WHY IS RAM SO EXPENSIVE!?? WHAT THE FUCK IS IT NOW? ANOTHER FLOOD...

WHY IS RAM SO EXPENSIVE!?? WHAT THE FUCK IS IT NOW? ANOTHER FLOOD? I REMEMBER PAYING $50 ON BLACK FRIDAY FOR 16GB OF RAM IN 2011!!!??? I'LL BE LUCKY TO GET THE SAME AMOUNT FOR UNDER $150!!! THIS HAS TO STOP

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231974
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233863
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

THIS IS ALL LAGDROIDS FAULT. NO. YOUR FUCKING PHONE DOESN'T NEED 8GB OF RAM. IT'S A SHITPHONE THAT POSTS MEMES, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED 8GB? I REMEMBER RUNNING ALL MY SHIT ON JUST 512MB. IT'S A FUCKING TINY PHONE WITH KID SIZED ICONS AND SHIT

>tfw got my 32gb and its bretty comfy

Stealing RAM is the only morally right thing to do

>I REMEMBER RUNNING ALL MY SHIT ON JUST 512MB
I do too, user.
What happened?

because android is bloated as fuck. on idle my shitphone uses about 1gb of ram. even windows 7 doesn't use that much while browsing web.

Same, but it's DDR3. I wanted to buy a new PC with all of my crypto winnings but why bother? I'll just wait another year I guess.

The eternal gook is colluding to bolster South Korea's economy

I am in the same situation too, with crypto too. I will probably just pick up a cheap raven ridge laptop to hold me over in the meantime since I need one for travel anyways.

>build pc in 2016
>ram cheap as dirt
>decide to ugrade to 16gb
>see prices
uhm buildtards???

What the hell do you need 32gb for?

>tfw can't fall for the 16GiB RAM meme because RAM got so expensive

I wish I had 32
>OS: 1 GB
>browser: 1-5 GB depending on number of tabs
>secondary browser: 1-2 GB
>IDE: 2 GB (+1 to 5 GB when compiling)
>Emulator: 2 GB
>Editors and various other tools: 1 GB
>Readers: 1 GB

The obvious solution is to just do one thing at a time, but why do this when you can get more RAM?

>The obvious solution is to just do one thing at a time

Which you should be doing anyway, you scatterbrained moron.

Price fixing, nobody is cracking down on it because everyone is in on it

>I REMEMBER RUNNING ALL MY SHIT ON JUST 512MB

So why do you need more RAM?

>>OS: 1 GB
Typical windows users.
I was editing a friend's site with wordpress and elementor. I had over 15 tabs open, most of them running heavy wp scripts, several yt tabs with videos and a few others and i couldn't get past 3.5gb for the entire system(of total 8gigs). Firefox was at 2gigs with 30 to 50 addons(most of them are debugging tools)tops and the rest was for xfce/linux inkscape gimp smplayer transmition and a few others.
When did people started needing a workstation just to beowsethe jet?

I'm compiling right now and have a fair number of tabs open and I'm running mpv and I'm only using 2.1GiB

how the hell do you manage to waste so much

>just to beowsethe jet

>When did people started needing a workstation just to beowsethe jet?

If I'm assuming correctly about what you're trying to say, then it became so when people stopped needing to design their software elegantly within tight constraints.

I actually use xfce too. The 1 GB is just an upper estimate. Obviously the major culprits are the IDE and the browser. I'd rather not use an IDE at all but this is difficult when you do android shit.
>I had over 15 tabs open
I have 158 tabs open right now, browser uses around 5 GB

>I'm a complete moron without the brainpower to decide which tabs to close, so I just keep them all open
>My RAM problems are clearly someone else's fault!

the ram factory explosion was in 2011 or 2012

> tfw got 16GB since 2014
feels good. I don't have to worry about RAM for the next 3 years.

Only RAMlets need to close tabs.

I'll use maybe half of the tabs again before they're closed or I close the browser.
>My RAM problems are clearly someone else's fault!
When did I say this?

>don't have a sports car
>WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO THAT FAST ANYWAY, IDIOT?

poorfag ramlets butthurt as hell

Only niggers break speed limits.

>my phone can still watch youtube videos with 256mb.
feels good man.

Why dont you try using less bloated software?
>5gb compiling
Wtf are you using VS or netbeans?

>apps use hardly any RAM
>P10 idles at ~1.7gb
Is this android or Chinese botnet?

>$200 for 16 GB of DDR4-3000 RAM
Fucking hell...

>tfw all of my go-to RAM download sites got taken down

They're constantly spinning up new processes and the early adopters pay out the ass.

I remember paying $200 a MEGABYTE so shut your fucking hole you child.

It must suck having to budget your computer. Like, you finally save up and it's just not even good because you had to compromise on everything. Computers aren't expensive enough in an absolute sense to really strictly budget unless you're going crazy.
>Oh no, an extra hundred dollars for ram! Time to file for bankruptcy I guess.

>implying sports cars are fast
>not just prettified towncars for fags

What's the matter, pink wojak? Bitcoin is at ATH, you can buy all the ram you want.

Because you did not panic sell your bitcoins on the last crash, right?

android studio

Any active torrents?

I remember, and it was shit. I wish I had 1 GB of ram at the time, because firefox just got heavier and heavier and the rest of the software was following along.
Oh wait, you are talking about android? Well, same thing applies, my first android had something like 380 MB of ram and although it worked, it could have been better, now with my moto g2 with 884 MB of ram I'm very happy, I'll keep it until it disintegrates.

>Build new rig in February
>Buy this: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231974
>$199.99
>Is now $450

WHAT IN THE FUCK?

I like it because it will stop the java retards dead on their tracks.

우리의 RAM 좋은 goy 구매

Just download more ffs, the sad, sad state of Sup Forums

>Sell BTC at $8200 today for some shitty gook ram
>It becomes $20,000 next year

You aren't a hodler are you, user?

I was readingit will be like this throughout 2018. And that it can get worse then it is before it settles.

I spent 200$ on ram 3 weeks ago to avoid another price hike.

What's the difference?

>2017
>Using an Android phone with 32-bit 1.2ghz processor, 1gb ram and 8gb storage
How???? I had that same phone and it was damn near unusable right before I upgraded last year. I was constantly having to delete apps to free up space and had to close running apps to minimize stuttering and slowdown.

I upgraded to a 64-bit 2.5ghz Intel quad core with 4gb ram, 64gb storage, and the difference is night and day.

>What is Apple

>Single-task brainlet

Excuse me my phone only has 6GB (2.7 free) And I haven't restarted in 3 weeks. Also I never use the full desktop linux mode or w/e. I have some ddr1 in a pentium machine lying around that you can have however, as all of my desktops ram slots are full.

>learn programming
>have to close my IDE to launch a browser to google a guide, read the guide, close the browser and reopen the IDE because I can't afford 2 GB RAM

>no on remembers the fires

there is no excuse you little shits. You wanna know how much bullshit it is to buy 8GB of ram for 30 bucks then right around the corner they more then doubled in profit?? even Fry's wasn't safe from the chinks

Its actually worth buying ECC capable DDR3 machines now since that shit is cheap as hell.

it is strange that he has 158 open.. but he didnt say it was anyone else fault you moron. He said he wished he had 32 gigs of ram.

>browser 5 gb
Are you fucking kidding me? It should be like 100 mb.

lynx, vim, and gcc don't need 32gb ram (^:

My nigga, 32GB of RAM makes me invincible. Thanks to shitty Sup Forums advice I fell for the "le you only need 8GB of RAM, unused RAM is le wasted RAM XDDD" meme and suffered years of BSODs, crashes and shit.

>158 tabs open

I have 565 tabs open right now.

>Build new Ryzen rig in March
>Buy this: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233863
>$109.99
>is now $194>$219

mfw people waited to buy ram.