AMD V INTEL: FIGHT!

STATE YOUR REASONS!

(also i was too lazy to make the image look nice so eh)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Intel good games

Intel is better for gaming and for desktop use and 8 core with threading is kinda overkill for consumer purposes, 6 cores is enough.

>intel
>expensive as living fuck
>only good for single core BS because of shit mullticore

>amd
>inexpensive
>only barely edged out by intel at ancient single core apps, kicks intel's ass at multicore

gee, i wonder

you both have reason, but i will second the later, because of new gaming Apis we will have a better use in multicore Cpu where all of the 4 core Intel Cpus have no more room to grow, Amd will shine.

GOOD GOYIM

Intel is faster
Amd is cheaper
The difference in speed is practically insignificant
The difference in price is significant
Amd is better value for money
Amd wins in 90% of cases
Intel wins if you absolutely need top speed, or if you have money to burn
Can we please stop having these threads now?

Amd bad games

/thread

>Sub Zero
>core I9

faster at stealing my money?

Faster at games

see this again

Faster at games

Makes sense when you consider the cooling requirements for 5ghz no AVX offset.

RISC-V

Nvidia tegra

>Intelbest! AMDumb!

award for best response goes to.....

This

I'd also add that AMD has a more consumer friendly ethos.

my ryzen 7 renders faster than my gtx 1050 ti

Intel:

>pentium4/netburst
>itanium
>twice the price
>sat on their fat ass for years
>new motherboard everytime you upgrade CPU
>shit graphics
>shitty spyware ring -3 full of security holes and spook backdoors
>feature DLC
>anticompetitive

AMD
>cheaper
>Athlon 1GHz
>AMD64
>normalized multi-core chips
>backwards compatible sockets
>good GPU
>cool guys

I will forever only buy AMD as thans for saving us from the cuck hell of Intel/Windows/Nvidia. it's just a bonus now that they're also the best again.

oh and no management engine

AMD.

I refuse to buy intel due to their anti-competitive behavior, and their shady business practices. There's fair play with a better product, then there is the Intel way of competitor lock out. I won't reward behavior that fucks me, the consumer, in the end.

>have 8350, just bought i7 8700k
This better blow my mind

Intel only advances when AMD is pushing them. Therefore, if the AMD performance is comparable, you should go with AMD, except for certain case-uses.

>buying inferior products just because fee fees
No.
I don't care if intel cpus are made with the souls of jewish kids.

>intel

>reddit
but amd is reddit lil' company that can do no bad

Let's just say I would have bought AMD if they actually had products worth buying back when I got my 6700k.

But muh emu's

>Amd is better value for money
have you ever heard of the 8400?

Nice argument pajeet, thanks for exposing the worlds mode evil company, AMD for me

cry more bitch.

A m D

>8400
what part of
>overheating
>locked multiplier
>locked hyperthreding
>$150 mobos
>delid
do you not fucking understnad

What morally wrong things does AMD do?

>need single core performance
>bought an intel cpu 5 years ago and it is still top of the line, can't say that about the last AMD cpu I've bought
>think the whole price/performance bullshittery can be ignored for a piece of hardware you own and use constantly for ~3-5 years

do i look like a fucking care? go ask some shill.

i play all my games at 60fps native resolution with zero stuttering while streaming music and my gameplay (r7 1700x)
meanwhile my 6700k would have a stroke if i tried that

you seem to think they are some great hidden evil tell me, what have they done wrong

When did I say that?
also you reek of
>waaaaa why arent you a dumb fanboy that gets emotionally attached to a company like I do.

literaly nothing
but intel on the other hand....

see >but amd is reddit lil' company that can do no bad
>company that can do no bad
>can do no bad
>no
>bad

>overheating
What seriously? Source nigga cause I was actually planning on purchasing it.

>>waaaaa why arent you a dumb fanboy that gets emotionally attached to a company like I do.
meanwhile

AMD IS A FUCKING REDDIT COMPANY BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE REDDIT AND AMD

wow really makes me think you are very imparital there

>think the whole price/performance bullshittery can be ignored for a piece of hardware you own and use constantly for ~3-5 years
Really. If you think about it over the 5 years or so your actually only spending like 1c a day

the same shit TIM as all other intel cpus, a power consumption higher than a hyperthreaded amd 6 core and a garbage stock cooler, just put the puzzle pieces together

>TIM as all other intel cpus
can be replaced?
> power consumption higher than a hyperthreaded amd 6 core
this is not true

>can be replaced?

Being able to delid something and replace the TIM doesn't really invalidate the fact that it has shit thermals. Furthermore it really cuts into the cost/performance of the chip if you need to sink another 10-20 dollars for a decent thermal solution and/or another 20-50 dollars for a decent cooler to make a processor that cannot be overclocked run at a decent temp. And that's without getting into the fact that you need to drop an extra 50-70 dollars on a board that's loaded with features you're literally locked out of using.

Best instruction set, best pipelining, best branch prediction.

You're overly exaggerating.
Here is Battlefield 4 Caspian Border Ultra settings excluding Post Antialiasing and YES even Mesh Ultra which is view distance, a CPU settings and Caspian Border being one if not the most CPU intensive map.
While PotPlayer+Lavfilters+Madvr is playing a 1162 files 353 hours playlist on my second monitor, now madvr is practically just GPU bound but my GPU is fast enough to do BF4 at Ultra settings with a FPS cap of 59.993FPS using RTSS while still having some overhead.
All from HDD not SSD both BF4 and video files, Intel [email protected]

well i know what i saw because ive done it
WITH MY OWN EYES
and i can say it was a terrible experience playing
the stuttering was horrid and it was around 84c
>no i didnt delid it
>no i didnt buy a watercooler
im running a very similar cooling setup with my 1700x and have absolutely no heat or stutter issues
amd is cheaper as a whole and you can do more with it

>WITH MY OWN EYES
The eyes of shill perhaps

>he has a counter arguement from experience
>must be a shill!
argument discarded
go back to /v

If you keep buying intel, your 5 year old CPU will never get obsolete because intel will never release anything better, just keep improving the igpu because apple demands em to do so.

>>he has a counter arguement from experience
I just showed you some so how's mine invalid but yours not?

Wow I just looked all this shit up. People have being spew shit to me. the Ryzen 1600 out performs the 8400 at literally everything other than a few miniscule framerates.

That's AMD in a nutshell. You won't get the top frame rates in games, but it's good enough for most, and it's stronger in multitasking, which is what really matter in day to day usage.

>AMD
>Insert Coin

it's like they know.........

AMD did a really good job of getting themselves back to where they were 10 or so years ago. Never standing on the top of the pile but throwing solid punches at a price that made it hard to justify buying the slightly higher performing Intel processor it was competing against. They also seem to be bending over backwards to get more features into lower end consumer products right now. Right now I'd say it's probably the wrong time to buy any CPU unless you really just can't avoid it. Intel is just starting to wake up to AMDs threat and Ryzen while a good first effort isn't mature yet and needs to work the kinks out. However I'd say by the time Ryzen 2 rolls around we're gonna see some real shit in the consumer grade PC market.

The kinks are all in the virtualization. As a dumb end user product it's pretty solid as-is.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Was gonna upgrade my 4 year old rig but I've decided to just opt for a 1060 6gb upgrade and hold on for a year or so longer.

>quad core
obsolete

>Never standing on the top of the pile
False, look at threadripper and epyc

It's still very competitive, specially if compared with shit like 7700k/8700k.

60 fps is aweful. I play gta 5 at 120 fps, try that on poozen

Both Intel shills and AMD fanboys should all be gassed
Brand loyalty is cancer