No reason to use Linux in 2017

There is no reason to use Linux in 2017. It is objectively inferior to commercial operating systems like Windows and Mac OS. Not ready for prime time.
>muh tux racer
>muh spinnan cubes
Literally the only arguments people can make for it.

linux is legitimately easier to use than windows once you get over the initial learning hump

I use it as a software RAID. Is there a better windows/mac alternative?

>no reason to use Linux in 2017
>Not knowing Linux has the best servers
>not knowing even windows uses Linux servers
>not wanting to be a part of something that is being build from the ground up because he wants to be spoonfed all his computer needs

>I can't see a point in using xx therefore there is no point to using it at all
Kill yourself, op

>>muh tux racer
>>muh spinnan cubes
These are 2007 arguments not 2017.

cause im a compE not a pleb like you
>muh spinnan cubes
ahh this brings me back

And yet you still provide no arguments. There is even less of a reason to use Linux in the current year.

Linux has:
Better command line/terminal/shell, better package management, better (and the ability to choose) desktop environments, no license key activation requirements, no limits on installs, no forced updates, better file system options, and the ability to choose and configure any of that stuff basically at will. using windows exclusive software and claiming it's the be all and end all of software in that field is stupid and childish. Stop shilling for your tyrannical software company

From a consumer standpoint sure. From a business and administrator perspective linux is hands down best OS for servers and management.
For the consumer considering cost, linux is the cheapest option and probably worth it to spend the time learning how to use the OS.

Stop shilling meme OS, you are the cancer of this era.

Better package management.

Yall gonna get cucked by Fuchsia OS
Praise Zircon

bash must be used when shit broken seriosly, so looxin get fucked-up every day.
also
>systemd
>alsa vs pulse
>dependence hell
>fat DE eat 1Gb ram at start
>no drivers
>x.org vs wayland
>no gaems
>wine is shit

This.

GNU/Linux also actually tells you what went wrong in the case of a problem. You might not know what the error means but you can google it. Windows on the other hand: "HURR DURR SUMTIN HAPPONT -fin-"

You do realize all these problems are optional with GNU/Linux, right? Every line of your post can be fixed with a single command using your package manager. Except the Wine one but that's a wintoddler only problem (protip: never use wine).

can you link me the source where bash or any shell must be used even stuff is broken? I can't find any claims of that.
>systemD
Optional
>also vs pulse
Choose which one works
>dependence hell
Been using Linux for half a decade and have never run into that, can you show me which programs you're using that are giving you issues?
>Desktop environments using 1GB at start
Gnome 3 on my laptop uses ~700MB. Also, you can choose a different one if you don't like the bloated ones.
>no drivers
This isn't the 1990s. I've had no issues with any hardware I've plugged into my Linux machine since I started using it
>x vs Wayland
They are working on replacing an old display server with a new one. Are you implying Windows or mac has never done that?
>no games
There are ~6000 that work natively on steam and plenty of emulation options. Please stop using arguments from the 90s
>wine is shit
Works for me

>anti-linux shill thread
>has video games mentioned in OP
They can't even hide themselves.

When stuff is broken*

>systemd
Better than Windows way of dealing with services and shit.
>alsa vs pulse
I don't see how this is a problem besides pulseaudio being a dependency for systemd.
>*dependency hell
Driver hell
>fat DE eat 1Gb ram at start
Windows eats a minimum of 2GB at idle
>no drivers
99% is built-in to the kernel.
>x.org vs Wayland
Why would a normal person care about this?
>no gaymes
>wine is shit
Not everybody plays gaymes you child.

I see no problem in dual booting. But I use linux for bash, I can do alot more with bash than batch. I program daily and I made a bash script that can turn off phones by flooding them with big complicated text messages. You want proof I have it on a pastebin.

>alsa vs pulse

There is no alsa vs pulse. Pulse is like an extension to alsa. You install alsa and if you like pulse alongside.

Agreed, but linux is extremely usefull especially when u dual boot with Windows, like I do. I would NEVER just run linux by itself. Kinda like how mac should kill it self

Running Linux by itself is fine though, stop being addicted to bad video games and Windows locked software

>I would NEVER just run linux by itself.
I wouldn't do this as well. I'd team up my kernel with a comfy userland, like GNU.

Yeah yeah, please leave.
>muh opinion is better than yours
>opinion
I said please, so leave.

I would like it if things were more fit for linux like Adobe premiere, but that's not how the world works. I hands down say that windows is the best gaming os. And there are alot of Linuxs like over 150. But ya I wish shit was more compatible

>learning
>easy
Um sweety?

Ah yes the "I definitely need and use this adobe product very regularly, along with my hardcore gaming" reason. Just put Windows in a VM

>use windows xp
>it decides not to mount flash drives out of the blue
>have to go into disk management and manually assign a drive letter to the USB device to mount it

>use windows 7
>have to wait like half a minute after logging in until my relatively powerful PC becomes usable

>use windows 7
>try to shift+delete like 4000 files
>it tells me it's putting the files into the recycle bin, because there is apparently a really obscure bug that happens when you delete 1000+ files

>use windows 8.1
>computer goes to sleep
>metro/modern interface becomes unresponsive after coming back from sleep on multiple occasions, have to ctrl+shift+esc

>use windows 8.1
>NTFS actually supports fully qualified filenames of length up to 32000+ characters
>MS artificially limits the maximum length of said filenames to 260 characters by making windows explorer and the command line utilities unable to handle anything longer than 260 chars
>third party programs don't have this limitation
>4K downloader automatically gives the downloaded file a too long name, and now I'm unable to delete it (I think I ultimately deleted it with winrar or something)

>use windows 8.1
>have corrupted .wav file on my desktop
>the windows thumbnail generator process can't generate a thumbnail since the file is corrupted, so it just constantly maxes out one of my cores
>can't delete the file, because it is constantly in use by the thumbnail generator process (solved it by booting into command line mode and deleting the file)

>use windows 8.1
>file has some wacky characters in its name, so search indexer is now maxing out one of my cores
>can't delete it, because it's in use

>use windows 10, only for occasional gaming now, as I became a linux user
>the updates are really as annoying as Sup Forums told me they would be
>have to deal with shit like "sign in to update your nvidia drivers"

I've had enough bad experiences with that OS already, I won't go back.

Please do, I am geniuenly interested.

this