alley looking for an address and a cop pulls you over, there is a screw driver and a brick on the floor in the back seat of your car.

He can say you were prowling to steal cars, that the brick and screwdriver would be used to smash a window and break an ignition.

They basically have to prove intent and you will have to defend yourself from attacks because of that shitty statute.

>implying the employee wouldn't look it up electronically or ask over the radio if they carry it
Cool story, though.

Are you gonna run out of stock on Google Home minis immediately

The plus side to that is that any lawyer worth their salt will be able to get that thrown out immediately.

Doesn't help the fact that it's a hassle to have to go to court and deal with it at all.

It would be stupidly easy to minimize risk of a felony charge in a scenario like that.

You work in a group of two, one guy goes in and removes the spiders and leaves the store, next guy goes in and steals the graphics card, if hes caught, no felony charge.

Fuck best buy, what's good at Microcenter?

I mean there's 100 ways to look at it. They could look at the video footage, see your friend, and decide it was premeditated, and then is that a bigger charge?

But certainly the friend would be safe. And they couldn't technically charge you with possession of something you clearly didn't have.

I need ram for my next build. Any decent deals? Only requirement is that it's ddr4. It's my midrange build for my brother so high frequencies aren't a requirement. Really feeling the pains of the recent price hikes... Thought paying $100 for my two 16gb sticks felt like insane gauging when I built my pc early this year...

Pretty likely.

There might be a few here or there, not sure until we open on Thanksgiving, because smaller deals won't be advertised.

Fuck you for living near a micro center. So painful when I see how great their mobo cpu combo sales are for in store only... Then I have to suffer through rebate hell trying to get at least least half of my money back after ordering a bunch of crap on newegg.

God damn I'm glad I don't live in the US

>we will do it more
I will just start hitting on you (regardless of your sex) and turn the tables on you to make YOU feel uncomfortable.

You can get open box deals on top of the combo also, they say you can't but just ask for the manager. Just make sure pins are straight. Got a 4790k and an msi mobo a while back. Looking at a ryzen build next.
Microcenter really is god's gift to us. I grab open box shit all the time and never had issues

Any hot deals on mesh routers?

Jokes on you I'm bi

Pretty sure most of the MNIAB systems will be on sale. Just save yourself the time and money though and get the Orbi.

Please leave the store Jamal.

The Orbi is already 250 on Newegg through Ebay right now. Basically the best deal you're gonna get.

>MNIAB
Huh?

so what do you do if the customer goes off on you

as in actual you're afraid you might be taking an ambulance ride

>"Hey, aren't you that annoying tripfag from Sup Forums?"

this got me. kek user

>google home
>tripfag
>>>/reddit/

should I work at Office Depot again or Best Buy

Isn't the orbi a fake mesh router that only connects to the base unit?

I've always wondered, do you hire temporary seasonal people to help during the black friday rush or do you just get all your shifts to clock in for 24 hours without leaving?

Also if I worked at BB, would I get fired if I purposefully didn't show up for work on black friday?

Why are you niggers so stingy on price matching something simple as a laptop?

Today like an hour ago I want to price match this fucking computer

bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-x360-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-hp-finish-in-dark-ash-silver/6124570.p?skuId=6124570

With this deal from HP's website store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-x360-convertible-laptop-15z-touch-1za07av-1

But the fags from my local best buy didn't want to honor the deal saying that it wasn't the exact model but literately had the same look and specs of the laptop. Expect these fuckers go by the product number and comparing the model number on their website instead of calling the manufacturer to see it is actually the same laptop.

Well when I tell them its the exact same thing with same specs and the manager look and said that "we can't go by specs and look sir because we have computers 3 years ago with the same specs"

Can't wait unlit best buy goes out of business for doing bullshit like this

>Jokes on you I'm bi
plz be my best-buy-working bi bf

Best buy

Whites dont have this problem

Why can't I get a job at best buy? How are you supposed to answer the question of stealing in the interview?

Link me those Spectre x360s.

Yeah, but it kicks the ass of every mesh system. Unless your house is a castle, it's more than enough.

The other day my dad was all like "Shit, why are so many old people coming out of Best Buy? Do Millenials buy all their shit online now or something?"

how does shit taste like?

I think killing yourself would still be a better option than working in retail tbqh famalam

>Three strike laws are retarded

But you just describe why they are so great and needed though.

What other job prospects do you have?

The best decision I ever made was to quit that fucking shit hole after they fired all their Loss Prevention, theft went way up, and then they put me up at LP. Fuck Best Buy.

>Why the fuck do you have 20 guys in blue shirts staring at me or asking me if I need help when I don't even make eye contact with them while I look at hardware?
Your probably a fat smelly neet

Will I actually be able to buy the note 8 on Black Friday for the $350 off? Should I wait? Will it go on sale again?