Is Nintendo the Apple of gaming?

Is Nintendo the Apple of gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-joy-con-cost-make/
technobuffalo.com/2017/04/06/how-much-does-nintendo-switch-cost-to-make/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apple is the Apple of gaming.

oops! you missed the video games board! don't worry it's just over there

they love to chat about Brands, and which ones they like, and which ones are cucked, so feel free to head on over :)

Nintendo is the capeshit movies of gaming - recycling old franchises instead of making anything new and people throw money at them because nostalgia.

Yes. They both have a walled garden way of doing shit.

go back there

Never forget

WHAT THWE FUCK IS THAT?

haha epic win :)))

Apple Pippin , yes they tried to make a game console back in the day.

Is Dyson the apple of vacuums?

Is fluke the apple of multimeters?

Is snapon the apple of tools?

Is H&K the apple of guns?

Is BMW the apple of cars?

I really can't think of any similarities linking apple with nintendo desu.

let's number Nintendo's current key qualities and see.

>Compete by being different
yes.

>Annoying fanbase
yes.

>Quality software
yes.

>Quality hardware
no. Apple hardware is shit.

>Preferred by a minority of people compared to the alternative.
yes.

>Implement new techs slower than other companies
yes.

>Overpriced
yes.

You make a solid case OP.

More or less, they developed the console for Bandai, it was a collaboration. Apple developed it and Bandai manufactured and sold it, needless to say it was a complete pile of trash, it ran a modified version of Mac OS and it ran games just as bad as Mac OS back in the day, the controller was fucking dogshit and you had to drop 599 dollarinoos for it, which was just fucking insane considering the PSX was only 299 and had tons of games that actually worked, the Pippin had almost no library.

Nintendo has always taking notes from Steve Jobs, just look at the similarities, to this day they follow the main focus of Apple products, underpowered hardware with nice design and perfectly optimized software. Also look at the transparent N64 version that got released shortly after the transparent colored iMacs. Now look at the Wii, it looks pretty much like Apples design at the time. Including the Wii's operating system. Apple kinda copied them back with the App system on the WIi.

Nintendo hardware is not overpriced. They are just the only ones selling it in a way that makes sense. Microsoft and Sony both lose money with each console they sell to get more people to buy their platform and games. Nintendo sells their hardware like if they were selling a toaster that is sold to make money from the sell, not like a printer that is sold to sell ink.

No m8, Nintendo has always been selling overpriced hardware, they just don't make that much money off the main console, but all the accessories make a huge profit. Nintendo just tricks you.

Pic related is sold for 80$

I love Nintendo and hate Apple, but yes.

No, Apple TV is the Apple gaming of Apple

>$80 tiny pieces of plastic

Holy shit I had to google it because I didn't believe, how the fuck do they get away with this shit?

They always have been doing this.

Pic related is the dock for the Switch - it's also 80$

Remember the Wii racing wheel? That was 25$ back then for nothing but a plastic. Thats how they always made mad money, selling accessories for their ohh so cheap and realistically priced console, based Nintendo amirite?

>Is Dyson the apple of vacuums?
Yes
>Is H&K the apple of guns?
Kinda
>Is BMW the apple of cars?
Pretty much

>brown crayons
>one black crayon
>one white crayon

>that'll be 5 shekels goy!
>mfw it's a real product

>Nintendo takes notes from Steve Jobs

Nintendo has been making world class tech longer than Apple has existed. Steve Jobs didn't invent the idea of user-friendliness.

And Nintendo made video games a normie/casual things with the Wii, just like apple did with iPad for grandma and kids or any computer from the last 10 years

They are nothing alike. Whereas Apple sells expensive high quality hardware aimed at professionals and hipsters, Nintendo sells cheap, plasticky garbage aimed at soccer moms and toddlers.
I hate to sound like I'm praising Apple, but I hate them for their anti-FOSS approach, not their hardware.

Of course they also sell overpriced peripherals, like shows, but that's just that, peripherals.

In my early 20's I was really hyped about the Nintendo DS I used to have one under my pillow and played that shit all the time. The "R4" and abilty to steal games was gold to me. I'm guessing that's why Nintendo is now aiming at Toddlers and Soccer Moms since they have little abilty for piracy. It's a double edged sword, I miss all the awesome games like "Trauma Center" and "The World Ends With You" but I also never took any initiative to financially foster their growth and now they're gone.

Nintendo is more targeted to casuals and children. their products are competitively priced and actually are creative and innovative, unlike apple. Anything apple creates their is always a superior, cheaper alternative

Yes

>Is Nintendo the Apple of gaming?
No because Nintendo's shit is affordable.

Does Apple send a DMCA takedown if you livestream yourself using their devices?

Does nintendo send a DMCA takedown if you livestream yourself playing any of their games?

Just because Nintendo's been around longer doesn't mean they haven't learned anything from Apple.

gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-joy-con-cost-make/
technobuffalo.com/2017/04/06/how-much-does-nintendo-switch-cost-to-make/

Wat?

By the way they run their business and sell their products I'd say yeah they are pretty similar. But the difference is that Nintendo offers entertainment rather than just consumerism, so whether or not you buy their products is based on subjectivity rather than objectivity. They can't really be compared this way.

No, nintendo actually makes things work buying.

Is avocado the apple of fruits?

Apple does fire employees who let their daughter film their new devices after they've already been announced and DMCA the video of it tho.

Is John Deere the apple of tractors?

>t.not idort

H&K has fanboys like Apple but they haven't released extremely disappointing firearms. Also much of the cost related to their handguns in the past was them being made in Germany with higher cost of production. They do overcharge like hell for mags. H&K mags are like the Nintendo racing wheel.

The switch was a rebranded 3 year old Nvidia shield tablet with controller attachment points.

It should be $149.99 AT THE MOST.

My BMW X5 is pretty nice though I bought it used. BMW has the best CPO program. However I'm convinced they make the car in a way that it is as expensive as possible to service. Their infotainment system is also a complete joke.

John Deere's worse than Apple. In addition to needing to hack your tractor to service it without being a qualified John Deere mechanic iirc you don't own the machine, you purchase the right to use their machine.

Are apples the Apple of the grocery store?

rlly maks me :thinking:

What a shitty fucking baby analogy

Then buy an nvidia shield, retard
why not?

This. Another analogy would be China's the apple of countries.

No, apple is the nintendo of gaying.

>perfectly optimized software
This is what macfags actually believe.

It’s what Apple used to do, maybe I should have added this because it’s certainly not been applied to their products for roughly 10 years, you’re right.

Yes.
Example: Pokemon.

Splatoon and Arms are new franchises and pretty great though. And even there recycled old franchises are often more diverse than what other publishers have to offer (e.g. Assassins Creed = Shadow of war = etc). Oh and normally there are like several years in between releases of a new game in the franchise (The last main entry Zelda game is from 2011)

lolno

Apple is great at marketing but makes shiny garbage

Nintendo is shit at marketing but makes fun games

EA IS an apple of gaming.