What have you done to save the internet Sup Forums?

What have you done to save the internet Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/telco-agrees-to-stop-blocking-voip-calls/
fortune.com/2009/04/03/group-asks-fcc-to-probe-iphone-skype-restrictions/
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/
businessinsider.com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality
savetheinternet.com/blog/2013/09/18/verizons-plan-break-internet
pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup
rt.com/usa/397163-verizon-admits-throttle-netflix/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/fcc-will-also-order-states-to-scrap-plans-for-their-own-net-neutrality-laws/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

incoming anti-NN shils in 3... 2... 1...

it's not gonna get passed lol

Voted democrat

not a damn thing

Net neutrality is the government regulation of the internet. It is backed by Soros, Clinton, Shareblue, Progressives, etc.

They'll try to tell you that without it, ISPs could cut off conservatives, Sup Forums, etc. It's a lie.

If that was true, they'd be all for getting rid of it. The left would burn half the country to kill free speech.

They are TERRIFIED by this.

Good.

there's no vote, it's decided by the FCC chairman who used to work for verizon

The US didn't have net neutrality until June 12, 2015
It was fine before then and it will be fine after it's gone

Is there anyway to support anti net neutrality? I feel like doing so just to piss off reddit. The day when net neutrality gets torn down will be a day to remember. Reddit will be in full meltdown mode, powerless. Just like the 2016 elections all over again.

>They'll try to tell you that without it, ISPs could cut off conservatives, Sup Forums, etc. It's a lie.
Wow, I wonder if there's anyone stupid enough to take you seriously.

Net Neutrality is cancer.

>Net neutrality is the government regulation of the internet.
It's government regulation protecting customers from monopolies by ensuring all data is treated equally across the internet no matter where it comes from or goes to.

It was needed because the telecoms have monopolies in the US, thanks to legislation they bought.

In other words it was legislation protecting people from previous legislation.

Now it's being removed, and on top of it, they're adding legislation to prevent states from implementing their own net neutrality laws.

Shareblue etc. are all in favor of getting rid of net neutrality because it means a greater barrier to entry into the market for competing services/websites/content providers. E.g. they get to lock down the internet now with google, facebook, netflix, twitter, and so forth and startups get fucked by being unable to afford 'data prioritization' (AKA pay us money or we throttle your connection so much your customers leave)

It is the exact opposite of enabling a free market, all it does is give monopolies more power and create monopolies out of the tech giants. (Which is why they're all on board with it now)

So you'd be willing to use app-style internet just to slight your internet bullies? Being a self-destructive idiot must give you a raging microboner.

The US was under the assumption that net neutrality laws applied for 30 years going. It wasn't until Verizon won a lawsuit about it that the rules no longer applied to them. They promptly began fucking everyone over:

2005 - Madison River Communications was blocking VOIP services. The FCC put a stop to it.
cnet.com/news/telco-agrees-to-stop-blocking-voip-calls/

2007-2009 - AT&T was having Skype and other VOIPs blocked because they didn't like there was competition for their cellphones.
fortune.com/2009/04/03/group-asks-fcc-to-probe-iphone-skype-restrictions/

2011 - MetroPCS tried to block all streaming except youtube.
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/

2011-2013, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon were blocking access to Google Wallet because it competed with their bullshit.
businessinsider.com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12

2012, Verizon was demanding google block tethering apps on android because it let owners avoid their $20 tethering fee. This was despite guaranteeing they wouldn't do that as part of a winning bid on an airwaves auction.
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html

2012, AT&T - tried to block access to FaceTime unless customers paid more money.
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality

2013, Verizon literally stated that the only thing stopping them from favoring some content providers over other providers were the net neutrality rules in place.
savetheinternet.com/blog/2013/09/18/verizons-plan-break-internet

pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup Forums_Stirs_Internet_Hornets_Nest.html

2017, Verizon caught throttling customer data in direct violation of FCC Net Neutrality rules
rt.com/usa/397163-verizon-admits-throttle-netflix/

The internet was a mistake

go back to r/the donald/ fag

Real Talk:

Sup Forums is fucking retarded for supporting the end of Net Neutrality when the first thing ISPs will go for are gun forums and gun stores. Cap this post because it WILL happen. They don't want to be associated with guns in any way. And with that gone, so does the primary way people can learn and stay informed about guns, the #1 way to prevent gun control and win over pro-gun voters.

Meanwhile, Reddit is equally fucking retarded for supporting the massive expansion of wiretapping and anti-privacy powers Mueller will soon recommend when his "Russian meddling" report is out. The report will completely exonerate Trump while blaming our "chaotic and open door" Internet policies. The other shoe drops and Congress will be asked to pass laws that (among other things) require all Internet users to log into their ISP to access the web, like South Korea already does. Non-whitelisted sites will be permanently throttled, if not blocked without a special paid permit through your ISP.

Both sides are using their blind hatred of each other to let the shadow government do whatever it wants. They're all pawns in a larger game to destroy our rights. The endgame of this is all guns and free speech being banned.

Not supporting the NN crap

>it was her turn!
Nice try, soyboy

Then in 2015, the outcry about it became so big that the Obama administration changed the net neutrality rules so they reapplied to the telecoms.

That's why there are idiots shilling this "the rules never used to exist!" bullshit. They did - until Verizon won their court case (where the court basically said, until this net neutrality regulation is enforced more permanently by the FCC it doesn't apply)

>anti-NN shils
can't even write shills properly
also
>implying the ones promoting the NN crap aren't the shills

>internet without Americans

It's more that half the users here have been convinced that the telecoms behind CNN, MSNBC, Huffpo, etc. as well as the internet giants like Google, Amazon, Netflix, Facebook, are looking out for the public's interests, and not their own pockets.

Make no mistake the only winners of the net neutrality repeal are the telecoms and tech giants, and the losers are literally every single other entity out there.

You won't understand just how fucked you are now until everything that makes the internet what it is and what you love is slowly sapped or killed.

>there's no vote, it's decided by the FCC chairman who used to work for verizon

C O R R U P T I O N
O
R
R
U
P
T
I
O
N

Shitpost about it on Sup Forums.

Nothing cuz I live in EU-stan

Additionally, if people here really wanted a free market - they ought to be fighting for anti-trust suits to destroy the telecom monopolies, not repealing the only law protecting them from those monopolies.

Nothing. I don't care because I live in the glorious EU.

>2026: California passes the Internet Gun Safety Act which prohibits all pictures of firearms from being posted from Californian posters
>That same year, Massachusetts prohibits all pictures of "destructive devices" including tanks, fighter jets, and missiles
>New York jumps in and bans pictures of soldiers too, including police officers
>Sup Forums has their house raided and their Wehrmacht gun collection crushed while Reddit has their house raided and their photographs of police abuse burned
>Everyone ends in the same concentration camp.

Once the EU sees how successful it is at controlling free speech on the internet, they'll follow suit.

No need for censorship laws (Although they're already implementing those controls in the EU anyways)

>Reddit is equally fucking retarded for supporting the massive expansion of wiretapping and anti-privacy powers
When has this happened?

>My political stances are influenced by whatever pisses off my opposition
Are you 16 or do you just want to see Western civilization collapse faster? Because I'm sure if the latter would happen all the useless christcucks who know nothing about self sustainment like you will be spit out of life

He was put into place by the current administration/trump himself, so fuck off.

We're on Sup Forums, genius.

>glorious EU
Calm down Hans

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/fcc-will-also-order-states-to-scrap-plans-for-their-own-net-neutrality-laws/

/r/politics and any democrat-leaning subreddit, they voice support for an expansion of the NSA's powers in order to stop "russian meddling" because they think it will impeach Trump (somehow)

It's legitimately fucking sickening and makes me want to murder people. And I voted for Stein like Stallman did.

I'm not seeing anything here that isn't still corruption.

FCC shouldn't be headed by the industry he's supposed to "regulate". What a fucking joke.

Why?

>What have you done to save the internet Sup Forums?

I saged and reported this thread

because alex jones told him so

This desu

>Sup Forums now opposes NN
What in the name of fuck happened here?

>ISPs start banning any imagery of politicians after a redditor or Sup Forumsfag assassinates someone
>can only get pictures of them through whitelisted sources with their written permission
>congress makes it law by amending the DMCA
>same for anything else like guns, cars, or videogames

This isn't funny because the door to this is open right now with NN dead. There would be nothing stopping them if they did.

I don't think alex jones said anything about it.

It's just that Sup Forums is full of idiots who actually seem to think corporations have their interests at heart. In spite of the fact that corporations have been shitting on trump and his supporters non-stop. (in fact THESE SPECIFIC CORPORATIONS that bought this very legislation!)

Sup Forums has no end of hatred for CNN and MSNBC
But rename them Time Warner and Comcast and suddenly everything they say and do is alright.

>cutting off your nose to spite your face: the post

The internet caught cancer, it needs to die

more like cutting off your face to spite your nose

Net neutrality is what allows so many people to collect data on me. I do not believe in net neutrality.

How is it backed by a lady who doesn't even know how email works?

Sup Forums has never supported NN. Only reddit cucks support NN because their google/netflix overlords told them to.

Net neutrality has nothing to do with the maintenance of our infrastructure.

>Now it's being removed, and on top of it

It isn't being removed. It does not currently exist. The internet will not change from its current state because we do not live under net neutrality right now.

What the fuck are you even talking about? I'll just get my internet from a not shit service and they will let me go wherever. You can have your fisher price internet because you're poor.

I love how reddit cheers when they cut off payment services and DNS service and hosting for things they hate but then they want to turn around and say this is a bad thing.

Nice try jew

>amerimutts getting raped by corporations
lmao

Netflix literally doesn't give a shit about NN though.

If Trump was friendly with the internet, he would just do a presidential decree to forbid ISP monopoly on all levels.

>What the fuck are you even talking about?
Net neutrality. Try to focus here, Billy-Bob.
>I'll just get my internet from a not shit service
That's not an option for most of america, which is why equal access is important.

Most of america lives in cities where we have options. If you live in the middle of nowhere you don't deserve the city building out infrastructure just for you.

I love how you try to change the subject when backed into a corner. It must suck needing to defend something that you know affects you adversely.

>implying both sides aren't full of shills
I've said it before and I've said it again, the only winning move is not to play. I can't personally do anything about it so giving a shit is wasted effort I could use for something else. Whatever happens happens and life will go on. Worst case I'll use a VPN because they won't throttle those or everyone who works from home would have an aneurysm.

How is that any different? I would seriously like to know. Cutting off nazi forums is anti NN. If you want to be able to do that you ought to not support NN.

>Most of america lives in cities where we have options.
This is both untrue and irrelevant. All of those options would still be competing with each other, and would adjust their service to what the market offers.

>I've said it before and I've said it again, the only winning move is not to play.
Being on the fence isn't really an option in this case.
>How is that any different?
We're discussing this and not that. Try to focus here, take your ritalin if you need it.

80% of the US lives in cities

>All of those options would still be competing with each other, and would adjust their service to what the market offers.

Wait what? I thought the entire argument was that they aren't competing. Now they're competing? So which is it? Why would it result in a worse internet?

>Worst case I'll use a VPN because they won't throttle those

What steps can I take right now to ensure I can continue to use the Internet like normal?

Do you really not know the difference between "suburban" and "urban"?

And suburban places have lots of built out infrastructure. I'm not talking about fucking farmland

I'm not on the fence, I support net neutrality. I just can't actually do anything about it so putting any actual care into the issue is a waste. I don't think it getting repealed would be the end of the world like reddit makes it out to be, but it wouldn't be good either.

>Wait what? I thought the entire argument was that they aren't competing.
So, do you have anything other than straw men, or are you done here? You sure are one psychotic retard.

Move to Canada.

Psychotic retard. Quite the rebuttal.

No one thinks you're talking about farmland, we think you're talking about cities. And it is EXCESSIVELY untrue that most Americans live in them.

This thread is a perfect example of the retardation coming out of Sup Forums lately. A minority meme'd a celebrity in the presidency and they want to stab themselves in the foot for laughs. Is it some defensive mechanism? Is it just blind loyalty out of fear of being labeled a moron? How could anyone vote for a joke of president and not expect major change? Shillary was a terrible candidate as well, but goddamn....

Nothing, i'm not an americuck

Anything else that's less energy intensive?

What do I, as a user, have to gain from losing NN? How, specifically, will my experience be improved?

Sup Forums is a fucking cult now. The argument "but Sup Forums isn't a hivemind/one person" is bunk. Any dissenting opinions are drowned out by a single mind set spoken by either delusional cunts or retards "ironically" shitposting.

You're just arguing against your own made up arguments, there's no point in reading your posts. Trying to change the subject at every turn because you're completely unequipped for this discussion is a waste of time.

Go outside and play some sports.

I'm convinced it's some primal brain thing.

OK, what sports do you recommend?

its a trump cult with no critical thinking outside of whatever trump tells to them to believe. A very large number of boomers, the fastest moving thread is one dedicated to delusional trump mental gymnastics.

shuttlecocking

>Sup Forums loves Trump
>Sup Forums loves Assad
>Trump bombs Syria against Assad
>Sup Forums shrugs it off, ignores it ever happened

Containment boards were a mistake.

>Sup Forums is a fucking cult now

It's a brilliant tactic; turn the internet against each other until the internet itself starts to believe that censorship is in their best interest. Why try to use rational arguments or politicking, when a small group of loud people can totally alter the landscape of the internet? They have convinced our leaders to believe in something they know in their hearts is wrong.

Man, Clinton sure is an awful president. Someone should impeach her!

Here's your (you)

It does exist

It existed since the start of the internet, and only stopped applying when Verizon won a court ruling that said they weren't Title 2 unless the FCC clarified with new rules.

WELL GUESS WHAT THE FCC DID
THEY CLARIFIED WITH NEW RULES

And now we're repealing that. 30 years NN worked JUST FINE

And now you idiots think it's great that it's being repealed.

You won't get it until the higher prices for less content bites you in the ass I guess

Is that the sport with those hot babes?

>Trump token bombs an airport that was mostly empty because the Russians warned Syria
>No one cares
wow

No, Sup Forums flipped on Trump

Were you even fucking there???

But everyone rationalized it away as 2D chess because he only hit the warehouse where all the alleged chemical weapons were stored, also a couple parked fighter jets, so in the end it was more of a placative gesture to get out of a bind he was put into by MSM/political enemies to DO something about Syria allegedly using gas again.

Trump basically did something without actually doing anything.
In this way he made everyone happy.

Why the fuck does it matter? I don't want them dumping billions of tax dollars into these companies just for them to lobby against our municipalities. If we want a neutral internet we should fund it and build it ourselves, not pay people to build it so they can own it and reap the profits. Roads and mail service work just fine. If someone doesn't want to ship a package or if their toll road doesn't let super heavy vehicles on it so fucking what. That's no different from packets of data.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the US build the infrastructure that became the internet?
Also, are you advocating for UPS/FedEx/USPS-type internet service? Pay X amount of overnight data delivery or availability? Why?

>trumpchildren STILL defending his leadership

No, the US forked over multiple billion dollars to Bell and ATT to build the infrastructure and now those companies own a whole lot of it.

I am advocating for a USPS type isp where everyone gets the same rates and it is reasonable service and it does not need to turn a profit because it is a public service. Private companies can do what the fuck ever they please because they're private entities.

No, the internet was built by a bunch of corporations, universities, and governments together.

Thanks for the clarification.
As far as the USPS-type goes, how can a service like that really function?
Look at our train systems for example: AmTrak was created to take over the remaining train companies and is run for profit. However, the cost of actually improving our train system can not be possibly covered by the money AmTrak makes. AmTrak also gives track priority to other shipping companies, which results in slow service. It's a vicious cycle: AmTrak is poor because of bad service and there is bad service because of low profits.
Like AmTrak, the US would need to setup their own infrastructure or just use existing infrastructure. If we use existing lines, we are subject to the whims of other competing ISPs. Now, AmTrak has no competition and it could be argued that competition would drive a gov't ISP to be better. Thing is, building something scratch would cost a tremendous amount of money or sharing is going to land in the same situation we are in. Why would Verizon give a shit about a gov't isp performing well?
In an ideal situation, I agree with having a USPS isp. I just think its too entrenched in our lives for a gov't isp to work. Maybe if it was planned earlier, but not now.

If AmTrak wasn't allowed to offer different rates would they still be able to exist? How would a NN scheme work for train service? There are going to be companies like that in the internet infrastructure as well. NN might as well hand those companies to the big players who are able to subsidize less profitable areas because their opportunity for profit will have been taken away.