ALRIGHT Sup Forums, I INSTALLED GENTOO, YA HAPPY? NOW WHAT?

ALRIGHT Sup Forums, I INSTALLED GENTOO, YA HAPPY? NOW WHAT?

Other urls found in this thread:

beinglibertarian.com/disable-intel-management-engine-backdoor-courtesy-nsa/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Docker
openbsd.org
downloadmorerem.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install funtoo

Install gaytoo

We've moved on from that OS

Yeah you must now install clover OS

came here to say this. come to funland.

download more RAM

Now you must use TempleOS as daily driver you CIA nigger

Emerge systemd

Several years too late.

you cant download ram you fucking idiot, its a physical hardware piece

Congratulations you fucking moron.
You are now officially an idiot who bought the meme and does exactly what Sup Forums tells him to do so you don't feel insecure.
Enjoy your second-tier crap software and torture yourself.

and after you master TempleOS, you must build your own motorola 6502 clone, and interact with it solely through assembly. from a teletype.

RTFM

I think it's actually possible. I had a friend that managed to do it.

>didn't choose hardened
Looks like you are going to start by switching profiles.

>15 hours of compiling just to get a functional desktop
Fuck this, I'm going back to Arch. There's just no pleasing you people.

Sometimes I miss xfce.

>15 hours
Sounds like you need to buy a better computer

Is Intel ME disabled and are you running a Free and Open Source BIOS/EFI?

Don't you remember? The jews of grsecurity stopped giving away their patches. There is not hardened kernel anymore.

delete system32

Bought this thing at Best Buy six years ago for $200, you wanna wire me some cash?

>he doesn't know

He installed gentoo

Intel what?

Read. beinglibertarian.com/disable-intel-management-engine-backdoor-courtesy-nsa/

you've been memed

just like
>thinkpad
>rust
>soylent

you guys are literaly faggots, trying to bait me into thinki g u can dl ram but little did you know youre the faggots because i KNOW you cant

emerge plasma-desktop

There's still hardened userspace you double nigger

>thinking following a guide put out by intel will prevent intel/cia/dia/fbi from owning your computer

>because i KNOW you cant

>not installing libreboot to delete gbe sector of the ME

>doesn't download ram for his ever expanding ramdisk raid setup for his os
i thought this was a tech board

eselect profile set 6
emerge -uDUN @world

Watch whole Boku no Pico on it, duh.

It's a reddit joke, user.

that's what the RAM manufacturers tell you so you can keep buying their stuff.

Yes you can I download ram all the time.

lol this guy

beat me to it

yo Sup Forums i herd u like compiling so we're compiling ur compiler so u can compile while compiling

Now you get the packages you want, with the use flags you want. Or you can save it for later.

Hahaha, you fucking mong, your computer must be slow as fuck. I download internet speed megabytes and use it to make my internet connection faster.

>using both changed-use and newuse when newuse is a superset of changed-use
People can't into Portage

Enjoy the best Linux distro there is.

WTF that article doesn't even explain how to disable it it just says what ME is. I already know what it is you dumbass lolbertarian.

>doesn't know how search libreboot

I knoe how to search but the article is literally clickbait. The title has nothing to do with the contents.

Buddy, friend, its an old joke from a website that gives you a installer and makes idiots think they downloaded more, or your just baiting, either way

Dude, we're all about Solus now.
Install Solus.

fuck off Kevin

retard

use weston

>use the software that causes hard-lockups of the system at random because fuck you

>Pale meme

Unfortunately it's still the only real option available. All other browsers are chrome clones now, even firecuck. And every chrome clone that's not chrome sucks because they use trash like fucking electron.

What's wrong with palemoon?

Also
>updating gcc
Enjoy your broken binutils after reboot.

>Intel Celeron

Tragic

It's kinda slow and it blocks addons that the main dev has ideological objections to.

>every chrome clone that's not chrome sucks because they use trash
true
>All other browsers are chrome clones now
false
>even firecuck
webext != chrome. They still use different engine and support meme style tabs.
Its ded becase Manchild will not sustain further xul development. It's only matter of time.

>Manchild will not sustain further xul development.
Jesus fuck are you fucking serious? What the fuck is wrong with this retard, that's by far the biggest reason anyone would want to stick to palemoon. If that's true then fuck, time to choose a chrome clone.

Gentoo is genuine good though

This. Try as I might I've never found a better distro. Been using it for 7 years so far.

>sudo apt-get freeRam
Windowfags are the worst

download virtualbox and install gento inside virtual machine, then in virtual machine create new virtual machine and install gentoo again

you wouldn't download a car

When does the process stop?

Seriously, any tips or whatever? I don't know shit about CFLAGS and all this compiling nonsense. Portage is so far unfamiliar compared to the other distros' packaging systems I've used, definitely feels like I need to go back and manually configure the kernel instead of 'genkernel all' like I did initially, I feel like I'm going to royally fuck something up.

The more I use it though the more I think I'm liking it, definitely a significant performance boost on this shitty little laptop compared to Debian or Arch now that I've got some stuff up and running.

gentoo wiki is your friend. Details on a lot of packages, including which kernel options they need.

Gen kernel simply picked a predefined set based on your architecture.

Try installing docker on your gentoo, it will force you to manually change kernel settings. Good learning opportunity. wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Docker

Remember USE YOUR OS for SOMETHING, across a long period of time, and you will learn along the way.

Dont trust KDE, it will stop working one day and you wont know what hit you.

I hope you installed on a btrfs filesystem and you have a snapshot of fresh install.

rice it

Now you're ready to graduate to OpenBSD
openbsd.org

Rice of the motherfucking century. What browser is that and how the hell did you theme it so well???

downloadmorerem.com

congratulations you've been memed

It's a Reddit.comâ„¢ joke user

Untill your pc goes out of resourcea to create another virtual machine inside your last virtual machine.

>669 packages
B L O A T

download some paedophile chinese cartoons, watch them on your 1366x768 screen and set your favorite one as your desktop BG

delete system32

Listen to that guy, im not saying i hate it, but like seriously m8, you do this just to throw this screenfetch up? Please tell me you retained the things you did and actually learned from it at least while installing it before you switch back to whatever distro you were using before? Cuz then this was absolutely fucking pointless, and you are too.

Don't forget to activate it online.

I want this

Update your kernel, we 4.14 now.

Ricing is for faggots with too much time on their hands.

No. Install Windows 10. Suffer like Sup Forums did

install BSD

it's just firefox with an edit of twily's css and vimperator

Now stop fucking around, get a MacBook and become a useful member of society

I want that color scheme. pls gib

use pywal on this wallpaper
and make the "red" (color 1) a bit lighter

Thanks!

or wait, maybe not red
anyway, fix any colors that don't stand out enough against the background

you wouldn't steal a baby

install freebsd