IPS > AMOLED

IPS > AMOLED

I hope you realize that's relative to TN and not AMOLED

Lol enjoy your burn-in, amoled faggots

Not a single amoled device in history has ever had a burn-in issue. Who even came up with the phrase? What does it even mean?

Says the watered down ips fag

I got burn in on lcd after less than a year of use, it's not AMOLED that's at fault.

I've seen burn in on galaxy s2 phones

burn exists on all AMOLED devices but there are ways to mitigate it. Also the real question is this: are the benefits of not having screen burn greater than all the benefits AMOLED provides?

AMOLED definitely burns more frequently. The sub pixels age at different rates which is annoying.

My s3 has some burn in because i left it for a half an hour with the screen on. Now my old keyboard is burnt into the screen, so is the taskbar. Extremely visible on a white background.

AMOLED sucks donkey dick!!. IPS all the way

>Who even came up with the phrase?
Idiots who don't know the difference between burn-in and image retention.

Protip : Burn-in is literally impossible on anything other than a CRT.

This is a statement of fact

this

pretty sure you need to be pretty careless to burn it in, my 4 year old S4 doesn't have any burn in, and most people don't even keep phones this long

It is a scientifically proven. So I agree.

you can't burn in an LCD

tomato tomato

Wasn't there a couple of burn ins on the new google pixel?

>had IPS phones my entire life
>buy an AMOLED phone some months ago
>now see IPS displays washed out, colorless, lifeless and fucking dead

kill me, now I wont be able to buy Sony phones in the future because they always use IPS

My s5 has burn in from the status bar

Can one be this illiterate?

s and s2 were so garbage their screens went blue or green in less than a year.
Samsung never did good displays, even their PLS (IPS ripoff) sucks. But people are stupid and fell for the meme. Benq made OLED phones much earlier and they weren't as bad.

My galaxy note 2 has some burn in in the notification bar area from when it was constantly black in earlier android versions. Or rather, this area of the screen was preserved, in any case, there's a noticeable difference in color.

You've got to be a special kind of brainlet to actually think IPS is anywhere even close to AMOLED.

IPS looks like a black and white display compared to AMOLED.

AMOLED burn-in is what write endurance was for SSDs = absolute shit nobody gives a fuck about.

I've thrashed by SSD to hell and back for the last 5 years - still not even triggering any media wearout. It's long due to be replaced, much like any HD that would be knocking on deaths door eventually.

Same with AMOLED displays - by the time any burn-in set it, the device would likely be so fucking old you'd have replaced it by then.

Luddites need to move on, and admit IPS is old and busted

What? I regularly used my S3 as a navigation multiple times for multiple hours at a time and there's no visible signs of burn-in unless I really look for it on a bright background

You can

You are too young to know, but pioneer SSDs dropped like flies because of shitty controllers. In fact, memory cells become less durable each generation, but nobody gives a fuck because controllers improved drastically.
Same for OLEDs. They countered problems with software. But in this case it didn't eliminate the cause, put restrictions on user and still fails at fixing the problem.
Like user said, you should decide if OLED's benefits are greater than problems it causes for you.
In my opinion, OLED doesn't belong in top segment. The technology is good for cheap power saving devices, but despite low manufacturing cost samsung charges too much for the product effectively defeating the purpose. It would be fine if they dumped the money into RnD and improved it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

>no visible signs of burn-in
>unless I really look for it
So there are signs you pleb.

I have everything inportant on my hard drive and keep os files and reinstallable programs on my ssd

>Protip : Burn-in is literally impossible on anything other than a CRT.
The first 144hz Asus monitor can get burn in. There's stories of people leaving them off for a month with lines still on the screen.

>Not a single amoled device in history has ever had a burn-in issue.
Provided you ignore reality

>being this wrong

IPS colors are washed out and they consume more battery than AMOLED

>colors are wached out
This isn't true at all

They do.

t. S7 with Clover + status bar burned into the top right and Note 3 with status bar only burned in.

>tfw amoled is literally more colorful than real life
Biotiful color reproduction my frend :) much premium