Why aren't you using Vivaldi?

Why aren't you using Vivaldi?

I've got the Edge.

It was too clunky when I tried it.

why should I?

Slow, bad scrolling. And no Android version to sync stuff

No custom new tab support T B H. No extension for it either.

I don’t have autism.

Damn, that's one ugly ass, in-your-face browser "UI". Install qutebrowser, or luakit, or pentadactyl, or...

I wanted to like it but every update made it slower and slower. I don't know what the fuck those devs are doing but it sure as shit isn't optimizations.

Because I use Firefox

because its just a chromium skin

Still no Android port

>durrr why don't you use what i use durrrr

the upgrades fuck it up

Does it have sync?

If I wanted a gimped browser then I would just update Firefox.

This. This is the only reason why I still use Opera.

I use it because I have autism and it lets me have tabs in a sidebar

This. Just went back to FF after a year of Vivaldi.
Can't stand the slow ass shit anymore

I was, but I'm using FF Nightly now.

Because I don't care if google knows about my fetishes, and I'm not politically important.

Vivaldi is non-free and has a EULA which prevents modification, and or redistribution.

Please don't shill here.
t. Stallman.png

This. I was happy with version 11, then updated to version 12 and it fucking broke everything. Vivaldi went from decent to sucking big nigger dicks in a SINGLE update.

s l o o o w

It will soon have it, along an exclusive e-mail.

non-free license

Slow as fuck

Because it's literally a Chrome skin.

aesthetically displeasing

Because it's just a blink flavor. So I use opera instead.

I'm not gay

I am and I like it. haters gon hate.

i listen to Vivaldi
legitimately four seasons and shit

I'm already using it.
I have tried so many different browsers.
Vivaldi was a natural choice with all the features, customization and chrome store support.
I do not find it slow like other people claim.
Vivaldi is almost perfect, I can find so many flaws in the other browsers.

Firefox:
> Bad addon support
> Bad font rendering
> Needs more features

Chrome:
> Has no features
> No customization
> The title bar takes too much space.

Opera:
> Just a simpler version of Vivaldi. Not worth.
> Owned by China
> Looks a bit ugly, can't customize it.

Vivaldi:
> Tab-stacking (unique)
> Tab-tiling (unique)
> Panel
> Sidebar
> You can customize color-scheme, even the style file.
> Speed-commands (unique)
> More advanced than any other browser, still being fast.
> Chrome store support
> Has potential to grow a lot more. Just 1-2 year old yet.

Cmon guys.

>windows 8 titlebar
>windows 7 taskbar
?????

It's slower than Firefox and Chrome.

It's uglier than Firefox and Chrome.

You can barely customize it unlike Firefox where you can customize everything.

Vivaldi is pure shit.

This is my Vivaldi. Does this look uglier than Firefox and Chrome to you? Jeez.

Because Iridium is the only acceptable non-Firefox browser.

>does it look uglier
Yes

Actually look is highly subjective, so I'm not offended at all. Firefox is the king of customization, so I understand Mozilla-fans. But Vivaldi is in second place, so people should really pay respect to that imo.

Because it's the new Opera.

If it has unlimited free VPN, adblock and full-page screenshot, I'll replace Opera.

There are just a few things I dislike here:
>Vivaldi icon wasting space
>that trash can
>too many addon icons for my taste

> No VPN, but VPN might be overrated.
> No Adblock, but desu extensions do that job better than the built-in. I have tested with my Opera.
> It can do full-page screenshot.

>too many addon icons for my taste
That's up to everyone, you can hide the icons or remove the addons. Up to you.
>that trash can
You will thank the trash can for rest of your life if you learn how to use it. It has a function. You find closed pages inside it. And who knows, they might redesign it later.
Other browsers waste more space imo.
Also, the icon is the menu button. It has a function as well. Vivaldi doesn't waste much space at all.

>he thinks his chinese vpn botnet is safe

That's great but I really need free unlimited VPN.
I do some van-worthy transactions and Opera's VPN has never let me down ever since it's release.

Because Pale Moon is the best free browser and the most trustworthy currently available

>the icon is the menu button
Seems like an odd place for it. But whatever works for you. As for the trash can, I rarely need that feature unless I close a tab accidentally. But it sounds more useful than the way Firefox handles this.

God this is disgusting

Probably because it's windows.

I use Firefox Nightly on Win 10 and it looks better imho

I'll switch from Opera to Vivaldi when this happens. This kills the Opera.

>>Vivaldi icon wasting space
Even though this is where you click to open up options and tools?

Do you really click on all those things? On firefox you can just hit Ctrl Shift A and access the same stuff you see there.

>I do not find it slow like other people claim
It's gotten a lot better in the recent versions. The slowness was mostly the UI reacting sluggishly (which in general is seriously horrible).

Because I'm not a snowlfake.

Not him, you can access anything with keyboard shortcuts on Vivaldi too. There's also a "supersearch" window that opens with F2, where you can search through open tabs, bookmarks/speed dials and browser settings.

Bloat

>tools
>what is right click

not free

Because I like the way chrome syncs with my phone. Chrome + kde connect gives me the same level of integration I was used to as a macfag with a MacBook and iPhone, but with 99.9% less gay sex. Which is good, because my asshole was really starting to hurt from the mandatory poundings from Applel

because I'm using nightly and vivaldi is shit built using shit on top of shit by people who previously developed shit.

It's a fuckup from start to finish.

that's the options menu, where other browsers would either have that tasty burger Icon or "..." instead.

>I like the botnet

That is unironically disgusting yes.

>weird shading on the titlebar making it look out of place
>fuckton of unecessary buttons everywhere like the vivaldi icon on the left, the trash can on the right, the new tab button, all those addon icons etc.
>actually being a norgay and an ugly kid

Shitty font rendering and fugly UI.

Firefox has nothing there. The options button is next to the addons.

Honest question, which rendering do you like better?

i'm the good goy here i guess
hello fa/g/s
might as well include my extensions while i'm at it
works pretty smooth
i'm not savvy enough to pick up a good browser out of looking at the specs, i just heard about it online, maybe on this board
in order on the pic
advanced forward button
hangouts
ublock origin
crxMouse Gestures
the great suspender (essential to have tons of tabs on a potato pc)
pip video
https everywhere
history eraser
pocket
tab restore
session manager
tampermonkey
privacy badger
fireshot
unshorten.link (for those pesky twitter tracker links but useful for any shady redirect link as well)
go to playing tab
turn off the lights (for youtube, i end up not using it though, dark youtube was better but it stopped working)
ublock protector extension

and i also have Sup Forums x, image search options, imagus, imgur uploader, no country redirect, reddit enhancement suite, umatrix, youtube instant replay

wrong pic

i'd go with the right one because it's slightly less contrasted and the left one seems a bit too strong in that department but contrast is the only difference i'm spotting and it's little

>full-page screenshot
it has tons of addons for that
mine is fireshot

Serious? I have more trouble reading with the right one. Specially with some blurry characters (for instance, look at the small "listen" word on both, the l on the left one seems to be a bit confused about how to be rendered)

so where's the wasted space? no difference in used space whether the Icon is in the title bar or next to addons.

yeah but my my monitor is a bit high in light right now, i might prefer the left sample under a lower light
the difference between the two is very underwhelming, i cant even see if it's a rendering difference, just contrast

why use it over Firefox Quantum?

in this example left is more readable, right is washed out.

left is clearer, right is jaggy and needs better antialiasing

left is firefox quantum and right is vivaldi. I honestly like left better as well, I kinda wish there was a way of having this on different browsers.

Proprietary

Your tabs are in the "titlebar". Space is more relevant there unless you have 10+ addon icons. Not to mention it just looks bad.

Left is much, much better.

>Using a Blink-based browser.
Gecko/Servo is just so much better.

It sucks and is gay.

Been using vivaldi for 5 months and it just werks. I like the aesthetic features and haven't noticed any hiccups. Only thing that bothers me is it isn't open source. That's probably a deal breaker for most. I'm surprised I like it so much. If it's a meme browser I guess I ended up falling for it.

I really wanted to get back on the firefox wagon after the new release, but couldn't. It wouldn't load websites correctly. Things were just off, like in tweetdeck for example, and if I can't simply browse comfortably it's not worth it. Maybe it will get fixed with more updates, but till then it's a no.

Brave's "shield blocker" is total trash. The worst kinds of ads get through. I think that browser is a total scam. If they allowed ublock orgin I'd use it, but that would go against their "philosophy" or really their business model.

So yea I'll be sticking with vivaldi for the foreseeable future.

Because I am not autistic like OP.

Servo is marginally better than blink. Gecko is certainly not.

No Sync.

is there any better browser?

But I do because fireshit quantum killed all my extensions.

Because Palemoon gets the job done by using half of the RAM Chrome reskins use.

Vivaldi already has mail though
webmail.vivaldi.net

>a million ways to customize vivaldi to your taste
>can't remove the fucking home button on the taskbar

other than that it was slow as shit, had some cool features though

lol

using iridium because i'm too autistic to get used to non-chrome stuff

>Why aren't you using Vivaldi?
Because Opera is faster and better.