/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

GPUs:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/hWQjtJ
pcpartpicker.com/user/GreaseFunky/saved/ZyrVYJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/JM6Ynn
pcpartpicker.com/list/JYXXxY
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W06DX4775
pcpartpicker.com/list/h9Tbqk
pcpartpicker.com/product/Nqp323/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvrb
pcpartpicker.com/list/Dvh4zM
pcpartpicker.com/list/DQfsqk
youtube.com/watch?v=TUxmF2OtwX0
partition-tool.com/copy-wizard/migrate-os-to-ssd.htm
pcpartpicker.com/product/sZJkcf/acer-gn276hl-bid-270-144hz-monitor-gn276hl-bid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should I get a 1600X now or should I wait for the Zen refresh?
It's 209 Euro right now.

2400MHz CL15 or 3000MHz CL16 for Covfefe Lake?

Cross postan

if you wait, you can keep waiting, because there's always something on the horizon to wait for

whichever if cheaper, if about the same price, 3000

The 2400 has both less bandwidth and higher latency, so I don't see why you'd even consider it unless it's significantly cheaper.

You're probably right.
I choose the 1600X because it's just 11 Euros above the 1600 right now. I would have gotten a new Heatsink either way.
Thanks.

>tfw just sold my 7700K
had it sealed in the box since June. I feel like a weight has been lifted. However, I still have some DDR4 I bought for it in the box too. Should I wait till mid 2018 to buy anything?

>higher latency
I thought CL15 is lower latency than CL16

should I, /pcbg/?

pcpartpicker.com/list/hWQjtJ

Can anyone help me with my build? Its my first time trying to make a PC. Would appreciate any help regarding parts that should be changed out and for what

Looks pretty good, I might get the 1600X for now then upgrade to a Zen 2 eight core on 7nm.

No one can say without more info dumdum but if you have to ask probably not

Good but you should get slightly faster RAM

Depends on what you have now. If you have an i5 or above I'd say wait until you can't do something particular that you want to do

How much did you buy/sell for?

Is powercooler a good brand?

It is, when both sticks run at the same frequency. But Cas latency isn't measured in concrete time units, it's measured in cycles. And 15/2400 is more than 16/3000.

Is it too late in the game to consider a brand new RX580 8GB? I'm looking at pic related. I game at 1440p 60FPS. It'd be paired with an R7-1700X.

I honestly have a gtx-980ti currently. But I'd like to get a 4K free-sync monitor and will game at 1080p. I want out of the Nvidia world. I want to make use of free-sync.

wait for black friday or nah?

pcpartpicker.com/user/GreaseFunky/saved/ZyrVYJ

what do you guys think? this is also my first time building a pc, and im on a tight budget

Other user, but I feel retarded now.. I based my RAM decisions on whether it had low CAS before high frequency (C14 2400 instead of C16 3200), luckily I decided to waitâ„¢ a little and haven't bought it yet.
Thanks for the save user.

Vega 56 is a closer approximation to the power level of the 980Ti
4K Freesync isn't good yet. There are no high refresh rate 4K monitors
Vega 56 is a little weak for 4K, and the RX 580 is way weak for 4K

Sales are getting posted already, so just check for what you want

Parts list is private, dumdum

>Parts list is private, dumdum
pcpartpicker.com/list/JM6Ynn

>order 16gb ram
>get sent correct ram but packing slip for different ram
>other dude puts in claim for his missing ram
>somehow that puts in a claim for me
>getting sent another 16gb of my ram tomorrow
neat

Notice that the OP doesn't say anything about CAS latency and only mentions speed. I mean, god knows what could be in the OP (everything posted here is a work of fiction etc), but right now it's good.

>Sales are getting posted already
pcpartpicker.com/list/JYXXxY
I want to satisfy my jewishness to not feel too bad on spending 2 big ones on something I don't really need

Fucking nice

>Vega 56

Vega 56 current cards suck. If I were going to buy Vega, I would buy a Vega 64 custom model. Like the sapphire 3x8pin version. And I know 4K is shit for gaming. I'm talking of using the monitor as 4K for normal browsing and tasks, but playing games in 1080p to take advantage of better performance and free-sync.

My buddy has a 28" free-sync capable 3840x2160p monitor that looks fine even when gaming at 1080p.

I'd turn around and sell it immediately, or even hold it for a bit in the hopes that RAM prices will keep climbing

1080p monitor in the OP is better for less
If you can't handle curved just look for a 144Hz 1ms VA panel for about $250

I still don't know why you'd downgrade from a 980Ti to a 580 just for some shitty 60Hz Freesync that probably won't even be active half the time unless you frame limit and adjust settings ever so carefully

Like I said, 4K monitors suck for gaming right now, not just because of the high GPU power required to run them but also the monitors themselves suck

>1080p monitor in the OP is better for less
but is it goy-sync enabled though

Honestly I don't think G-sync is worth it right at this moment.. No VA panels and no HDR10
If you really want G sync get 165Hz IPS

Oh ok. Fuck. I didn't want to pay the G-sync tax, but looks like I may have to. I was just looking at monitors. I can get my hands on a 27" 144HZ 2560x1440p monitor with G-SYNC for $450. Asus model. Worth it?

redbull me on goysync and why shouldn't I get it. Keep in mind I want to embrace the 144hz meme

Seems like you've been bitten by the green bug of envy, friend.

No for the reasons I posted here . That 144Hz panel is TN. Not the worst but like I said I'd get 165Hz IPS for color and viewing angle reasons.

What's a good 2*4GB RAM for ASRock AB350M Pro4 with R5 1600? QVL lists only ridiculoulsy expensive sets of RAM.

Well I'm on a non Freesync non G-sync 60hz monitor. If I get a new monitor, I want it to have all the bells and whistles.

So now it's what? Play the waiting game? The 165hz monitors a crazy money.

Gsync is nice but if it's on a monitor without HDR10.. was the extra cost really worth it? I think not. You could wait a couple of months and get a Gsync monitor with the biggest color enhancement in a while (HDR10), which is particularly noticeable in games

outdated info
just get any

What would be the most quiet case of these:
Define R5 window or no window
Corsair 270R
NZXT S340

define r5 no window

aware me on a good monitor without goysync that is 144hz. Going to pull the trigger on this one if I can keep it below $2000.

You can pretty much use any RAM you want with Ryzen after the latest BIOS updates. 3200 CL14 is great

I would wait for these reasons , and HDR10 is definitely a big bell. Your current monitor is fine, not like it's got bunch of dead pixels or something.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W06DX4775
Freesync is just a free bonus if you ever get an AMD card

What are some of the best Black Friday deals people have found so far?

I'm digging the 1600 + MSI Mobo combo from Frys but I know it'll be sold out before I can refresh the page

anything not curved?

welp, I added this
pcpartpicker.com/list/h9Tbqk
and took away the speakers because I'd probably use headphones anyways when I want to really listen to something because the apartment manager literally lives next to me.

>tfw can't upgrade the the cpu, board, or ram without upgrading all of them together.

>tfw my video card is still kickin ass

Yet I want to upgrade.

what color should i get Sup Forums?

Put an i7 in there and get an SSD if you don't have one

Still a TN monitor.. Look for a VA panel

Black and gray
or
Gray

On second look the Black and Gray is the only acceptable one

I'm new to building and I'm trying to figure out if I will I be able to fit the following into a Meshify C?
>front
240mm rad & fans (AIO) + 1x 120mm fan intake
>back
120mm rad & fans (AIO) exhaust
>top
2x 140mm fans exhaust
Top fans are obviously fine but some of the clearance info is really unhelpful for example at the front
>"40mm with fan installed"
how thick is the fan? does that mean 40mm of rad space? My GPU is ~285mm and the GPU clearance with fan installed is 315, so that would mean I have 60mm of clearance at the front?

i think yourre right user, thnx
have a cute grill

I have 3 tbqh. I am sitting in a full tower because I expected XFire/SLI to become more popular but it's only gotten worse so the plan is to wait for the i5 to need upgrading so I can go ahead with DDR4 ram and a new board and probably get a different case.

I was contemplating going water cooling this time but I really don't know if it's worth the price and hassle because I'd want to water cool everything, not just the CPU but do a full circuit.

I just now realized the curved monitor you posted is a VA.
My build is now below $1800 and has satisfied my autism. Still can't help but feel prices could drop the closer we get to Friday. I mean these prices are similar to where they were a few weeks ago

scratch that, lots of reviews of the CPU AIO leaking after ~6months

pcpartpicker.com/product/Nqp323/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvrb
same ram, $40 cheaper on sale, as long as you don't care about color, which you shouldn't
you can put that $40 into finding a 1060 6gb on sale this week

>or even hold it for a bit in the hopes that RAM prices will keep climbing
I have a gut feeling that ram prices have to be reaching a breaking point soon where current prices are unsustainable with consumer needs and start coming back down
I'm also bad at gambling, so who knows

Anyone ever bought a chink CPU heatsink?
There's some brands on AliExpress (Alseye and VTG) that seems good.
Should I try my luck with a AIO or air?
I'm not from the US so a Corsair 120 mm AIO is above $110 so I'm going chink. Even a Hyper 212 costs over $50.

*forgot pic

Don't cheap out on an AIO unless you want to give your computer a shower

What are the chances of Pic Related going on sale on Black Friday, Cyber Monday?

Well they look like cooler master/nzxt knockoffs. Maybe they came out of the same factory and were just rebadged/rehoused by some chink companies?
If so they might be of comparable quality internally. Hard to tell from pictures alone though. It's a gamble, and when it comes to liquid cooling I wouldn't even consider it.

I'm upgrading from a 2tb HDD to a 2tb SSD. I want to use the HDD for storage. What's the best way to go about getting win10 on the SSD and wiping the HDD for storage?

Seriously? Not that user, but I have a set of 2x8GB sticks rated for 3200Mhz and I can only get them (consistently) to 2800 after the latest bios update for my mb. Did I get duds?

Migrate the OS

What RAM and mobo do you have exactly?

MB: MSI B350M Bazooka
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V (F4-3200C16D-16GVGB)

>AMD is power efficient, has good thermals out of the box on stock cooler (and pretty silent operation too without hardcore overclocking) and good headroom
>Intel is power hungry, runs really hot out of the box, requires a circumcision (delid) to not catch fire and requires beefy aftermarket coolers

>nobody mentions power efficiency EVER, if you want power you pay for it, goy!

>AMD is hotter, louder and more power hungry than Nvidia but delivers similar performance at a very competitive price point and the prospect of improved performance as drivers mature
>Nvidia runs cool and efficiently, using much less energy even under heavy loads

>Fucking AYYMD releasing power hungry chips again! Nvidia is so far ahead of Ayymd! Never buy an AYYMD housefire!

Really makes one ponder.

so why would anyone buy the ripjaws when the trident series is cheaper and faster?

>Migrate the OS
How, google fails me

Those were the cheapest sticks I found back when I bought them. Around 110 burgers, I believe.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Dvh4zM
It's my first time building, how good is this?
currency is dollars
also have some other questions:
How much do the the extra cores and threads on ryzen over kabylake matter?
>I'm deciding between this msi motherboard and the ASRock AB350M Pro4, what is LLC?

Also I've already bought and hd, ssd, psu, and case last year

Is an rx 580 8gb for $260 a good deal? It's a 24h deal on newegg and I don't want to miss it if its good.

I heard that MSI has been lacking in RAM support, but that's just a rumor

>Intel is power hungry, runs really hot out of the box, requires a circumcision (delid) to not catch fire and requires beefy aftermarket coolers
All of this is false. The best gaming CPU on the market right now, the i5 8400, runs cool and efficiently compared to an R5 1600 at 3.9GHz

Power hungry / too hot to handle only applies to cards that need three (3) 6+2pin connectors

Not about AMD vs Intel vs Nvidia, dramaqueen

Search migrate+OS+SSD retard. Your google-fu is weak as hell

It's ok, decent for recent prices

pcpartpicker.com/list/DQfsqk
Hoping to get a few more opinions on this.
HTPC+1080p/60hz gaming.

RAM is coming from an older build.
Mobo is for thunderbolt.

AB350 Pro4 or B350-PLUS?
does it even matter?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Dvh4zM
I recommend the following:

IMO opt for the 525gb Crucial SSD over the two drives you have listed, but that's just like my opinion man

You can deal hunt hard for a better value on the monitor. I think you can get about $30 cheaper for similar quality or spend about $20 more for a 27" version at similar quality

Definitely get a better PSU. Corsair, EVGA, Thermaltake, are good brands. Get a 650. The 750 fully-modular PSU I'm getting is only $60 and it's gold as well.

Everything else is great

this will still work on b350s right? the title for somereason says z170

>current system
>AMD Athlon II X3 445
>Radeon HD 5770
>Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

i was about to buy a 1050ti right now and upgrade to an i5 8400 later early 2018.
is the PCIe 3.0 card even compatible with the PCIe 2.0 x16 slots on my old af motherboard?

I was met with dozens of old articles about the process. Took a couple pages until they started calling it cloning, which now I get and I know what to do. So thanks

Some black friday shit on newegg from linustechtips
youtube.com/watch?v=TUxmF2OtwX0

(links and prices in the desc)

Literally the first link that came up when searching using startpage
partition-tool.com/copy-wizard/migrate-os-to-ssd.htm

Holy shit, I can't believe he's shilling the i5 7600K and i7 7700K to his viewers

>oh snap the 8600k for 210$? holy fuck that's a ste-
>double check
>7600k
??

Unfortunately, I already bought the psu and storage. Any recs for the monitor?

Hello Sup Forumsentiles.
The last PC I owned was an alienware from around 2005. I still have it running xp and every few years I turn it on to play Jedi Knight and PSX emulators to get nostalgic.

I got bit by the bug in the last couple months and after catching up on things I have assembled a build for around $620 using a combo of blackfriday online coupons and discounts with used parts from offerup.
-ryzen 5 1600
-msi b350 gaming pro
-16g corsair vengeance 3000
-msi rx580 8gb
-wd 240gb ssd m2.0
-corsair 400c case
-seasonic 620w modular psu
-rosewill rnxac1300 wifi adapter

I am just waiting for the video card to arrive so I can put this together. The last pieces of the puzzle are:
Whats a good freesynch monitor to be on the look out for that isnt the latest and greatest?(I will hunt for used monitors locally under $100) Use will be video editing and some gaming . In the meantime Im reusing my 6 year old monitor.

Is there any issue installing Win 7? I am trying my best to avoid windows 10, but I am about to throw in the towel and be a good goy for papa gates just to get my pc running asap. Would like to spend maximum $30 on the OS. I want to be able to play my old steam games like day of defeat as well as some newer ones because fuck it now I have a rig that can.

Anything you would add last minute while Im still high on the dopamine from buying parts and waiting to assemble? The fact that I spent my black friday $ on a computer instead of gun parts and ammo still concerns me...

>pcpartpicker.com/product/sZJkcf/acer-gn276hl-bid-270-144hz-monitor-gn276hl-bid

Those prices don't look all that amazing.

Alright fa/g/gots. I'm finally going to participate in the yearly consumerism ritual. Need some info:
>Mid or Micro Towers that are optimal for AIRFLOW - fuck liquid coolers
>Best 1080p non-meme monitor (no fucking goysync or freespam are desirable, I have zero brand loyalty and don't even game much) for basic quality

pls

linusshilltips

been telling you guys for weeks not to expect shit for black friday lmao

>Corsair - SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply and Silverstone - Sugo SG13B Mini ITX Tower Case are not compatible.
see if you can get a better cpu cooler in that formfactor

This, if theres one part id avoid a bootleg brand on, its the fucking watercooling.

thanks man

why is he saying that RAM is "tuned" for different CPU manufacturers? thats bullshit right?

>Corsair - SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply and Silverstone - Sugo SG13B Mini ITX Tower Case are not compatible

It's actually compatible with Silverstone's PSU bracket. I see a lot of people with that case using SFX psus.
I'm hoping the SFX will give me more room in the case to work with while freeing up a little space above the CPU to breath.

Are blower cards really that loud? Would it be bothersome from across a room?

What the FUCK is this.

Why does newegg holocaust it's UK customers