Yo, Sup Forums, I have to take a language for college. Should I take Russian, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean?

Yo, Sup Forums, I have to take a language for college. Should I take Russian, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean?

Russian obviously

Chinese is not a language.

Russian or Jap

Spanish

All of those are pretty irrelevant but Russian would be the easiest. It's still hard though

I'm not that much of a normie desu.

A non meme langauge like french. If you already know french learn occitan or breton

Basque.

Japanese if you like anime, korean if you like pop, chinese if you want something useful, russian if you like ... chess? I guess? But keep in mind that you aren't gonna learn shit from classes so unless you're willing to put in tons of effort on your own time it pretty much doesn't matter what you take. At least with russian and korean you'll know the entire alphabet.

Japanese is the hardest out of those btw, but has the most active community learning it

>french
>the second most popular language taught in american schools for no particular reason
>not a meme language
L
O
L

Definitely Russian
The others are too difficult for you if you learn them only in college

Korean is pretty interesting and the basics are extremely easy.

IF YOU ARE GOING INTO ANY INTERNATIONAL TRADING BUSINESS OR ANY BUSINESS THAT DEALS WITH CHINA AT ALL DO NOT LEARN CHINESE.
YOU WILL BE FORCED TO DEAL WITH CHINESE AND THEY ARE THE WORST WHEN IT COMES TO BUSINESS

Russian and listen to "PHARAOH"

remind that french poster's positng,
if you were able to speak chinese you will use it for job hunting, you will have to have relation to china in entire life, and it just dont deserve

Russian is ranked level 3 of 4 on the army language learning difficulty scale. I think chinese is 4.

Russian is cool and the syntax is probably a lot easier than chinese. Chinese make a lot more sense economically though.

this

Chinese is pretty fucking easy grammatically from my (admittedly rather small) experience

The tones aren't that hard either. The sounds themselves are harder than the tones

Japanese.

Got something against même languages?

Learn chinese. others are no use.

你應該學廣東話

Russian sounds pretty fun to learn, and while I don't have any experience Crylic doesn't look too hard to memorise from what I see.

>Chinese
>Lol

Japanese is the easiest to speak and pronounce of the four, thanks to everything ending with vowels (plus 'n') and easy syllables. Writing and memorising hiragana and katakana is pretty simple, but it will get REALLY tough though once you begin tackling kanji.

Korean's writing system is extremely easy and very well crafted. If you aren't retarded you can get hangul done and dusted in maximum a week. Pronunciation and the vocal language can take some getting used to though, as syllables aren't too obvious.

If you take Japanese or Korean your class will be full of degenerates. Take Russian or Chinese. I'd imagine the Russian courses to be full of tankies but they usually hide their color better.

nei sik um sik gong guang dong wa?

Depends on what you want to do.
The whole "Take Chinese" thing is blown out of praportion. If you have to do business with someone in China, it's likely that they will know English. However it will still make you look more employable regardless.
If you want to do something in the tech field then any of them are good.

Western companies do fine in China or all the big blue chip companies wouldn't be there, that guy just sounds like a faggot

識一點呀
你呢?

Japanese so that you can be a weeaboo faggot.

If you want to learn Russian than i hope you like books.
Because there are tons of great autors.
Not a single translation even close to originals.
Same goes the other way.
Chinese is the most popular language in the world, i woud chose that.

Which culture interests you most? That one.
Wrong. Pick Chinese.

Russian is easier to immerse yourself in though (t. Learned Russian in uni) compared to Chinese, party because of Nepalese dragon-kite forums

wo ai ni :DDDD

Do NOT pick Russian :^)

>Snoo
Y'know, I use Reddit. And normally I get tired of being told to fuck off out of (insert website here) because I use (insert other website here).

However if you come into Sup Forums waving that thing around like it's a flag, I think we may have to take this as a declaration of war. You can't claim this land in the name of Reddit. No sir.

没有想象的那么好

我真的愛你

你學習廣東話呀?

You know it's funny how everybody else has an actual alphabet and you faggots are still drawing pictures.

I honestly have no idea how to even start to learn chinese. You have to just know way too much for my memory span.

Why are Russians and Russian-speaking Ukrainians and Kazakhs so bad at learning other languages? You meet a Turk here, he speaks 4 languages, you meet a Russian here, he says "чe?" or "шo?" to whatever they hear in other languages

普通に繁体字使えよくそが
台湾なんてくそくらえ
繰り返す、台湾なんてくそくらえ

If you don't bother learning how to write it actually might end up being easier. Its like, you learn 5000 word roots and those make literally every word you will ever see. Most words coming from the most common 2000 word roots. Meanwhile every word in something like English tries to be unique and special

>繁体字
shit i got it backwards lel

数独する

Russians just like Americans will never learn any language other when their own. Both thinking that they don't need anything else.

Lack of motivation. Why would you bother learning another languages when everyone around speaks yours anyway?

Well, then, let's ask the important question: don't they really need to know other languages?
Russia is much more multicultural than Poland, so why do Poles learn whatever they can and Russians don't?

Holy moly my memory is way too bad for this.
Well, you don't really need any other language.
I personally never learned english, i was watching some movies/carnoons with subtitles and bam - suddenly i started to understand people. English is too simple not too learn.
Also english is the language of entertainment IMO.
6 years ago there was nothing on youtube in russian, and now there are lots of russian channels with 1m+ subs.
So i wanted to watch something and it was in english, i kinda understanded it better and better overtime.
Now there are no reason to watch english channels because there thousands of russian ones.

Unfortunately, I can't understand those moonrunes.

> You meet a Turk here, he speaks 4 languages

rly?

>don't they really need to know other languages?
They don't.

>Russia is much more multicultural than Poland, so why do Poles learn whatever they can and Russians don't?
Because it doesn't matter at all. All the minority languages are completely useless.

Then next question is: don't Russian have that insane Slavic curiosity about other cultures and countries anymore?
We (Poles) would be learning other languages even if we were living on Mars

Yep, Turks learn basics of other languages very quickly.

Chinese and Japanese
Russia will be shit for a long time

>We (Poles) would be learning other languages even if we were living on Mars
Whatever makes you happy m8

i'd go russian. sounds very interesting and the cyrillic script looks challenging but refreshing to learn

>don't Russian have that insane Slavic curiosity about other cultures and countries
Most people here don't give a shit about all that bullshit

Kind of sad to see this attitude with all the empire you had and the vast country to explore that you still have. Totalitarian history are what I hold responsible for killing the Slavic need to travel, I guess. I want to speak with some modern Russian explorers.